It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Columbus Sniper Shootings Now at 20

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Residents of Columbus, OH have been terrorized by random sniper-style shootings for eight months, and a recent incident has officially brought the number of shootings to 20.

Nineteen shootings along a stretch of I-270 in Ohio's capital have targeted cars, schools, and houses. Only one person was struck, a 49 year old woman who died from her injuries.

This most recent shooting occured early on Thursday the 22nd on I-71 in Columbus. This area is eight miles south of I-270, and the first of the shootings to occur outside of the 270 corridor

No one was injured, though the bullet did pierce a car's windshield. The driver of the car caught a glimpse of a person standing on an overpass near a vehicle when he heard the gunshot. As he sped away, the driver saw the individual get in the car and drive off.

Investigators were not able to gather enough ballistic evidence to link the shooting, but instead used "other physical evidence." The Franklin County Sheriff's Office did not state exactly what this evidence was.

ABC News

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
www.morningjournal.com COLUMBUS (AP) -- A bullet that pierced a van's windshield was linked yesterday to a series of highway sniper shootings, bringing the total cases to 21, investigators said. The shooting Tuesday expands the sniper's target area, occurring in a rural area about 15 miles south of where most others happened along Interstate 270, Franklin County sheriff's Chief Deputy Steve Martin said. www.post-gazette.com Ohio sniper seen shooting at traffic east of Columbus Sunday, February 15, 2004 By James Drew, Block News Alliance PATASKALA, Ohio -- One day after detectives said they were "confident that we are closing in" on the man known as the "highway sniper," he struck again yesterday in the fourth daylight shooting from an overpass over the past 12 days in the Columbus area. No one was injured, as the gunman expanded the target zone to the east and to a highway where he has not struck before -- Interstate 70. But this time, the gunman was witnessed in the act.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Luckily this moron can't shoot very well, assuming of course that they are trying to hit someone.

BTW what is going on with those two other turncoats that were shooting up the streets, Malvo and what's his name?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Luckily this moron can't shoot very well, assuming of course that they are trying to hit someone.

BTW what is going on with those two other turncoats that were shooting up the streets, Malvo and what's his name?

www.mobif.com.my..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

LIFE!!

[Edited on 15-2-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

new topics

top topics

join