It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Top 25 Censored News Stories of 2007"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

"Top 25 Censored News Stories of 2007"

www.projectcensored.org

#1 Future of Internet Debate Ignored by Media
#2 Halliburton Charged with Selling Nuclear Technologies to Iran
#3 Oceans of the World in Extreme Danger
#4 Hunger and Homelessness Increasing in the US
#5 High-Tech Genocide in Congo
#6 Federal Whistleblower Protection in Jeopardy
#7 U.S. Operatives Torture Detainees to Death in Afghanistan and Iraq
#8 Pentagon Exempt from Freedom of Information Act
#9 The World Bank Funds Israel-Palestine Wall
#10 Expanded Air War in Iraq Kills More Civilivans
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
...rounding out this interesting list are some more tales of U.S. imperialism, some health/environmental concerns & a 9/11 piece.

www.projectcensored.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Nice find.
Thanks for posting.
It might be good to read some of the censored stories. If there is still enough information on them out there.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
#1 TOP CENSORED STORY -

CHICAGO/OHARE UFO SIGHTING

Sorry. Just had to shout that one. It irks me when I think about it.
THE smoking gun.
THE sighting of our lifetime.
THE undeniable proof.
... and yet it was pushed off the radar (pun intended) to make room for idiocy like Paris Hilton, etc etc.

[edit on 12/24/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I would think the most (often) censored story is the Ron Paul run for the White House. Considering his achievements in raising funds, his internet support base, and the fact that if elected, there would likely be a major shift in American policy, I am surprised at the lack of coverage.

I was also surprised at the #4 story about the rise of homelessness in the US. This while we worry over the rest of the world. I read "somewhere" that charity begins at home.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
F$#K the corporate media!!!! ( all different links)

youtube.com...
youtube.com...
youtube.com...
youtube.com...
youtube.com...

[edit on 24-12-2007 by abovetech]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
There are some criticisms of Project Censored that are worth noting...

...Although the group never explicitly takes a political stance, a majority of the stories Project Censored highlights have a leftist political slant, criticizing big business, economic inequality, damage to the environment, and the Pentagon, and misdeeds of conservative politicians, among other progressive issues; at least 20 of the "Top 25 Censored Stories of 2007" could be classified in one of these categories.[4] Project Censored has had several well-known progressive journalists and academics on its panel of national judges, including Robert Jensen, Martin A. Lee, Michael Parenti, and Norman Solomon without any corresponding number of conservatives.

The founder of the progressive news analysis and commentary website AlterNet criticized Project Censored as "stuck in the past" with a "dubious selection process" that "reinforces self-marginalizing, defeatist behavior."[7] It is also been criticized for reporting on stories which are arguably not "under-reported" or "censored" at all,[8] as they have appeared in The New York Times and other high-profile publications. In addition, the group periodically is criticized for shoddy reporting or misrepresentation of facts, the same fallacies the group itself claims to battle. For example, Project Censored has been criticized for consistently downplaying Serbian atrocities in Bosnia and Kosovo,[9] for exaggerating the dangers of the Cassini-Huygens space probe to Saturn,[10] and for giving support to 9/11 conspiracy theories.[11] Some of these claims come from other progressive publications, such as AlterNet, Mother Jones and New Politics in the examples above, that are concerned that the Project's alleged mis-reporting will give the progressive movement and its alternative media less credibility...[12]

SOURCE

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Seven months ago there was this thread:

Top 25 Censored Stories of 2007

Maybe now it will get more attention.

But most probably not.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

top topics

join