It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For sale: West’s deadly nuclear secrets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The source of this story, whistleblower Sibel Edmonds, should be wellknown to ATS'ers. A search reveals numerous threads on her going back to at least 2004, and as Sauron put it in 2005 "I am really surprised Bush has not had her killed yet."
Even this very story had its entry by QuasiShaman in Breaking News 24 hrs after it broke -- with a mere 3 replies as a result.

As it sure is BREAKING NEWS big time, we cannot let it go unnoticed, so I repost it here in Current Events.
From London Times on Jan. 6, 2008

A WHISTLEBLOWER has made a series of extraordinary claims about how corrupt government officials allowed Pakistan and other states to steal nuclear weapons secrets.

Sibel Edmonds, a 37-year-old former Turkish language translator for the FBI, listened into hundreds of sensitive intercepted conversations while based at the agency’s Washington field office.

She approached The Sunday Times last month after reading about an Al-Qaeda terrorist who had revealed his role in training some of the 9/11 hijackers while he was in Turkey.

Edmonds described how foreign intelligence agents had enlisted the support of US officials to acquire a network of moles in sensitive military and nuclear institutions.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

On the 20th of January The Sunday Times had this follow-up: FBI denies file exposing nuclear secrets theft

She says the FBI was investigating a Turkish and Israeli-run network that paid high-ranking American officials to steal nuclear weapons secrets. These were then sold on the international black market to countries such as Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.

One of the documents relating to the case was marked 203A-WF-210023. Last week, however, the FBI responded to a freedom of information request for a file of exactly the same number by claiming that it did not exist. But The Sunday Times has obtained a document signed by an FBI official showing the existence of the file.

Edmonds believes the crucial file is being deliberately covered up by the FBI because its contents are explosive. She accuses the agency of an “outright lie”.

“I can tell you that that file and the operations it refers to did exist from 1996 to February 2002. The file refers to the counterintelligence programme that the Department of Justice has declared to be a state secret to protect sensitive diplomatic relations,” she said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is a story with wide and huge dimensions, possibly disastrous consequences.

US officials, high ranking members of the administration, including "that one well-known senior official in the US State Department was being paid by Turkish agents in Washington who were selling the information on to black market buyers, including Pakistan."

The name is known to The Sunday Times, and I have my guess, but won't put it forward here without any proof.

The full extent of this story makes it equal to Iran-Contra-gate or any other -gate story. The implications of it simply mind blowing.

Most mind blowing is that not one word of this MSN story has been reported in ANY US-media. On that fact I have created a Breaking News OP, because this story has, beside the story itself, the cover-up by US MSN.

Where is NY Times or Washington Post, who broke the original Watergate and cut down a US president.

This is Nuclear-Paki-gate.

edited to add link to breaking news on the cover-up of the story
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 22/1/2008 by khunmoon]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Incredible nobody respond to this....??
??

It's dynamite, DYNAMITE, folks
Read the breaking news.

Does anyone know anything about this Sibel Edmonds?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I posted this a couple of weeks ago in this thread the disinterest astonished me - I thought it was exactly the kind of thing that ATSers lapped up and followed up.

Myself and another member got people to flag it and kept it going in the hope of getting some real attention for it - but it seems people don't want to know.

Something I am still puzzled by - and vaguely disappointed as well.

BTW, mine was the original breaking news story

If you feel it's worth it, flag it, star it, bump it - I'll reciprocate.
This story needs to be out there.

[edit on 23/1/2008 by budski]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Thanks for siding budski. Yes, I'm amazed too that this story doesn't kindle more than it does.

We need to give back the TEETH of ATS, allow me to add you to my friends.

We need to get away from all this speculating in pixels, whether it be homevids of reps or ufos or Martian rocks. We need to get down to business, exposing the corrupt leadership of US ...and you don't do that with videos.

Did I say too much

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I pretty much agree - vids are nice to get a superficial level of info from, but they can never take the place of the written word and real research thoughtfully presented by one of our own.

This subject is a case in point - lots of reads, very little comment or opinion.

But I sense that there is sometimes an ostrich approach to some subjects.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Yes, but all the pixel speculation is what brings visitors to ATS, like that Martian Big foot now marching all over MSN.

Today for the first time 1 million "unique visotors have been on, and my thread www.abovetopsecret.com... in breaking news had 1000+, yes, but only a few comment from the regulars.

I think you are right about the ostrich observation.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It seems our leadership is hell bent on getting a nuclear weapon in to the hands of a terrorist group, most likely Al Qaeda.

Pakistan began their nuclear weapons program in 1972 in response to India's nuclear weapons program. Interestingly enough the program began under Prime Minister Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto. Yes - Bhutto - Benazir Bhutto's father.

Any potential large scale web of connections between Pakistani nuclear weapons, Al Qaeda, and the assassination of Benazir Bhutto is for another discussion, though.

So considering the nuclear weapons program has been around since the 1970's, it's interesting that these secrets were being sold in the 90's.

The Soviets invaded Afghanistan in 1979. The CIA formed what would eventually become Al Qaeda during this time, which is after the Pakistani nuclear program was underway.

So the CIA starts Al Qaeda, whom has many operatives from Saudi Arabia, and trains in Afghanistan, which borders with Pakistan, and also has operatives in Pakistan, and those two countries, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, are the countries we're selling nuclear secrets to?

According to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, Article I states: Each nuclear-weapons state (NWS) undertakes not to transfer, to any recipient, nuclear weapons, or other nuclear explosive devices, and not to assist any non-nuclear weapon state to manufacture or acquire such weapons or devices.

Since Saudi Arabia is not an official nuclear weapons state, and Pakistan hasn't signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, this is a clear violation of the article to not "assist any non-nuclear weapon state to manufacture or acquire such weapons or devices."

So it appears that, not only is our government engaging in terrorist activities, they're engaging in arming non-nuclear weapons states, whom harbor terrorists that allegedly attacked us on 9/11, as well as violating the nuclear non-proliferation treaty.

And I'm sure our government knew of the threat of Al Qaeda in the 90's considering they bombed the World Trade Center in 1993 - yet they continued to sell these secrets to these two countries.

Makes you wonder what their real goal is.

On another note: I agree that ATS is losing it's credibility and it's steam. We need to focus on the real issues more. It seems the reptilian and crazy theory threads are becoming the popular trend, rather than the real issues that concern us all.

Sources:

Pakistan and Nuclear Weapons
Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty

[edit on 1/24/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

So it appears that, not only is our government engaging in terrorist activities, they're engaging in arming non-nuclear weapons states, whom harbor terrorists that allegedly attacked us on 9/11, as well as violating the nuclear non-proliferation treaty.

Naaaaaaaaa ya think!!! Uncle Sugar has been doing this for ages, nothing new here. The only point is that the American public is unaware of it. Though when told, really don't want to know. Kinda like removing your security blanket if you learn the truth.

This goes along with the "war on drugs", simply no such thing as the gov is the largest importer of illegal drugs. Been there, saw that and couldn't do anything about it but keep quiet.

The whole objective is to arm the ones crazy enough to use a nuclear device on the US as a "terrorist" strike. You have to go all the way back to the sinking of the Main, Pearl Harbor and 9/11 and others in between to see the modus operandi.

The whole goal is to have one used on the US, so as to have an excuse to do what you want to whomever you want with public support. They have been successful at it so far. Iraq is nothing more than a side note to the real agenda of having another "Pearl Harbor" event via their own making.

Keep the people side tracked, do your dirty deed and cast the blame elsewhere.

Yes ATS needs to get back to digging into the real issues before it gets turned into another "National Enquirer" "Sun" place name of tabloid "here".

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
Though when told, really don't want to know. Kinda like removing your security blanket if you learn the truth.

Exactly. They act all pissed off about things like gas prices and they demand this or that be investigated, but they don't want to know the truth. They act like they do, but most people couldn't handle the REAL truth.

I guess it'll take the truth coming out in an ugly way, i.e. their agenda becoming very clear and affecting the daily lives of most Americans before they really care enough, but by then, it'll be too late.

Talk about a brilliant, 90+ year coup d'état. That's basically what has been done to this country for quite some time, and many haven't even noticed.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
My first time on and first post.

Just wanted to say. Don't stop spreading what you believe in.

There are people who are reading and listening even though the majority are over ridden by fear.

I've just turned 31 and have been waiting to find a place like this all of my life

[edit on 25-1-2008 by Explosive]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Welcome to, Explosive.

With the username you have chosen, you'll soon find there's real DYNAMITE on here.

Enjoy

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Sibel Edmonds talks to US media

Sibel Edmonds: 'Buckle Up, There's Much More Coming'

Ryland: Why has the US failed on this story so dramatically for 6 years?

Edmonds: It's a combination of things, obviously. You need to consider that the entire US press corps has failed on this story; not only the regular print and TV media, but the alternative media has failed on this too.

Part of the reason is that journalists are simply too close to their official sources. Those sources might tell the journalist that there's nothing to the story, and so the journalist gives up on it, or the official sources might 'request' that the journalist to stay away from the story, and the journalist is then concerned about losing access to the source in the future.

Another reason is the partisanship. With the foreign press, there is no partisanship, and that's one reason why they have been more effective at covering this case, and I'm not just talking about the recent Times articles here. With the US media, it appears as though if there is no clear partisan angle, then there's no story. As you know, this case is spread over two administrations, and that appears to make it difficult for the reporters to cover the story. Even within one news organization you might have one journalist who wants to use the story to indict Clinton, and another who wants to use the story to bash Bush, and in the end neither of them write about the story because it doesn't fit their partisanship, their 'narrative', so they just drop it altogether.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Good to see the update posted

Come on folks - flag this, it needs to be noticed more

top topics

join