It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

melbourne ufo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
click

UFO picture a saucer wonder
By Kate Uebergang
January 24, 2004

WHILE man is making his mark on Mars, some humans are wondering if aliens have zoomed into Melbourne.

Creating a buzz: The photo taken by council worker Roland Rozario.

A mysterious photograph has sparked a UFO frenzy in the city's north.

interesting has anyone on here from melbourne seen anything similar??

[Edited on 1-23-2004 by ausconspiracies]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
very interesting picture. good find.

I would love to see a larger version.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
you can download a larger image from this link:

www.whittlesea.vic.gov.au...#

Its an interesting one, thats for sure. Been all over the news

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Very cool. Pretty decent photo.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
thanks for the link

after looking at again...i don't know... it seems awfully small..I mean the aliens gotta be tiny or that's a single alien pod or something..who knows..but judging from the height of the telephone pole and perspective, it seems small....so it could be a fake..but i am no expert.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It's nice, but two lines make me suspicious:

"... could not explain the digital photo"

"... I came back to the office, downloaded the images and noticed an object in one photo"

It's very common that strange things turn up in these digital pictures that the photographer didn't see when he took them. The explanation is mostly in the pixel technic. The cameras have trouble capturing fast moving and thin objects against the blue or white sky. Therefore it may be a bird or anything.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Australia......come on.
We all know what he really saw:

Personally, the photos look fake and 'doctored' with definite photoshopping happening there.
Look: (from rense)

And another one:

You judge.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
how can you tell that is fake, they could be chem trials

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
chemtrails?? there are no chemtrails in those pictures

i'm leaning towards fake because of the size of the thing in comparison to the light pole and the perspective of the shot.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I see no photoshopping, just JPEG compression artifacting. I used to be a senior graphic designer until I was laid off, but I still know the ins and outs of digital manipulation with standard industry tools like photoshop.

The fact is the object is so blurry and without definite shape that its the same as all the other useless UFO pictures. Real, but garbage.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well again, IMHO, its a very crude fake. The pixel size (pixel distortion) around the supposed UFO are larger than the rest of the picture. Or is everyone of the understanding that "anti-gravity" engines of alien technology warp pixels? There is a definite 'box' (outline) around the supposed UFO that makes it look blurry and gives the haze effect. The close up of the suppoosed UFO, showing the tip of it, appears to have been 'feathered' by a smoothing tool (photoshop). The area around the supposed UFO looks like an edit job...again pixels. Also, the lighting and shading is off. Something is 'fishy' with the railroad tracks.

Again, just my amatuer eye and my honest opinion.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Seekerof, great post as usual!

However, in this case I must side with Heelstone. I spend a lot of time on the computer using photoshop and all I see is JPEG compression. In fact I did the same as you did, blowing the image up to 6 or 800%.

If you zoom into the telephone pole or the railroad crossing lights you will notice the same artifacting. There is a slight diference in the artifacting on just one side of the saucer and my assumption is that its caused by motion.

I'll look at it closer though...

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by intelgurl]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
BTW, whats up with the power lines also....?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The power lines that are blurs are resultant of the resizing of the image. When you get an object that is less than the size of 1 pixel like a really thin power line, photoshop's resizing methods have a tendency to leave a hazy blur to represent the area. The full-size version of this picture likely does not suffer from this visual anomaly. Also, JPEGs attack sharp areas the most as well. Text and well defined areas like power lines would be the first to be screwed up by JPEG compression artifacting. This explains why the power lines are so weird looking.

edit:

It also didn't have to be photoshop that created the weird telephone lines. Just about everything regarding digital imagery uses some sort of interpolation. The camera used to take the picture might have done it if it was a digital camera used (I'm guessing it was). In any case, you can just mark the power lines up to a case of digital interpolation of very thin objects.

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
What about the power lines?

and on the train tracks we dont have the power to run the trains coming from the actual tracks they run on....we have overhead lines.

Also the thing that is getting me concerned Conspiratorially is this:

This months or Febs Popular Mechanic magazine has the big picture of a UFO, and the headings saying "What will you do when UFO's land?"

On news channels last night was this news report about this UFO being shown on national TV around Australia. BTW in Australia...apart from Pay-TV, we have about 5 real TV stations that operate through Australia and everyone has access to.
They are Channel 2, 7 ,9 ,10, SBS (usually channel 28).

Then this morning I saw a Newspaper....one that 1.5 million australiana read each morning....This is in Victoria, Australia....On the front page it had a pic of that UFO, some writing on it, and then there was going to be more writing about it on a diferent page....

The thing is....WHAt the HELL is going on? Are we really being prepared for the arrival of UFO's and those who are in them?

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
The power lines that are blurs are resultant of the resizing of the image. When you get an object that is less than the size of 1 pixel like a really thin power line, photoshop's resizing methods have a tendency to leave a hazy blur to represent the area. The full-size version of this picture likely does not suffer from this visual anomaly. Also, JPEGs attack sharp areas the most as well. Text and well defined areas like power lines would be the first to be screwed up by JPEG compression artifacting. This explains why the power lines are so weird looking.

Thanks for the information and clarifications heelstone.

Still looks fake to me though.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
ahh im not a photoshop/photo expert

but umm it feels fake to me

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Whittlesea is under one of Tullamarine's flight
paths. i reckon the image is either a photoshop
job or just an anomalie. digital cam's are basically
a small image capture poota' and u should see
my monitor and tv freak out when any aircraft
use this particular path, inc 'copters. Jeez. rense
is quick to exploit a simple story

I can't hear some aircraft using the path 'cause
it's about 75km's wide, but i know when a plane
is using it because of the 'static' it lasts about 10
seconds on my monitors both CRT and a laptop
and the tv

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 05:06 AM
link   
ok even if it was a fake, what does the council got to gian by forwarding the pic, to the ufo expert and authurities, cos they'd spot the fake in a sec. i saw the news that day the guy that took it was just a council worker doing his job, so what are trying to do by faking a ufo pic? beside i don't think council workers have that skill to fake something like that!

[Edited on 25-1-2004 by cjlegolas]

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by cjlegolas
ok even if it was a fake, what does the council got to gian by forwarding the pic, to the ufo expert and authurities, cos they'd spot the fake in a sec. i saw the news that day the guy that took it was just a council worker doing his job, so what are trying to do by faking a ufo pic? beside i don't think council workers have that skill to fake something like that!

Two Words... FREE PUBLICITY
The image is very clear, i mean the railway-x, but
it's easy to goon around like this re: photoshop etc
and release the image to the press within hrs.
Free publicity is good publicity!
The image is legit' but the saucer is a simple hoax.
He even got the red warning lights at the right
moment.

[Edited on 25-1-2004 by cjlegolas]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join