It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Editing posts question.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I have noticed that if I try to add a link or some text by cut-n-past to a previous post via editing, that when I paste it, the previous text has been disappearing from the message box, making it difficult to update a post if needed.

It is causing me to post a reply instead to successfully make a pasted change, as this seems the only way to do this. I dont remember the board doing this before recently.

I hate to double post if not necessary, know what I mean?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I know exactly what mean. A little trick I picked up is to go ahead as normal, conduct the addition and after everything vanishes, copy what you wanted to add. Then use the back button above the address bar, then I use the forward button. Original text is back and I can paste intended new text code. Give it a try, took a few to figure that oput, but it works. Let me know how you do.

EXAMPLE

[Edited on 25-1-2004 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Sounds like a complex solution.

I've had the same thing trying to paste links or images post hoc. I tend to add a new reply.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It's not complex at all.

Just conduct the edit as normal, when prior text does a disappearing act, simply copy text to be added. Hit the back button, hit the forward button, paste where edit was intended, "Post reply".

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I have found that if you use the add hyperlink button to add to a post, thats when it disappears(at least for me) but when I enter The BB code manually(after cutting and pasting the thread) nothing disappears.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I paste the link,then preview the post,then click on the link in the preview,copy a snippet,close the box,paste the snippet above the url,and post.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I appreciate all the input as they provides the answers I am looking for...

But it would be nice to be able to just paste an edit in the box without text disruption.

(Is there some logistical or reason for this?...or just a function of xmb?)

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Happenned to me a lot of time, but only when using the img or link buttons, so know I just add the code by my self.

Damn annoying. Advisor advices look interesting. (no pun intended)

top topics

join