It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone heard of the "life after the oil crash" site?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
this site talks about the coming crash of the economy due to running out of oil. this guy throws out some numbers that are questionable and seem to be exaggerated estimates, but he also has some valid comparisons to actual drops in population because of an important product to the economy.

link

i do not know if this is accurate, so if not, please debunk.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This topic I mean, but take your reference with a grain of salt.
Its a "chicken Little" site.
A more down to earth read on the topic is here:

www.after-oil.co.uk...

Also, recent studies of so called depleated oil fields show
an interesting and provoking bit of evidence that they
may be capable of recharging a bit. I cant find a good
reference for this, except to say it seems to be a "work
in progress".

/\/ight\/\/ing

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This is exactly the kind of thing we heard back in the '70s. Whenever our so-called leaders need to drum up public support for an unpopular war they invoke this oil shortage panic story. If they're so worried about an energy shortage you'd expect to see massive government projects to find new energy sources. You're not seeing these projects because it's only a disgusting, grotesque scam perpetrated on gullible citizens who willingly offer up the lives of their children in these senseless fake wars.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condorcet
This is exactly the kind of thing we heard back in the '70s. ......... .......... because it's only a disgusting, grotesque scam perpetrated on gullible citizens who willingly offer up the lives of their children in these senseless fake wars.

~*~....[aum]

i'm with you on that concept.

yes, in fact, another forum (Etemenanki??) writer named Goro, uses that site & incorporates the meme 'Peak Oil'
into his personal contentions ...
---> however...all is illusion [maya] according to some.

Known FACT: critical minds & scientists, et al
>>do not Know how or why Petroleum is created!!
They can ONLY Hypothesize, or express 'most likely' processes!!

back in the '70s, there was a little acclaimed theory, that
gas/oil/petroleum was constantly being 'made' within the earth, bacteria & heat/pressure radon gas were
among the catalysts in transforming earth elements and
creating hydrocarbons **also found in comet spectra, are signatures of precursers to complex hydrocarbons**

google up, friends

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightwing

Also, recent studies of so called depleated oil fields show
an interesting and provoking bit of evidence that they
may be capable of recharging a bit.

/\/ight\/\/ing

I don't know about recharging, but I know as the newer and more efficient extraction techniques develop we are able to economically extract more oil from a given field then we could in the past. Thus we can go back to old fields and extract oil that we couldn't in the past. Nevertheless we will run out someday.

BTW - maybe this is what you meant by recharging. They recharge the fields with water & that enables them to get the oil.

I'm not really worried about the oil running out, because when it gets close the prices will skyrocket to the point that it becomes more economical to develop other forms of energy. Right now there's just too much money to be made off the oil and those making the money want to put off capitol expenditures for as long as possible.

[Edited on 21-2-2004 by outsider]

top topics

join