God as in " I "

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
To ZeroDeep: I tried to find the post you made just before ATS shut down but couldn't find it. It was about "I am God" or something along those lines. I was going to add to what you said. You may want to repost it cause it was a good topic and had a specific direction that would make for a good debate...

MOJOM,
I'll post this thread again, it was deleted I believe.
God the Internal Eternal Consciousness.

" If I penetrate to the depths of my own existence and my own present reality, the indefinable am that is myself in its deepest roots, then through this deep center I pass into the infinite I am which is the very name of the Almighty ", Thomas Merton.

"I am" is also one of the hebrew names of God, Yahweh. Derived from the Hebrew YHWH, the unspeakable name of God, it is translated as " I AM THAT I AM"

" I am Brahman....I dwell within all beings as the soul, the pure consciousness, the ground of all phenomena......
In the days of my ignorance, I used to think of these as being seperate from myself. Now I know that I am all ",
Sanskara.......

I believe that the Human Consciousness holds the answer to some of lifes most dogmatic questions.
Does anyone else believe that " GOD ", is simple " I "

Deep

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I don't understand you very well. Could you explain it to me?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Are you saying that if we concentrate, the answers to all questions are in our own minds? Isn't "I am what I am" popeye's catch phrase?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The awnser lies within our own mind. God made us to his image, and we are all gods.

We are the master of our own destiny. There's no pre-made plan or BS like that. We are what we make of our selve.

The thoughest part is to erase the doubt, and with out that you can never totally free your mind.

Nice post ZeroDeep

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I do believe that "God" can be found within the self. So yes "God" is "I".

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I do believe that "God" can be found within the self. So yes "God" is "I".

I don't know about that. I believe God can be found in other people.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
dude!!! of course "God" is in "other" people. He is "within" each of us, every single living thing, everywhere. We only need to look within ourselves, forget religion, forget everything you were ever told to believe, let your consciousness find "God" that is within. Then you will realize, that it is the same "God" that is within everything else...and you will understand.

I spoke too freely, I will leave it at that.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Our Sub-Consciousness ais through our Dreams constantly giving us direction to find that being that is " I ", or " God ".
In my personal case, I have come to realize this. My mind is my temple worth worship.

Deep

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
But it goes like this:

God created man in HIS image. This is not just a physical representation, but rather the fact that we are copies of God... as Morbid stated, we are all gods.

This belief system even goes as far as saying that since God is everything, each of us has a micro-universe within ourselves, plus the powers of God (as it relates to this micro-verse). It is the journey and discovery of self that hightens our perceptions and powers.

It sounds kinda like Gnostism or Kabbala... but I don't think it was any of those... I'll have to look it up...

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
My mind is my temple worth worship.

Exactly what I think.

worldwatcher

I spoke too freely, I will leave it at that

Bah, I think you just provided a nice explanation.

Who cares if we're seen as heretics lol...

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid

Bah, I think you just provided a nice explanation.

Who cares if we're seen as heretics lol...

It's not that morbid, I just find it easier to achieve my spiritual goals when I don't express too much of my own beliefs to others. this is a recent discovery and I still slip up at times, but its a personal issue with myself that I am working on.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I just find it easier to achieve my spiritual goals when I don't express too much of my own beliefs to others. this is a recent discovery and I still slip up at times, but its a personal issue with myself that I am working on.

I have this same problem. I find it fustrating to express myself and my spirituality in words. I love my own mind, its my escape, the only real " entity " thats devoid of all of lifes whims, why should I let anyone else in?

Deep

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I have this same problem. I find it fustrating to express myself and my spirituality in words. I love my own mind, its my escape, the only real " entity " thats devoid of all of lifes whims, why should I let anyone else in?

Deep

I have no problems verbalizing or writing about my beliefs, #t I could go on and on and on (i talk alot, if you haven't noticed yet from my excessive posting) but that isn't the point.

The point is you should not express your own beliefs onto others...it hampers your own personal development.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I have no problems verbalizing or writing about my beliefs,

I have an extreme problem with this, my thoughts are always jumbled up in my brain.

The point is you should not express your own beliefs onto others...it hampers your own personal development.

I agree, everyones personal faith dictates thier lifestyles and whatnot, who were we to bombard those on others?

Deep

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I have an extreme problem with this, my thoughts are always jumbled up in my brain.

Deep

Then don't let it be a problem. Allow your thoughts to be jumbled, let them run free...eventually the mind will tire and you will find the clarity that you search for. Don't know if you meditate or not, but if you do, don't try too hard, let all the thoughts go thru your mind, think it thru and move on to the next thought, eventually you'll mind will be free of the jumble.

aum.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
"I" am god?

In that case PHEAR ME!

j/k

this is actually a very interesting topic and I have thought about this very idea many times. The concept is interesting to say the least.

Is god a seperate thing that exists in each of us.. or are we each a part of god? Are we all god at once .. all at the same time.

Are we all one?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I would suggest reading Neale Donald Walsch's Conversations with God....

In a number of these 'conversations', God mentions some revealing things concerning "I" and how "we" all interact and how "we" relate to God as "I".

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
" forget religion, and what you have been taught to believe ""

What if you have never been taught by anyone but God, then does God lead you into falsehood?

Also we are part of God but are not God. wannot creat heaven and earth and we cannot creat miracles, we are creatures of God, not God himself. But see it how you want to, just use logic sometimes.

peace.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Man has the ability that God does when He created "Heaven and Earth"..the ability to create.
Nothing is beyond what Man can envision, imagine, and attempt to create, just as God. Why would God not allow us to create as He did and does?

Is not procreation a 'miracle' of sorts.....the miracle of creating a baby?

And I would have to disagree, we are apart of God. This may not be physically true but could it not be said spiritually? I guess now, the definition of "apart" will have to be clarified?

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
seeker I see what your getting at but what we creat are substances created from our technology. We are very limited. You see if this technology continues to grow we will creat
our own destruction and it actually has already began, but one thing we cannot creat is a soul. we cannot creat our emotions and the pure feeling of our senses thata God has given. A soul cannot be created by technology, so we
are limited creatures who God created from a soul. we cannot know every thought in every mind like God can, we cannot cure cancer when we do not know who has it.

creating babies is from God, because he created our bodies. babies are a miracle but it was not our doing but Gods. We can creat robots and clones but cannot creat a soul, and this only God can do. i guess it will be proven at the end when the stuff we created causes our own end.

again, see it how you want to.

peace.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join