It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory: Human Time travellers vs. Little Grey Men

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Anyone care to discuss this?

More and more i am leaning toward the more plausible explanation, if indeed there is one outside of military run projects(UFO's...another thread for another time), of Human (our decendants) time-travellers visiting us on a regular basis.

I say this because all points of fact/theory point in this direction. One of which, most important, is the fact that there is very little interaction with the peoples here in our present time/dimension, this is a common thread through-out literature/movies and the like on "not messing with the time-space continuum and all that subsequent 'butterfly effect' jazz.

I've read quite a few eyewitness accounts of people witnessing the "flying Triangles", both day and nighttime, and some have reported actually seeing a flat gray USAF insignia over matte black on the fuselages.

With our leaps in scientific applied technology i fully support the theory that these 'UFOs' are actually us from the near future. I see no reason as to why we won't be able to fold space even 50 years from now, as it was proposed almost 70 years ago today!! in theory!

so what do you all think? Either you feel its more plausible for us to be visited by an 'alien' species, or, humans from the near-distant future?

anxious to hear comments.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by blueyedevil666

Before I give any of my thoughts on your theory, I do have a question:

If, as you mention, the "Butterfly Effect" is accurate, then why would they/we come back in time to visit us at all?? Since there can be no interaction, what good does it do?

I think you have a novel idea here, but it must be looked at from all angles.
Also, please feel free to U2U me if you'd like to discuss your other ideas regarding military technology and projects in referrence to UFO's. Got some info for you on that thought!!

Peace, Mondo

[edit on 7-12-2007 by Mondogiwa]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Hey there blueyedevil666,

I've asked myself the very same question on numerous occasions. The reason the thought crossed my mind is because, I'm currently writing a book about ancient civilizations (comparrisons between those from different parts of the world etc. etc. etc.) Not far into my research I noticed how they all have the same creation story/myths/legends and so on.

The bit's that drew my attention specifically were there stories of Gods coming from the skies (some specifically say the west of the sky ... I'm no astronomer so I don't know where that might indicate exactly ... I suppose it depends on the point of origin)

Anyways, I don't know with any certainty (who does), whether it's human time travellers or little grey men ... but I'm pretty certain that the 'UFO's seen during ancient times and the ones witnessed today ... could well be one and the same via time-travel.

But I take your point about some of them being deliberatley non-interactive. I would assume the same as you on that spec ... but it's also possble (I'm personally pretty certain), that we could be visited by both types.

Thought-provoking ... I like it so you get a flag from Woody.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
woohoo thanx Woody, ya it just makes more sense to me...to answer the poster above yours: Im not clear on 'why' they would travel back and not be involved, i can only speculate the reasons, though when thinking about possibilities i come up with many, too many to list here. It makes sense to me simply because if you look at the mystery from any angle, someone is making visits (if not military in nature of course, just to be clear) and not involving themselves on any public level, not sure if this denotes a nefarious inclination on their part, but just the smae, its all carried out clandestinely.

So, with that, i feel(with my primitive brain) strongly by way of time-travel.....an alien race would hardly have reason to NOT be seen or acknowledged. i would assume as they are motivated by such different cultural/socio/cosmic issues than man would be. The display of technological dominance is no secret should they be alien, so why not expose yourselves?

I dunno, again i'm postulating an idea that makes a bit more sense to me than alien races, and God knows i could be wrong.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
My personal theory on this is that time travel is impossible but traveling through dimensions to different earths in earlier or later stages is possible. Since that new multiverse theory gives us infinite realities, I'm sure that somehow a device could be developed to find the closet match to a particular time line.

Maybe a evil, totalitarian United Empire States from a future timeline is sending back these advanced UFO with an eye towards scouting and taking over our timeline to have a huge cross-planar empire.

Or maybe that's what our governments are doing right now to other realities, trying to find one that doesn't seem to end in total global catastrophe.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Questioning things is always the best way to approach anything truly unknown (Q=A ... sometimes we just have to keep asking). To blindly accept any theory/wild speculation, that passes in front of us makes a nonsense of our human intellect (ok, ok, there are those who seem to have had an intellect bypass I know)

Questions are our friend ... even if the answer is not always what we want to hear (that applies to everyone no matter which side of the fence we sit)

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I've read quite a few eyewitness accounts of people witnessing the "flying Triangles", both day and nighttime, and some have reported actually seeing a flat gray USAF insignia over matte black on the fuselages.

Well that would be a pretty big clue if it were true. What is your source? The reason I ask is because I have long wondered about the Black Triangles. I remember Dan Aykroyd mentioned in "Unplugged" that Black Triangles UFOs are probably of US design and were probably made in case a hostile confrontation with aliens ever became a reality.

However, I'm currently reading a book by Nick Redfern in which he states that there was a very good documented case (in the UK) where a man witnessed a Black Triangle UFO. Redfern found this evidence to be important because most people think the mysterious triangles first made their appearance in the late 80s - early 90s.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Hey Scram.....not only have i read these accounts (which ill go into) but my own mom, in 1982, saw one with her then husband(ex-navy guy). Apparently, while driving through the town of Dover NH, they saw a GIANT (she said roughly 1000 AGL with an expanse of 600 yards on all sides) jet black triangle moving toward/above them....now this is also an indicator(man-made) because as the craft was descending its altitude, it was heading right into Pease AFB in Newington NH (which has since been converted into a commercial airport)....she said literally right into the base (passing behind the trees that separated the road from the base itself)...she also drew me a diagram on paper of the shape and light patterns that were on the object. Both her and her ex-husband related the story to me as government craft, they made this conclusion by the subsequent fact that it was casually flying into USAF/Tactical Nuclear War-Head space (warheads as well as planes fitted for such combat were stored here) and landed....anyway, the other accounts of which ive read include one that stands out to me (i found all these accounts @ www.nuforc.org... _ best site for witness accounts) is one sent in by a guy from the Great Lakes Michigan area...his story was that while duck hunting with his dog on a small boat in a quiet lake/afternoon/sunny no cloud cover.....his dog began freaking out and barking....when he looked up, not 300 feet above him was a GIANT black triangle drifting to an almost stop just overhead. Not knowing what it was, he claimed he took a few shots at it with his small calibre hunting rifle to see what would happen. He related that the rounds bouncing off the fuselage made a 'Tinny" sound, so he assumed metallic in nature, though none of the rounds punctured the vessel. Well, it gets even better, after discharging however many rounds skyward, a door (he described like a submarine door) opened from the very bottom of the triangle where-by a uniformed human male shouted down to him from the open hatch, "to stop firing at the ship!"....soon he claims 2 helicopters approached his position and remained until the craft drifted out of sight very slowly. He also claims that the man that yelled at him form above took the time to take 2-3 pictures of him and his boat before closing the hatch.

Oh plus he said that the USAF insignia was emblazoned just to the left or right of a small reddish door.

good reports on nuforc that are woorth a look.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If one accepts the multiverse theory, which I do, then it is reasonable to also think that some of these other realities are only very slightly different from our own. If the splitting were caused by every act, such as Joe Blow deciding left or right at a stop sign, then the degree of change between realities would be so slight in some cases that it would be meaningless.

I personally hold more with the idea that reality/time is more like a river. Small "splits" never make more than a ripple, and the timeline "heals" itself in the same way that a stone tossed into a river wouldn't change it's direction. But large events, say the uncovering of the 9/11 plot, would be like a landslide that was enough to divert the course of the river into a new channel.

By my guess, there would be timelines where JFK lived to 83, and others where Hitler died of crib death. While these timelines might have much in common with our own, there would also be significant differences as well. A reality that was minus the Second World War would still have people in North America that spoke English and some would wear Air Force uniforms. But without the war, they could have invented dimensional travel.

Events further removed from present, yet large enough to cause a real split, would have longer for the timeline to change from our own, and so might have significantly different results. A timeline that split where the colonization efforts of the Vikings was successful would likely have a much different look and feel by this time. Even more so would be the difference where it occurred during the Crusades.

If you went far enough back in our own timeline, then their could be a split which caused humans not to arise at all, and some other species filled the spot instead. Perhaps some type of marsupial that evolved into what we call "gray aliens".

These lines of reasoning lead to many possibilities, which is one of the things that interest me so much in quantum mechanics.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
First off, the idea that UFO's are future humans traveling back in the time does NOT make more sense than the simple and straight forward theory/fact that they are simple beings from elsewhere visiting earth. Here are some things to consider.

1) In the Betty and Barny Hill case, Betty drew the star map she saw in the UFO she was abducted by which showed the planets/star systems the UFO traveled between. So they are from space, not earth.

2) The idea you can go backwards in time has no basis in fact, and only causes so many impossible problems to indicate it's not possible. For instance if you traveled back in time, you'd be able to meat yourself when you were younger which would mean there would be two of you simultaneously. Hell, you could even abduct your younger self and go back further in time and encounter yourself as a bady. Now there are three of you. IMPOSSIBLE.

3) Another problem is that if the earth were already in the future, we today wouldn't exist because it's the future. My consciousness exists in the present in the year 2007, so how did time on the earth manage to pass up the year 2007 and move into the future without anybody knowing about it? IMPOSSIBLE.

While the USAF insignia is interesting, I've never heard of anybody who's gotten such a good look to see anything like that, and it could just be a misidentification. I personally know somebody who saw a UFO at night hovering over a building at his college when he turned the corner. He said it was rectangular shaped, but also said it had a red light on one side, and a green on the other. Human made aircraft have red and green port and starboard lights too. So either it's a coincidence, or they are trying to disguise themselves somewhat.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
well said...i will, in the meantime, stick to my thought that they are all in fact of human origin, that makes THE most sense as opposed to aliens.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This is a subject that has long held an interest for me, and is something that plays on my mind.

The concept of time travel, explained as it has been by physicists, is fascinating. The theory that it is impossible to travel any further back than the era of the invention of the actaul traveling machinery is, however, kinda frustrating. That negates all the great photo opportunities from the ancient past!
Also, and more importantly, if the current theory that you cannot travel back to your own timeline is correct, then it also negates the "grandfather paradox", and therefore any need for travellers to act in a respectful, or even careful manner. I could happily kill my own grandfather, if I wished. (Not that I would, I hasten to add. He sounded like a fearsome Cumbrian gentleman!)

I fully believe that UFOs, and their occupants, exist, but am still open to where they come from. So, the very plausible scenario of UFOs/aliens being time, or even dimensional, travellers does make a kind of sense considering some accounts of abduction and UFO activity. They do seem to be acting with confidence and impunity, not to mention increasing bravado.

As to why they are here; who knows?

Maybe Scalamander's scenario is correct. If reports of black triangles bearing USAF insignia are right, UFOs are here as an expeditionary force for a future invasion. With that scenario in mind, the question begs to be asked; what they are waiting for?

Maybe they are here to harvest healthy DNA because of a terrible disease ravaging an alternate earth, hence all of the probing. Would all of their edible livestock being affected in the same way also go to explain animal mutilation accounts, and the removal of cow's and horses reproductive organs.

Maybe this earth has remained in a state of natural beauty, whilst our visitor's version is nothing but an industrial wasteland. Perhaps the fleets of spheres, orbs, discs etc we are seeing are doing nothing more sinister than gathering film footage for an alternate Discovery Channel of a world that once was.

Perhaps all the stories of reptilians and the accompanying miasa of tales about them are all wrong and we are actually being visited not by other versions of us, but by highly evolved descendants of dinosaurs that survived the cataclysm that supposedly killed 'em all off on this earth.

Ok. Enough of the supposition. Great thread (it got my mind working when I really needed to focus on something outside a very sad event in my and my wife's life.)
Flagged.

Edit: forgot the

[edit on 7-12-2007 by Beamish]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Sorry in my original post I wrote: "book by Nick Redfern in which he states that there was a very good documented case (in the UK) where a man witnessed a Black Triangle UFO."

I never included a date... it was 1965. Here's a tidbit from it...

"According to the Ministry of Defense (MoD) paperwork, on the night in question at approximately 9:30 p.m. over moorland near Richmond, North Yorkshire, a man saw "Nine or ten objects--in close triangular formation each about 100 ft long-orange illumination below--each triangular in shape with rounded corners"and "low humming noise are, as I said above, precisely what many witnesses to Flying Triangle-style UFO encounters are reporting today--in a worldwide capacity , no less."

Redfern noted the importance because it shows that Flying Triangle UFOs were seen 40 years ago.. it's not just a recent thing.

My point I'm trying to make is that I don't believe humans have invented any object that massive capable of such manuevers. What would the propulsion system be? The tidbit I included (above) came from a man who came down with "awful red marks on his skin which were deep salmon red and kept coming and going." Sounds like he was perhaps exposed to radiation. Let's suppose the USAF does have such a vehicle and it is powered by a nuclear reactor of some sort. The reason I say nuclear is because it's the only power source we know of that could (perhaps) produce enough energy to power such a massive craft. So I guess my problem with:

after discharging however many rounds skyward, a door (he described like a submarine door) opened from the very bottom of the triangle where-by a uniformed human male shouted down to him from the open hatch, "to stop firing at the ship!"

If this vehicle is manned by USAF personnel, then how do they shield themselves from exposure to radiation?

My take:

I think your mother's sighting seems (to me) a lot more credible than the Great Lakes hunter. First, it has more than one witness. Second, once you state "he felt it was metalic in nature and a human popped out of a hatch," I would immediately begin to wonder about my forementioned question regarding radiation shielding. Also something to consider... if the Great Lakes Triangle was a "future USAF vehicle" then that would mean our present day people are collaborating with future people which would be the only explanation for the appearance of (present day) helicopters. I would suspect one of two things are going on with the Great Lakes hunter:

1) There was no hunter and it was disinformation posted on the NUFORC website.

2) The USAF is in possesion of a triangular stealth blimp (a good chunk of it is lighter than air) which uses some lightweight metal alloy on it's belly to avoid getting shot down by hunters.

Perhaps your mother saw #2? Could you please elaborate on the sighting? Did your mother see any sound or see any exhaust ports etc?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
As far as time traveling Grays goes, it's like this...They are indeed "us" from the distant future, but not really "human" either. They are at the end of an evolutional curve and can no longer reproduce. They are here to procure genetic material in hopes of prolonging the existence of the lifethread. They are not particularly mindful of our feelings or concerns because even though we are their ancestors, we are still animals. Do you think we would be so nice if we needed to experiment on homo habilis? (Hint: look at how we treat gorillas today, not to mention our own even.) They don't bother really talking to us or explaining themselves, because it's about the same as you explaining to a lab rat the details of the experiment.

I posted this in the thread Are we the greys?

Of course this is not necessarily fact. I think there is a bunch of stuff going on and no one answer, hence the confusion.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Hey Scram, no she had said there was no to little sound at all above the din of nigthtime traffic. Although, when describing the craft, she did draw me a pic of the arrangement of lights beneath said craft....she laid out a series of soft amber lights arranged in a 'boomerang' formation, edge leading forward. like, >

Centered beneath the object she said was a very bright glowing green/yellow (think mountain dew she said) round light which was lit constantly throughout the event...now keep in mind, Pease AFB was a storage facility for multiple nuclear warheads for many many years in southern NH, to think a craft THAT size could casually drift onto the tarmac and not be shot at or otherwise cause panic makes me believe it was a USAF craft...i mean it had to have been...she clearly stated that while watching it descend (alongside multiple witnesses) behind the tree line (base was intermittently visible through trees (runway lights, base lights, jets coming and going..a lot of FB-111's were flow out of here) there was no alarm of any kind...it just kinda "floated in" were her words. She also stated that the surrounding people witnessing the event remarked at how it must be a new airship built and tested by the good ole USAF, no one was shocked or otherwise panicked by the sighting...lots of 'ooohs' and 'ahhh;s'...anyway hope this helps..i saw one myself here in NJ 4 years ago with my brother.....200 ft AGL right over our heads, still and silent with flashing lights...only much much smaller in size maybe the size of a cargo van.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

thanx Beam...good post!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Who's to say it is either futuristic or extraterrestrial.

Could be people from now using the advanced technology to move around interdiminsionally blaming it on the other ideas being discussed.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It's a plausible scenario to me. It would tie in nicely with old predictions of a coming event. Perhaps time travelers are responsible for giving ancient civilizations knowledge about the future to help prepare for an event around the corner to make our future better.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If you look at my initial thread(first post) i had mentioned a gun exchange between a man (witness) and a Big Black Delta, or BBD. A few people commented on this report i relayed...well here similair post (minus the shooting)

check it out

www.nuforc.org...

[edit on 17-12-2007 by blueyedevil666]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

You are correct for taking time out of the equation, but there are others from different adjacent planetary systems too.

Interdimensional, transdimensional, and multidimensional.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join