It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preserved dragon (model?)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Of all the cryptids, the dragon is the most fascinating. I've managed to stumble across the following website article purely at random, was just having a late night surf.
Odds are it's a fake but just looking at it is amazing, so detailed. There's the slightest chance that it could be real. I've never been one to dismiss anything with out contradictory/collaborative evidence... If nothin else it's an amazing model.

Have a look anyway:
news.softpedia.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
That is a very well done model. If dragons really existed there would be more than just one body left. And someone would have had to pickle the dragon and since there arent any historical records of dragons it cant be real.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Cool pic, great detail!
Open the damn jar already!

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
WHat ever it is, it looks almost good enough to eat. www.servonet.com...

[Edited on 1/25/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Thats too cool!

Where can I get one?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Plastic, the model has no genitals...

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Plastic, the model has no genitals...

Did dragons even have genetals?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Most reptiles have no external sexual organs, I know of none that do. I'm not an expert, but I have seen anough National geographics, Crock hunter and Corwin shows.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
sooooooo....... how do crocs and dragons reproduce?

(this is interesting)

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

(this is interesting)

What he means is that it's...'retracted'. It pops out during mating.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Internal fertilization.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I would hope they do it like they do on the animal channel.

Esoteric

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
That is a very well done model. If dragons really existed there would be more than just one body left. And someone would have had to pickle the dragon and since there arent any historical records of dragons it cant be real.

It's funny you should say that since we assume that after findind only one set of remains (complete or incomplete) from dinosaurs that there MUST have been more than one....look at T-Rex how many have been found what 10-15....i always thought 100s were found. So it goes to show that we don't need to see a lot of proof to believe.....look at god!

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
the dragon chick in the jar...is most interesting..as for reproduction...like reptiles, birds do not have exterior genitalia either...another sign birds and reptiles may come from the same family.

have always wondered if the dragons of myth could not have been some kind of evolutionary dinasaur to bird species...

as for the "chick" in the jar...all anyone has to do is x-ray it and bam..we would have an answer...but then if it were proven authentic...anybody really think it would be made public knowledge?

~oracle

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Come on it has to be a fake.
What are the chances of everyone standing around with their noses on the glass saying "gee is it real or fake" and NOT unscrewing the lid and having a poke?

Zilch....

If it was real it would have been disected ages ago, and maybe cloned by now....

Nice rubber fake

The fact that we see it in a bottle still supposedly 'sealed' tells that its not real...

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
What about the belly cord, shouldn't it havebeen in an egg? I thought cords where a mammal thing.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
They should sell it to These Guys!

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
well, who knows "really" how dragons may have been concieved and born, alluding to the idea that they were real...thing is...birds and reptiles do have a navel..they are attached with an allantoic stalk...which is equal to the umbellicle cord in mammals...

~oracle

[Edited on 25-1-2004 by Oracle]

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
A dragon with an umbilical cord? Hmmm ya never know as we have no proof of their existance and therefor having no idea of how they gave birth, reproduced, etc. Everything we know of them is purely fantasy. Nice find

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Four legs and two wings on dragons are a product of fantasy. What is more believable is one with just four legs or one with two hind legs and two wings(which are integrated with the front limbs-like a bat.) All dinosaur bones uncovered show animals only with four limbs. This includes the wings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join