It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footage of F-16 crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
very cool vid and a very lucky pilot, one more second then ... www.webmutants.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
link aint workin

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
try this one below, air show at Mountain Home, Idaho, On September 14th, 2003

www.strategypage.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Tekno,

very cool pic.
I wonder how many G's are pulled via the ejector seat?

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I have the 500 KB version (3000 x 2000 pixels) of that pic, I got it more than two weeks ago

Check it out: --> www.af.mil...

[Edited on 8-2-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
"The ejection system - the best the Air Force has, one used in other jets as well - is routinely described by ejectees as the most violent thing they have ever experienced. Aviators are shot from the cockpit by rockets, with a G force that punishes them with 14 times their body weight.

This taken from a story on a B-1 that went down over the Indian Ocean in 2001. You can read the full story here. Not sure how the ejection of a B-1 compares to an F-16, I would think G's pulled would be similar. Regardless, it would be one helluva rough ride!

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Another Video of this Thunderbird at Mountain Home AFB, 2003

www.flight-level.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oswald
This taken from a story on a B-1 that went down over the Indian Ocean in 2001. You can read the full story here.

An excerpt from this article:

The four men in the Dec. 12 crew, part of a squadron of 60 aviators at Diego, were flying their first mission together. "Rooster," the copilot, 31, was out of Mountain Home Air Force Base in Idaho, as was Allen "Lost" Griffis, 30, the defensive-systems officer, charged with watching for enemy radar "painting" the B-1, and with controlling electronic countermeasures. The two were acquainted.

Now THAT is ironic.

[Edited on 2-9-2004 by insite]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hard to think of a pilot having to eject, pulling 20g's then getting hit with the 300+mph airstream, as "lucky" but I suppose it's better than getting hit by the tail of the plane, or worse, the ground!

I was very please to read that he was uninjured. Great video and photos.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I wonder how many G's are pulled via the ejector seat? ===== THENEO

Depends on the weight of the pilot. 18 -20 g's
is the injury harzard zone for permanent spinal
compression. Placing weight in the seat-pan is
one way to compensate for lite pilots. This baby
has boosted some heavy guys well over the tail.

www.ejectionsite.com...

/\/ight\/\/ing

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
i remember in a thread not too long ago on this someone mentioned that he must not have been flying fast since the leading edge flaps were down. after seeing that video it's clear way. the plane had somehow stalled and he dropped them in order to help get more lift. when the plane was level and still falling downwards no air (or just not enough) was flowing along the top surface of the wings so no lift. i had thought previosly that they were slowflighting or something and that he lost control.

new topics

top topics

join