It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Say Dark Matter Doesn't Exist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Scientists Say Dark Matter Doesn't Exist

www.space.com

Two Canadian astronomers think there is a good reason dark matter, a mysterious substance thought to make up the bulk of matter in the universe, has never been directly detected: It doesn't exist.

MOG differs from other modified gravity theories in its details, but is similar in that it predict that the force of gravity changes with distance.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
There's the usual peer-review happening among the scientists and within the article, some still believe dark matter exists.

Also, here's a cool article/photos and graphics of the strangest things related to space....
www.space.com...

www.space.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Forgive me if im wrong but isnt there a dark matter reactor in the US that makes micrograms of this substance.

The tv show said something like it will take 50 yrs for 1 gram of dark matter.

I will try to dig up this reactor info.

It doesnt excist in space but the USA is making it as we speak.

According to the discovery channel.

Hmmm very odd.....

Vote ron paul save the Dark matter!

[edit on 30-10-2007 by Bushwacked]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
this is untrue,dark matter has not been detected by any human being,if had been it would make world headlines.im 100% you are mistaken it for anti matter.

I have believed from the start dark matter does not exist.The basic theory behind dark matter theory is that the universe does not behave as our equations would tell us,so dark matter is used to fill in the gaps!!!!.

[edit on 30-10-2007 by wierdalienshiznit]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Dark matter is just a theory, that may or may not be true.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bushwacked

Thats not dark matter, your thinking of antimatter. I saw that show as well.

On topic, this is probobly just another theory to add to the pile. I think we are a long way off from understanding such things.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Before scientists profferred a dark matter/dark force theory, The Urantia Book provided this explanation of universe structure.

1. THE PARADISE-HAVONA SYSTEM

From the periphery of Paradise to the inner borders of the seven superuniverses there are the following seven space conditions and motions:

1. The quiescent midspace zones impinging on Paradise.

2. The clockwise processional of the three Paradise and the seven Havona circuits.

3. The semiquiet space zone separating the Havona circuits from the dark gravity bodies of the central universe.

4. The inner, counterclockwise-moving belt of the dark gravity bodies.

5. The second unique space zone dividing the two space paths of the dark gravity bodies.

6. The outer belt of dark gravity bodies, revolving clockwise around Paradise.

7. A third space zone--a semiquiet zone--separating the outer belt of dark gravity bodies from the innermost circuits of the seven superuniverses.

mercy.urantia.org...-HAVONA%20SYSTEM

According to The Urantia Book, there are several types of gravity in the universe and all types of gravity are related to the Isle of Paradise.

Of course, I have no explanation of my own, but as the years have gone by, my study of The Urantia Book has led me to many mysteries that science has only now begun to investigate.

[edit on 2007/10/30 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

www.letusreason.org...

The Bible explains that the Holy Spirit through its authors have given us God's word for all time. It is complete (2 Tim.3:16-17) and perfect. The apostle warns of anyone giving any other gospel that counters the Bible Gal.1:8-10 (which the Urantia book does, all one has to do is ask if they agree with all it precepts and teachings and will be given a definite NO.)

Just want to clarify that this is not related to the Bible. Since, as quoted above, neither side recognizes the other.

The back and forth among Scientists reminds me of blind men bumbling around a locked room bumping into each other. Sometimes I think the Dark Matter is between their ears.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Dark matter has to exist. The free energy people are always throwing this up as a power supply waiting to be tapped, somehow. Golly, another illusion ... gone

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

I haven't heard that.

Are you serious?

Of course, there is no such thing as free energy in the form that we humans wish to exploit.

Could you elaborate on that?

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmTetsuo

Technically, dark matter is more of a hypothesis since they can't prove or disprove it yet.

Scientific laws are the theories. Only because science recognizes that new information can come in and change things.

Laypeople use theory incorrectly when it comes to science in most cases.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
Just want to clarify that this is not related to the Bible. Since, as quoted above, neither side recognizes the other.

I don't get your point.

Before any scientist postulated a black hole, The Urantia Book spoke of dark islands of space and before any scientists proffered dark matter The Urantia Book spoke of dark gravity bodies.

This is worthy of note in a discussion of scientific theory that involves mysteries that the scientific community is so divided over.

Whatever holds the universe together, or whatever it is called, must be out there somewhere.

That a book as mysterious as The Urantia Book would mention similar concepts decades before the scientific community acknowledges them is, well, noteworthy.

[edit on 2007/10/30 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Not to change this thread at all but yes, there are people who really do believe in free energy regardless of any laws of mechanics, physics, or thermodynamics.

Dark matter has been a theory kicked around for any number of years. The new measurements of black hole weights should help with the total mass of the universe thing.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

My point was simply to clarify that book was written down by 'channelers' or 'mediums', and has nothing to do with the Bible. I noticed that the lingo of the Father, Son, and Spirit used on the link may be somewhat misleading as to tying into the Bible. Simple Clarification, didn't mean to confuse you.

join