It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the draft is getting closer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
all this new news on a draft board and more troops is now backed by the high powers, or mind controlers

Im 16 and scared

news.yahoo.com.../nm/20040128/us_nm/arms_usa_troops_dc_1&printer=1

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Dude just go and have a holiday wherever your posted (if your posted) and refuse to fire a shot... who cares if your courtmartialed, do the right thing

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Why are you scared? There's no reason to be.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I am 18 and there is no way in hell I would go into war. I would move to Canada.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey
Why are you scared? There's no reason to be.

I am not the best student I am a child of 8 and I am a white male. I would say that puts me at the top of the draft list as far as the rating system goes. That is why I am scared.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
They want 30000 more people, and they're all ready 11000 over the limit. If they didn't feel the need to have troops in 150+ countries simultaneously, I'd imagine this wouldn't be a problem.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza
I am 18 and there is no way in hell I would go into war. I would move to Canada.

I think that Canada extradites draft dodgers now.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I could see why your scared about being drafted, but wouldn't you like to serve your country in the time of need? Hell I'm 19 and goin into the air force and shippin out may.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza

Even if you moved to canada they would come look for you because your obviously missing.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
not all of us at the draft age agree with what our country is doing.

Also, i'm a non-violent person with a family to look after, if i was drafted i would contest it on the grounds of spiritual non-violence

that is true of my character, but i also disagree with what we're doing, can't tell the draft board that though can you?

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by KKing123
not all of us at the draft age agree with what our country is doing.

Also, i'm a non-violent person with a family to look after, if i was drafted i would contest it on the grounds of spiritual non-violence

that is true of my character, but i also disagree with what we're doing, can't tell the draft board that though can you?

with a family you would be least likely to be drafted, they put people into catigories durring the draft.
You could also plead your peacful nature and ask for conscientious objector

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Don't worry about it. It will not happen soon anyway. There is too much opposition to it.

With the current state of division on the war/military, the outcry would be deafening.

Also, there are 8 military members to support combatant, so the odds are that you wouldn't be the one shot at anyway.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I cant believe my eyes, you boys are willing to live here and enjoy the freedom and wealth of this great country, but you wont defend her?? go to canada or somewhere and stay.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaoszero
They want 30000 more people, and they're all ready 11000 over the limit. If they didn't feel the need to have troops in 150+ countries simultaneously, I'd imagine this wouldn't be a problem.

Agreed, we need to have military for military objectives and let the UN get and fund its own food distributors.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberpilot
I cant believe my eyes, you boys are willing to live here and enjoy the freedom and wealth of this great country, but you wont defend her?? go to canada or somewhere and stay.

Maybe they dont see ocupying another country as defending theirs?
If they wanted to keep their freedom, voting for a different president would do a whole lot more good than going to Iraq.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It may not be the best place...we do lie alot (our Gov)
BUT...you would not fight for her. You enjoy all the freedoms....and talk a good fight.....but won't defend her. That's hard to swallow....you'll let someone else die for you...so you can stay back here on your lazy A$$!!

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Run away and let someone else fight and die for you after its all over you can crawl back and spit on those who were man enough to stay here and do there duty.

If you dont like the war vote bush out of office. If not then when called upon do your duty.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
You can defend the country without being in the military. And if enough people are not willing to defend the country in a time of need , then they will lose it. Therefore they are willing to lose it, therefore it wasnt doing its job in the first place or they are underserving of it.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
how is it defending our country to go after Iraq? they were absolutely no threat, a country in shambles with no power, and now admittidly no WMD program. Would i have gone to Afghanistan? sure, they attacked us, they deserved what they got, my nature is that i'm absolutely peaceful to a point, there is a point where peacefulness will do nothing, if there is no way to avoid it, if i feel the cause is absolutely justified, yes, i will fight, and ruthlessly, but being in the military, i wouldn't get to make that decision would i? they would tell me where to go and i'd have to go there without being able to question.

Would i fight to defend this country? yes i would, if this country were invaded i would take up arms and become the best damned partisan fighter i could be. Would i join the military to fight fights that i feel are not just? would i kill people that i felt didn't deserve it? not a chance.

And yes, i will be among the people attempting to vote Bush out of office, enough is enough

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I would not fight in the war. I also wouldn't hesitate going to war if called upon, providing we have good reason to go to war and actually defend our country. Iraq poses us no threat at all, and there is no reason to go get killed for this. You people saying that others should "defend" the country dont know what you are talking about....look at vietnam. I support our troops and our country, but I dont support Bush or his corrupt war.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join