It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 shot outside church, police say

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

4 shot outside church, police say

www.cnn.com

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado (AP) -- A gunman opened fire in the parking lot of a Colorado Springs church on Sunday, striking four people, the church's pastor said.

The conditions of the people shot outside the New Life Church were not known, El Paso County Sheriff's Lt. Lari Sevene said.

Lance Coles, a pastor at New Life Church, told The Associated Press he received a report that a man was shooting at people in the church parking lot and that the gunman may have entered the church.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I saw an article already here on about a shooting, but unless I've been confused by CNN, this shooting is COMPLETELY different from the other one, yet contains similar scenarios. So strange.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Wow

2 diff incidents w/in an hour distance from each other.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
You don't think it's some elaborate conspiracy, do you? I mean, it could be a coincidence, but still.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Well, *I* dont think it is.

I think there are screwed up people out there who do horrible things.

I would bet that its the same shooter though. Its not a long drive between the 2 places.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The same shooter? What would the motive me? Get mad at one place, so go to a completely unrelated place and shoot again? It doesn't make sense.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Maybe the dude had enough of relgion/religous people...or had a bad experience. Or knew someone there who pissed him off....or was rejected by the religious people there.

The 2nd shooting took place at the infamous Ted Haggerd's church.

Who knows why screwed up people do screwed up things. Thats what the experts are for
LOL

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well, I can't wait to see this straighten itself out. I wonder how the media is going to twist this into something terrorist related.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
it's getting to where you can't go anywhere unless you're packing yourself...
happened at a church missionary training center....

where were ya on that one jesus?
dropped the ball me thinks

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
where were ya on that one jesus?
dropped the ball me thinks

abit tastless don't you think

The Church was setup by an ex-priest who had a gay affair. Me thinking this could be the work of Christian extremists.

Fox is talking about a home made pipebomb as well.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

i don't think so at all.
i think it is ironic that they're there doing 'gods work' only to get gunned down...
if you take it as tasteless, thats on you.

edit*
christian extremists......even better/worse

you'd think the man with the sandals would stop stuff like this....

eh, don't want to turn this into a religious debate but i do find it a bit ironic.

as i said though, it is getting to the point that you're not gonna be safe unless you're packing.....i just might have to start.

[edit on 9-12-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Strange world we are living in these days with what seems to be more and more shootings almost every week.

Youth with a Missions Offical Press Release

Looking at the websites of Youth With a Mission which is run by Faith Bible Church and the website for New Life Church, I saw no connection to inspire someone to harm people at both locations.

Is it time to head for the hills and hide out for the rest of our days? There must be an insanity virus going around or something.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost

Is it time to head for the hills and hide out for the rest of our days? There must be an insanity virus going around or something.

^^^^i have been wondering that myself...
i have been going back and forth in my head about carrying one of my pistols but, i don't want to go through all the stuff to get the permit, but i don't want to break a serious law like carrying a firearm either...
i like to stay off the grid as much as possible and i definately don't want to be in the ncic or whatever it is to get the permit.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

I have 2 aunts who work with YWAM and have for a 20yrs or so. However, they work in locations outside the country.

Sad day.

I will say this in regards to God allowing this.... I believe God lets people make their own choices - good and bad. And when people make bad choices, it unfortunately affects others around them.

If he didnt allow that, then we would be puppets with no thought of our own. JMO

[edit on 9-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I will say this in regards to God allowing this.... I believe God lets people make their own choices - good and bad. And when people make bad choices, it unfortunately affects others around them.

If he didnt allow that, then we would be puppets with no thought of our own. JMO

Exactly. The whole "Jesus didn't stop it lulz!" was completely unnecessary.

So, have the police and news stations confirmed yet that the shootings were conducted by two different people?

[edit on 12/9/2007 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Suspected attacker killed in at second shooting

I just came across this new which is three hours old at this time. No connection known between the two shootings at this time.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

It remained unclear if the shootings were related but police in Arvada said they were working with their counterparts in Colorado Springs to determine if there was a link between the two assaults, said Arvada's police chief, Don Wick.

It still seems to be it could be the same person, as they never caught the 1st shooter.

Thanks for the followup!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The gunman was killed by a member of the church's armed security staff, the source said. Did i miss something....Since when do churches have to hire armed security guards? This is really strange to me armed gunmen in the church! If your church needs to have an armed security staff I think it may be better to worship at home.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78

Originally posted by infinite

i don't think so at all.
i think it is ironic that they're there doing 'gods work' only to get gunned down...
if you take it as tasteless, thats on you.

edit*
christian extremists......even better/worse

you'd think the man with the sandals would stop stuff like this....

eh, don't want to turn this into a religious debate but i do find it a bit ironic.

as i said though, it is getting to the point that you're not gonna be safe unless you're packing.....i just might have to start.

I'd recommend it man.. things aren't going to get better until they get a whole heck of a lot worse.
[edit on 9-12-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I just heard on CNN that two different guns were used at the two incidents, so they believe that there were two different gunmen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join