It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the whole world be just an illusion????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Could the whole world be an illusion???? Imean how could i know if u r real or just a set-up illusion??? I've been thinking a lot about that.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Maybe you're right??

Check it out.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
i have also given this some thought. its kinda like
whats in my signature.
\/

[Edited on 1-2-2004 by sftprez]

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
this makes me think of the matrix because the world to them, IS an illusion being projected into their minds

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Its no an illusion, what I hear smell taste ect everybody else does. if I experience a football game my family who has their own
imagination experiences the same thing.

Too much matrix, ive never seen somee actually believ what a movie has to say about something. what is an illusion? Have you considered tha the thought of an illusion is an illusion to
confuse you?

peace.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I dont think it is an illusion per se, but i am constantly disappointed to think that my perception of the world is limited to what i can see, hear, smell, touch, taste...

there is more going around us than we can perceive, unfortunate, but true

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
You could say that life is an illusion

"An erroneous perception of reality"

if you follow the thought, that life is full of

IMPERMANENCE

"the property of not existing for indefinitely long durations"

So if it doesn't exist...then it is an illusion?

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
well I really can't say what I think about that, illusion is such a broad term, it can be used really with anything if you have the imagination to back it up, but I would be more interested in a scientific look at it

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
Could the whole world be an illusion???? Imean how could i know if u r real or just a set-up illusion??? I've been thinking a lot about that.

It is and it is because we can only experience the 'World' through the means known to us (senses). What if there are many other senses that we are not privie to (which seems very probable)? Then what we do experience as the 'World' is an incomplete and distorted image of the 'World' in its entirety and thus in a sense: an illusion.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The whole world is an illusion.
We are here to serve one purpose, to advance to the next life. We are here for trillions of billions of years before we finally reach our ultimate goal and achieve immortaility.

For you dumb ass out there think of it as a bag of skittles. One skittle is a long time, so in order to be full (immortality) you must eat the whole
bag (life is being inside the bag)

AND for you smart ass out there I dont give a sh*t what you think. Its a theory and theorys are just a starting point to help us understand life and things in life better.

[Edited on 3-2-2004 by Eternal]

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hey Eternal............taste the rainbow........

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Sorry...double post...

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by darklanser]

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
mmmm rainbow.
I just might do that.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
the whole world is just an illusion so then what would that mean? That we dont really exist. That this is all just a matrix like thing. You're not really making a lot of sense buddy. Cheerio, and stuff.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
the difference between reality and illusion is how one perceives their lives and surroundings at any given point in time.

What may appear to be "real" to one, is not so to another.

Imagine if you will, that from birth, you were not molded by the concepts of your parents and extended family of humans. You had no idea what a television, radio, movie, or even a car was...as they are all learned labels to give reference to that which exists in the overall learned "reality" each society accepts as their own...

you would have no ethnicity...you would not speak a language...but you MAY communicate without words...or you may be able to understand/speak many languages because you had no sociological guidelines...i could go on giving ideas such as this forever....but i'm sure you get the picture...

on a more believeable scale, tho, each one of us perceives the little piece of reality we have carved out for ourselves, each in our own way...tho we are controlled by sociological ideals....we can each one admit, in a way...that we do not always see the world around us or our lives in the same way...

Lol...just enough "wobble" to keep the natives from figuring it out....

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
there is increasing proof and acceptance among the scientific community that our environment is a hologram.
link

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well I see no reason why not. It is a matter of consciousness. All that you see around you is just an idea, a thought. No one ever said that thoughts aren't "real". Thoughts are all that exist. Nothing else is real. Everything is consciousness.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainMooPoo
the whole world is just an illusion so then what would that mean? That we dont really exist. That this is all just a matrix like thing. You're not really making a lot of sense buddy. Cheerio, and stuff.

On the contrary....If we are going with the Matrix angle here...we would be the only 'real' things in a fake world. we would "be grown, not born" humanoid things. everything elce would be fake, no matter how they felt, tasted and smelled....they would still be just figments of imagination....stuff just projected into our minds.

If we arn't going the matrix angle I would have to say that we would still be the only real things in the world if this all was fake. Everything elce would be what we perceive to be real, which would be fake. So if this is a fake world....Is there really a real world?

I know that was still a little matrix-y, sorry...but you have to think that if this world is fake then what is the real world? or what is real for that matter.....think about it....

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiosity
I know that was still a little matrix-y, sorry...but you have to think that if this world is fake then what is the real world? or what is real for that matter.....think about it....

Reality in this dimension, in my opinion, is what you make it. The one and only thing you can be sure of is that you exist. I think, therefore I am.
Everything else could possibly be an illusion. Learning to live with that possibility is a big step. Once you are comfortable with it you can try to move on and see if there is anything else to discover.
Meditation is quite a good way of opening up your mind to other possibilities.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
But why would you not include us with everything else? In the Matrix, the reality that was constructed was just as real as the people in it. The reality was a digital computer construct, AND the people as well. There were no actual "people" in there, it was just a consciousness.

There's a clue there. The entire world of the Matrix was constructed virtually, and the "reality" was just a physical representation of consciousness (machine consciousness is no different). It was governed by rules that were imposed by a system of control, and NO ONE even knew that the system exists. Brilliant!

Does it give you hints towards our own world? I'm not talking about the machines taking over the world.. but the nature of reality. Throughout the ages humanity has been asking itself, what is real? And thus far no one has any clear answers, or at least that seem to satisfy anyone. There are many other questions that have been asked but never answered.

Could these things be purposely hidden from us? Could this mean that just MAYBE someone out there knows something, and is creating a fake "world" for us to inhabit? Remember morpheus said, everything begins with "choice". That would imply that you are also in this world, by choice. This could mean that your lack of perception and out-of-context view of the "whole" is also a choice. But why would someone choose ignorance? Unless there's a reason... could you think of it?

If humanity is going to wake up, maybe it is time to think outside the box? When you consider answering any of these questions, try not to limit your mind with the concepts of this WORLD, but be more open than that. This reality is very constricted by rules, and imposed regulations, and popular concensus. But see if you can drop this, and see if you can look past all that?

And what about all our precious little attachments to everything in this reality? Our families, friends, toys, work... stuff that the authorities tell us we MUST have, or else we're outcasts, heretics, weird, crazy, or not sociable. It seems that there are many personal mental blocks to prevent a person from reaching out and answering some of these big questions, without first clearing away the obstacles cleverly placed on that person.

Maybe it is time some of you tried to clear those obstacles? They are your own personal obstacles... and you don't need a therapist to do it. Yes, our society will tell you that you NEED help, otherwise you can't do anything yourself. But could this be just another form of control, to make sure we rely on someone else to do the work/thinking for us?

Maybe... JUST maybe....

Think!

[Edited on 3-2-2004 by lilblam]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join