It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Americans, You Civil Rights are in Danger!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
NEW YORK - Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg cautioned that people concerned about losing freedoms in favor of tracking and prosecuting terrorists need to speak out, as reported by AP writer Gina Holland. This spring, the U.S. Supreme Court is going to be taking several cases related to terrorism, including challenges to the government's detention of suspects.

News.Yahoo.com "On important issues, like the balance between liberty and security, if the public doesn't care, then the security side is going to overweigh the other," she said. And here we have the one thing that has done more to erode freedom and liberty throughout history, apathy. How many times do we need history to teach us the lessons of an apathetic populace more content to plod along with their daily chores, than to pay attention to the larger picture in which we are found? At a time when the United States is divided into an intense bipolar and passionate hate between liberal and conservative, those who normally pay attention to these subjects are suddenly finding themselves so preoccupied with petty squabbles of political positioning, that we may one day wake up shocked at what we have created. Related News Story Bond says Bush administration eroding civil rights Related Links Supreme Court of the United States Related Discussion on ATS Patriot 2 here we come! Cheney's grim vision: decades of war [Edited on 30-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Makes you proud to be British

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

And Canadian...

But if you look more closely we don't have the document that frames the constitution.. Canada only had a bill of rights written in 1987!! But we also have the notwithstanding clause that can change our liberties into no liberties when they see fit. Which is more horse #.

American's will hang on to it till the last breath, because they know that document is supposed to protect them from tyranny within the government...And once those amendments get stripped away slowly and slyly, thats when there's a problem.

Since i'm in the states, I will have no problem fighting even though it's not my home country, I love it just the same as my own... Hopefully we can smell the bull # and do something about it.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Its happening, its too late to do anything, the wheels are in motion. Now we have to pepare ours selves for a civil war, or to be slaves, 2004 you Decide!

[Edited on 30-1-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
-cough PATRIOT Act -cough

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyxsul
-cough PATRIOT Act -cough

just the fact that they had enough balls to name it that speaks volumes. but SpittinCobra is right, theres nothing we can do now but watch it go down and prepare for the worst. i try to talk to people in my everyday life about things like the patriot act and loss of freedom and civil rights and they look at me with that funny look, like 'yea, ok buddy'.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
At a time when the United States is divided into an intense bipolar and passionate hate between liberal and conservative, those who normally pay attention to these subjects are suddenly finding themselves so preoccupied with petty squabbles of political positioning, that we may one day wake up shocked at what we have created.
[Edited on 30-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

wag the populace. pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. cointel.
so sad. obfuscation, misdirection and ad hominem. so effective. sad.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

don't kid yourself. britain is big brother's home. the most surveillance cameras per capita in the world.

[Edited on 30-1-2004 by billybob]

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
'national security'

Originally posted by TrueLies

And Canadian...

don't kid yourself....

'national security'

p.s. please don't let personal bias skew your view of the travesty of justice here. that's what 'they' want. that's why 'they' chose this case to set a precedent.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

don't kid yourself. britian is big brother's home. the most surveilance cameras per capita in the world.

I seen a show , Brits are on a camra like 250 times a day.:bnghd:

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
'national security'

Originally posted by TrueLies

And Canadian...

don't kid yourself....

'national security'

p.s. please don't let personal bias skew your view of the travesty of justice here. that's what 'they' want. that's why 'they' chose this case to set a precedent.

Obviously you didn't read the rest of my post....
I think I pointed out what you just did...

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Trulies , a person may feel the sme way you do, if they restate something you say, You should feel proud. Shouldnt smack them with the paper.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This may be posted in the wrong place but it does have to do with our Civil Liberties being violated, etc.

The only news I watch on TV is C-Span because it's the ONLY televised source that appears trustworthy. I watched the "David Kay hearings" regarding the WMD- or lack there of and in watching, I couldn't help but think we are already slaves of the NWO. There's not going to be a revolution because the bad guys are already in control of the media. And the media is the strong arm of freedom.

I am hard of hearing, have been all my life and I can read lips pretty good. Did anyone notice at the closing of the hearings, as Warner and one of the Senators stood (I believe the senator from Michigan), the senator from Michigan told Warner "We have a problem with this guy" I couldn't read his lips any more because someone stood in front of the camera. Are there any up dates on David Kay, because I believe he is someone who understands that our freedoms are evaporating.

Again, I am so grateful to have found this site. I love it here!

AL

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

And you're proud to live in a country where no citizens have the right to keep arms, even at home ?

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

And you're proud to live in a country where no citizens have the right to keep arms, even at home ?

We can keeps swords. I may be old fashioned but that is enough for me.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kundalini

It will be enough if the other guy(s) doesn't have any firearms. Otherwise....

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Story should say: Citizens of the civilized world: your rights are in Danger!

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Originally posted by kundalini

It will be enough if the other guy(s) doesn't have any firearms. Otherwise....

Your right! Wouldn't stand a chance. But it seems like a good way to die to me.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Our only real hope...

Young People ...UNITE & VOTE !!

The ones who hold the power to change it all.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
Our only real hope...

Young People ...UNITE & VOTE !!

The ones who hold the power to change it all.

Does it really matter if people vote, the people of power can take the election again.

[Edited on 30-1-2004 by SpittinCobra]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join