It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ethereal Spiders

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
hi I am new and only found this site when i was trolling through the net to try and explain what i have been seeing for the last 3 years. as far as i am aware i don't have a sleeping disorder (people are quite jealous that i can asleep anywhere) and I am not on drugs - prescribed nor recreational. I also am not afraid of spiders - apart from the normal ugghhh feeling if you find something crawling on you that shouldn't be there. I pick up spiders and put them outside and the bigger ones I catch in a glass and remove them from the house. Now I have been living at my current address for three years - maybe just over and have noticed that spiders tend to accumulate around my room and especially over my bed. I have two mosquito nets up and usually this stops them from getting above me but i still get the occasional one. At first just before i go to sleep I'd see a long legged spider coming down from the ceiling at me and when i wake up i see them suddenly reverse and go upwards. Some were real but others just seem to disappear. they are always normal size. Some people told me it was my eyelashes that i was seeing and others just say its the sleeping disorder. In the last year i have been waking up in the middle of the night and finding not one but two. One coming from the ceiling and one on the opposite pillow. I am loathe to say this but it seems like they are sitting there watching me. I know it sounds crazy and i probably am but you see when i look for these spiders i can never find them. I even have taken my whole bed apart and they seem to be getting bigger and blacker. My room is quite light so when i open my eyes i can see them very clearly. I do have quite a few dream catchers in my room and love all american indian pictures, etc. I'm not sure if this is my subconscious trying to tell me something or I am actually seeing this phenomenon for real. anyways thanks for posting this thread. makes me feel slightly better about myself.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Justdove

do you have the means to set up a camera to record while you go to sleep ? Just put it on a shelf or any other place so that it can film the bed and the place where you usually see those spiders .. IF they are a common ocurance at yor place this would be a good way to finally catch the little buggers on tape

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
reply to post by Justdove

do you have the means to set up a camera to record while you go to sleep ? Just put it on a shelf or any other place so that it can film the bed and the place where you usually see those spiders .. IF they are a common ocurance at yor place this would be a good way to finally catch the little buggers on tape

i only have a web cam built into my mac. Last night i decided to do my night time chakra clearing (i normally only do the morning one) - sorry this is slightly off topic ... but there is a point. Anyway i got it started on the computer and went to bed All lights out. About 10 minutes into the cd my computer turned itself off and my bedside lamp turned itself on (it is one of those touch ones). Now the weird thing is that the computer and my lamp are not even plugged on at the same wall nor are they on the same circuit. I checked all other electrical equipment around the house and nothing else had been affected. I was so freaked out by it that i brought my flatmates two dogs into the bedroom with me and let them sleep at the foot of my bed. The little one growled (i mean deep growling) a couple of times (which she never does - she's a barker) and I finally feel asleep. The thing is I'm kind of used to lights coming on around me (tends to happen to me quite a bit - specially in the room i sleep in when i go up north to see the family) - I'm way to old to have it be the poltergeist activity teenagers or kids can get - but my mum rang me this morning and told me the room I sleep in last night had the door open (its a sliding door which opens out to the driveway) and the touch lamp had come on sometime in the night - when i sleep there i always leave it open during the night as i love to look at the night sky and feel the breeze and the light comes on by itself when I'm there or usually just before i turn up or a few days after i leave. Now my mum is definitely anal about checking things before she goes to bed so i thought it was just a tad coincidental. I'm too chicken right now to try the night chakra clearing again cause that really gave me a bad vibe. I did not see the spiders last night as i was so tired i slept til 6am. Even typing this stuff it is starting to scare me again and it really does take alot to get me going. I think it was just the really bad vibe i got from the whole thing - very threatening - so crazy or not - i certainly didn't dream that. I'll see if i can borrow a camera from one of my mates - one that has night vision and i'll keep you posted - though at this point I'd really rather have the spiders back as they were never threatening just a little shocking seeing them so close

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Hmm I think I'll try the experiment with avoiding sleep for a day or so and try to check my room for them ..

I wonder if thats the presence that I feel usually at night when I enter my room .. Kind of hard to describe but always durring the night time whenever I enter my room (getting back from restroom or kitchen etc..) at the precise moment when i cross the door I feel a shiver (sp?) go down my neck and I feel as if something is arround me ..

Might be just my imagination stimulated by all the wierd threads that I read here
but it did start happening about 2-3 weeks ago (not realy sure cause at first I didnt pay much attention to it when it happened)

Well keep us posted on the camera and hope you manage to record something

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Wow, I've actually been trying to find out more about these spiders. But I guess my experience is a little different. I've been seeing and feeling spiders...on my body.

Lately (about a week now), I've been feeling like something's latched itself on my right leg. You know, it feels like having a cat hair on your skin--it kind of tickles that way. It feels like having a bug on my leg all the time.

It's quite hot here nowadays and I've been getting blood-sucked by these damned mosquitos. Last night, while sitting on my couch, I couldn't ignore the funny feeling on my foot because it could very well be another mosquito sucking the life out of me. So when I felt a tickle on my right foot, I immediately pull my leg up and looked (hoping to catch one in the act, so that I could kill it). What I saw wasn't a mosquito. I saw a black spider, about 2 inches big. I saw it crawling quickly off my toes. And I only saw it for like a second, then it just disappeared.

It wasn't a glowing spider, though. It was just a big, black spider that disappeared as soon as I laid eyes on it. I still feel it on my leg...like all the time.

And I also see these things running around the house, always out of the corner of the eye, but never straight on like I did with that one spider.

But why would I see one on my body? It's just all weird.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Anyone who has experience with psychoactive drugs knows that spiders are not simply a hallucination to be dismissed. Ask anyone who has seen them why they stood out. Some say they are afraid of spiders, other responses will surprise you. Some people think of them as part of the experience, others seem to believe they are their own entities, and judging by this thread, they appear in the same for outside of certain psychoactive experiences.

This is the first time I have heard of "etherial spiders" outside of drug stories. My brother has seen them, and actually noticed differences in the looks of them. He claims his room had several of them in it and I think (but wouldn't swear to it) that they were coming out of his girlfriends picture one by one over time.

This could be a cool thread if the drug spiders and the "etherial spiders" are the same thing.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I posted my experience on another forum and basically got my head bashed in by their members. Never have I met so many people who claimed to dabble in the supernatural be so nescient.

I was accused of either making it all up (about seeing black spiders and such) or hallucinating. One said, "...people who are hallucinating often see spider-like apparitions and feel crawling sensations on their skin." And, "Occultism isn't taking everyday occurrences and blowing them out of proportion to force supernatural interpretation."

I thanked them for their inputs, and I probably won't ever post there again. I told myself that tons of people (here on this board and in this thread, for example) have experienced what I experienced and therefore, I can't be losing my mind. Or at least, I'm not the only one who's going crazy. LOL!

Perhaps they feel they're better than me and if something like this has never happened to them, then I must be making it all up. Oh well, at least people here are more open-minded. Thank you for starting this thread!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sethdarke

Don't worry about what other people say Sethdarke, I personally saw all sorts of ethereal or shadow creatures during this one period in my life for about 2-3 weeks, then one day it disappeared.

But I don't think it was a hallucination induced by a mixture of sleeping disorder and phobias. I personally have no fear creatures I saw (spiders, crow, rat), I'm actually all fascinated with those animals, and the doctors said I'm a pretty fit and healthy bloke.

I personally believe that our mind is programmed to block out or suppresses these other worldly entities. I assume it probably did so because images such as ethereal spiders can be psychologically traumatizing to our ancestors. However overtime, or through practice our abilities to block out these entities just simply goes away. There is a reason why people stress the importance to heighten one's awareness.

As for my personal account, the ethereal spider I encountered or witness were about the size of a baseball, completely black, has this black hazy or smoke image to it, and moved swiftly crawled down one side of the wall, I'd say within a fraction of a second.

As for the crow, I'd say I had a good look of it for about one second. It swooped across my room, from the top corner of two adjacent walls down under my table and disappeared through the wall.

The rat was actually quite interesting, I actually had about a two-three second encounter with it. I was walking down the stairs from the second floor of my house to the first, when I eye followed this dark figure popping out the wall and I soon gave chase to it from the living room to the kitchen, where it ran and disappeared into the kitchen counter.

I believe after that I never saw them as vividly or often again, but from time to time I do see something moving at the corner of my eyes. The reason why I can't experience these things anymore is partly my fault, I was to wrapped around my busy college life that I just pretty much lost sight for the paranormal, or I didn't put in enough time as I used to in high school.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by skyblueff0]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

in the thread i started (linked on page 1) someone asked me about that and no it was NOT floaters.. as i kept seeing them, i was becoming more aware that it was a real thing i was seeing. the spiders didnt move when my eyes did. blinking didnt change anything. the spiders just slowly float away while their legs move fast. t

Personally, I would tend to think they are floaters.
(BTW, you will notice - I hope - that this sentence does not equal an affirmation of what they "are" or aren't. I've noticed that can never be stressed enough...
)

Floaters come in many different shapes and sizes. Somebody (maybe you) said they saw them even after closing their eyes... that is a reliable indication of a floater.

Am I a wet blanket?
I certainly hope not.
I happen to KNOW there are many, many truly inexplicable and wonderful things in this world, so a few spiders/floaters shouldn't make a difference. ;-)

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sethdarke

Has anyone ever noticed them ??

It's a spider, what looks like a ethereal or spirit/ghost spider...

They are all around us and all over us all the time, and i see them all the time...

I have my own thoughts on what they are and why they are here...

Anyone else experience these spiders ??

Funny you should post this about seeing one of these spiders. I thought I had hallucinated it. To me, it looked like it was glass or crystal. It was moving down towards the coffee table in front of the settee when I noticed it. I watched it come down then go back up and then it disappeared in a flash. It was more like it was interdimensional. It was really bizarre, my husband didn't see it, but he must have thought I lost the plot. I wrote it down in one of my diaries. I may have even posted it on YOUTUBE.

I am so glad that I am not alone in having seen this thing.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This is the wierdest thing, last night when I was laying down with my eyes closed, I opened them and I saw this thing RIGHT in front of my face, hanging from a thread and its legs were wiggling.

Being aracnophobic I flipped out and ran wailing from the room. But I knew it wasn't physical, its just my natural reaction to spiders, etheric or not.

I went back into the bedroom, did thorough investigation of the wall and sheets and there was of course nothing there.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I suspect your ALL going to experience more astral wildlife with the lead up to the evolution of the human consciousness

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I've had similar experiences, the latest one occurring last night. They all happen the same general way.

I wake suddenly from sleep with the feeling of something being on (or near) my face. When I open my eyes I see this spider-like object floating away from me. (I am getting huge chills just typing this.) It starts out very close to my face (almost inside of my head it seems, though I'm not sure.) then it floats slowly away from me to the wall. My reaction is to immediately get out of bed and see where it went, but I can never find it. I turn the lights on and it is just not there.

The strange thing is most of the time my first instinct is that it is actually a spider, but then I come to realize it is either my tired mind playing tricks on me or some sort of supernatural phenomenon.

Funny thing someone else brought up their father's death, because these have occurred much more often after my father's death. And they only just started happening after my girl friend's mother died.

-CartLemmy
www.myspace.com...

reply to post by HuntaXX

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Ay carrumba. I was just lying in bed thinking about these buggers as I tried desperately to nod off. Couldn't sleep so I decided to get up and have a quick browse and I have to admit, my stomach turned inside out when I spotted this.

I was experiencing these, 'ghosty spiders' for about 15 years and it was always immediately after waking suddenly feeling like I was choking and dying. Without fail there would be a black 'mass' directly in front of me which formed into a spider. As I looked at the spider, it would run across the wall before fading into nothingness within a few seconds. Every single time I'd swear it was as real as any other black house spider before it disappeared before my eyes. I even had to waken my girlfriend on occasion as it darted towards her as she's terrified of them. My tales of ghost spiders didn't go down well as you can imagine.

Weird thing is though; for the last 3-4 years or so the spider hasn't been forming from the strange, black, 'mass' although it does still quite resemble a spider at times with leg-like areas reaching out. As with the spider though it disappears within a few seconds (but doesn't run).

I did go through a period of believing I was dying and was about to be pulled into some horrendous black vortex of hell or brutally raped by a devil spider but after going through this for so many years I've decided it's nothing to worry about and I'm completely normal. Gulp. I'm still alive anyway.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I searched for this thread because I saw the same ''wisps'' multiple times.
I would wake up out of nowhere, still seeing the last second of my dream. Then paranoid looking around me to see spiders on the wall, in my bed, everywhere.
I wave my arm right through them and that's when I realize it isn't possible, so I feel better and go back to sleep.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Related post experience pleas read my post too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyway as I was getting into this tent or getting it ready I thought ok there are probably spiders in here but did not see one.
Next to my bed in a semi-awake mode reality I thought I heard a rattling or movement.
So I woke up. What I saw was a spider on a long web from wardrobe to the wall of the head of the bed.

But I woke my self up by now. The thing was I could see a spider next to my bed and I was awake. So I went to touch it but could not get it, so being a dream was I awake or asleep? I was conscious enough to think and know what was going on and I tried to see what the spider would do, basically as started touching it began to pixel up into grey mini spirals. Its like I was able to touch my own dream awake and felt like an overlapping of reality. I know probably drugs could do the same thing to the mind but this was without influence and the nearest one can be conscious and awake yet knowing you are not asleep anymore. People say dreaming is like going to other realities and all sorts who knows but it was kind off nice but strange and yet observable without having to regress some memory.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I have seen these as well. I have also heard about them from my spirit. This has been going on for a long time. The native americans were very well acquainted with spirit animals. Peace

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Or is it as God describes as in Revelation 6

8And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Maybe as it described on the tin, Hell followed with him, and famine as across the world right is rising, and hunger as food prices have gone up with these beasts and creatures people are experiencing. Maybe these are soul judgement events and we can not see all of them.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

yes.! like you see a hollow spider, & u can se its insides.
its like a spirit.

me and my friend saw one that was about 3 inches a few weeks ago.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Yeah I had this happen to me when I was a child. I woke up one night and a glowing white spider was over my bed. I woke up my sisters and they saw it too. When we cut the light on it vanished. You are not alone!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join