It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Federal Reserve System INSOLVENT?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I was reading in one of the market sites that I follow and found this.

Federal Reserve H3 release

Ok, I'm not sure exactly what H3 is and what the implications are, but there is this Federal Reserve H3 historical info back to 1959

I don't see any negative numbers in that list until January 08. So, what exactly does this mean? Has there been a stealth bailout of the bond insurers? Are there multiple major money center banks hiding insolvency? I don't know guys, I know that that is only one number of a group of numbers but what is it's signifigance? I'm sure it has something to do with the recent TAF (something starting with T auction facillity) and surprise and unprecedented rate cuts.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by jefwane]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
What in the world is that and what are those numbers on your link? I'm fairly ignorant of financial terminology and so Banks is about all I can get out of "AGGREGATE RESERVES OF DEPOSITORY INSTITUTIONS" lol.
Can you explain exactly what we're looking at?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'll do my best but basically the January 2008 report under the "non-borrowed reserves" column. This report is the reserves of depository institutions. Which I believe are the member banks that make up the Fed. The non-borrowed reserves column is showing a negative. The second link is the same report going back to 1959. As you can see this column has never shown a negative number as far back as data is available.

I'm still digesting the implications of it and what it means. I was hoping to get a few of the more financially astute to comment on it.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Your kidding, right?

The Federal Reserve creates money out of thin air and loans it with interest to governments. It is impossible for them to be insolvent.

Look up the movie Zeitgeist, you will understand enough to know that no, the Federal reserve is not insolvent.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
The Federal Reserve creates money out of thin air and loans it with interest to governments. It is impossible for them to be insolvent.

That's what's so creepy about the decline of the "non-borrowed reserves" column I think, is that link saying that all the money has been officially converted to debt now? Maybe the FED isn't the one that is insolvent, but the reserves of independent financial institution... I don't know, I don't even really speak economics.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I think i've seen it before. Goes something like Rothchild/Rockefeller blah blah, creates money blah blah, inflates and deflates blah blah, hates the stabillity of gold blah blah,all banks are evil incarnate blah blah. I don't particularly buy that complete thesis. I'm sure that elements of it are true, but humor me for a second and pretend that the Fed is something close to what it claims to be. Imagine if you will a system that has once again let greed get out of control while simultaneously intervening to stop and retard a NATURAL boom bust business cycle. Then imagine that for the first time in history we have widespread accessibility to this info via the internet. Wallstreet and everyone else screaming BUY! BUY! BUY! are looking for a bagholder in the current environment. If they can't find one the US taxpayer is the bagholder of last resort. Somehow, someway, while we were sleeping a Free Market has been replaced with a market that privatizes gains and socializes loss.

Mrwupy i think that is something close to what the numbers say. How long before the bank seizures start?

[edit on 31-1-2008 by jefwane]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
Somehow, someway, while we were sleeping a Free Market has been replaced with a market that privatizes gains and socializes loss.

We're not disagreeing with you, I'm fairly certain that is exactly what MrWupy was alluding to. Wupy's been around the block and ATS has a wealth of information on the Federal Reserve from that exact viewpoint, I've hit at it a few times myself. Google it and you'll probably find something explinatory here I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The "Federal Reserve" is not Federal and it has never had any "reserves". It was therefore insolvent upon its creation and is still so today. It is a private criminal enterprise similar to a Ponzi scheme. In order for it to work Americans have to continuously keep buying in at the bottom, in the form of taxes and debt to be funneled to the top, hence the pyramid on their "currency".

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Central Bank can't be insolvent [as I know].

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Bernanke Testifies on Liquidity
www.cspan.org...

I believe other Threads have stated that in this Video it's stated The Fed's insolvent...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
H3 is not like "M3"....it is a designation of the table of data being presented...H.3 and before that there should be an H.2, H.1, G?. etc.
But in this table is all of the relevant data, ie, non-borrowed reserves.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsHumanNature
The "Federal Reserve" is not Federal and it has never had any "reserves". It was therefore insolvent upon its creation and is still so today. It is a private criminal enterprise similar to a Ponzi scheme. In order for it to work Americans have to continuously keep buying in at the bottom, in the form of taxes and debt to be funneled to the top, hence the pyramid on their "currency".

Spot on, a pyramid of debt, that is quite accurate.

The more money they put into the system, the more debt they
put into the system.

Zeitgeist addendum did not use that paraphrasing but it said
much the same.

The vid money as debt explains it in a similar light as well.

Star for you !

new topics

top topics

join