It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I rented Hell House!!!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Interesting story..maybe that house should be submitted to Ghost Hunters to check out..

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
Interesting story..maybe that house should be submitted to Ghost Hunters to check out..

Thank you for your helpful
suggestion, but the house
is gone.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I spent most of the day just reading this from page 1. (Which I hardly do when it's a big thread)

Wow I never knew so much could go wrong in such short time. I'm very sorry for the loss of "T". I hope things get better.

Sorry I don't normally reply to threads.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacedeck
I spent most of the day just reading this from page 1. (Which I hardly do when it's a big thread)

Wow I never knew so much could go wrong in such short time. I'm very sorry for the loss of "T". I hope things get better.

Sorry I don't normally reply to threads.

I feel very honored
because of what you just wrote.
you spoke volumes in that
statement. Thank you!

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Janasstar,

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger! And even a broken watch is right twice a day!

Well that would make you one of the toughest people I know. Thank you very much for sharing your story with us. I have been going thru some tough times of late, but on reading about your life I can now see that I have no right to feel sorry for myself, you don't seem to feel sorry for yourself, so what right do I have, huh?

Kudos for your wonderful contribution... I am trying to express my gratitude to you in a fitting way, yet the words aren't coming out... so I am going to do it like this:

This rose is for you, it is for your family, it is for T.

-SB

[edit on 4-10-2007 by sobolwolf]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sobolwolf

I am so touched by your beautiful words
and flower. I will share a mental
image with T, she would love that!

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by janasstar
I will share a mental image with T, she would love that!

Anything for her, anything... it's so strange, I do not know her, I don't even know her name, but I love her, tell her that for me as well. I wish I could have been there, somewhere near for all of her life, to smash those monsters that destroyed her life. To protect her.

Gosh I am ashamed to call myself human sometimes...
In many ways we are much worse than the very animals we call beasts.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sobolwolf

I will share a mental image with T, she would love that!

Anything for her, anything... it's so strange, I do not know her, I don't even know her name, but I love her, tell her that for me as well.

Her name is Tampa! I don't think she would mind in the least for me sharing that with someone who loves her. She got very little while she was here. Thank you. My heart will share that with her.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
For those of you who wish to know more about T
and the struggles she endured as a child, please read my other
thread, Lincoln County Witch
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
This was a good story and i have no reason to doubt you are telling the truth about it. The house I live in has a couple of resident spirits in it but nothing unbearable, and nothing overly exciting happens as a result of it. Sorry to hear about your sister it is always unsettling when someone so young has had that much happen to them.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by janasstar

Wow, great story. You write with a great deal of wisdom and a forthrightness that is appealing and honest. I have a few questions that I will post but I noticed that you were on a minute ago so I will ask this one posthaste; Where exactly was this house located, do you remember the street? I know you said it was on the Dallas/Cherryville highway, the middle of which is roughly at 35°21'24.36"N 81°16'46.23"W. If you have a fairly decent computer you can download google earth and copy paste those coords into the browser.

I also saw you said the house no longer exists. Was it demolished? I'd still be interested to know an exact location. It would be interesting to know for instance, if they demolished the house and then rebuilt over the same spot, would the phenomena be present in the new house? Maybe there is a new family being haunted... *Cue sinister laughter*! This would make a great script for a movie and I haven't even started reading about the witch. I think if we were to tie in some of your childhood experiences with the witch, spin the house in, we could have a blockbuster!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

Now that you mention it, I was telling this story verbally to someone about a yr ago, and they pulled up this google map. I did my best to find it for him, but it's been too long ago. I can't remember any of the connecting roads in the vicinity to pinpoint the area close enough. I wish my sis was pc savvy, but you can't get her to touch one. She has no interest at all.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by janasstar

Was the road the house was on closer to Dallas or Cherryville? Perhaps we can narrow it down.

Edit: Interesting... As I was going along the current highway between Dallas and Cherryville (Highway 279) I noticed a road labeled "Old NC 277 Road". And this is the number you came up with for the highway initially. Curious.

[edit on 10/5/2007 by ExquisitExamplE]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

I think it was much closer to Dallas
as I recall.
because we weren't that far from Gastonia at that point either.

[edit on 10/5/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Jana I too feel deeply saddened at all the problems and hardships you've had, but you've come through them, and I will pray that you continue to do so for the rest of your life, you are much stronger than you think you are.

Regarding the story, I'm of the opinion that many things are related, daemons and aliens and succubi and ghosts, they're all part of an interconnecting thread, as to whether this thread is religious in nature (in so far as it relates to our God), or whether it is scientific (inter-dimensional portals), I can't say either way at present, I suspect though, it is both, what we preceive is not reality as it should be, but reality as we make it (you've seen my 'do we create things' thread).

I would say that daemons are the biggest possibility, again, I think that poltergeist's ARE daemons in that they share some very common characteristics, and are just daemons trapped in a house, perhaps due to exorcism or binding rituals gone wrong that latch onto 11-18 year olds (who have a weaker resistance to them for some reason) and is where they draw their power. The inccubui (male sex daemon) is something of a give-away that this was more than a mere ghost, and they are notorious (daemons) for having the ability to appear in ANY form, so it could purely be the same being, just in different costumes, hoping to pray on everyone's fears (since not everyone finds a baby crying equally unpleasant).

Did this influence your life? Yes, I think so, it certainly made a life-changing problem for Tampa, for which I hope God punishes those beings involved and forgives her for what she thought she had to do.

I too would be interested to see if anything was built over the area or where the crap went, particularly the glasses and bible when the house was demolished, since many poltergeist/ghost latch on to physical materials, particularly treasured keepsakes and can therefore be transported easily to another area - who knows, someone might be having the exact same problem right now as you did those many years ago. I can only hope they are as strong as you were.

I'm off to read the witch story now, so might see you in there!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sobolwolfAnything for her, anything... it's so strange, I do not know her, I don't even know her name, but I love her, tell her that for me as well. I wish I could have been there, somewhere near for all of her life, to smash those monsters that destroyed her life. To protect her.

Gosh I am ashamed to call myself human sometimes...
In many ways we are much worse than the very animals we call beasts.

Weirdly after I read this thread I kinda felt the same way.

One thing I really can't stand is people who pick on girls. Espeicaly if it was someone soo young. Then again I'm only 17. It's like it would would be my job to protect her.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I wanted to reply to this thread earlier, but was logged out and at 3AM needed to hit the sack and regrown torn muscles.

So first, as at the first mention of T in this story, my browser quit.
When I re-launched it I was able to read about her nightly visions which is why I wanted to reply. I have a friend who has been visited by death from a young age.
Here is her website

She'd be able to explain things better than I but I'll give my impression as I see it.
If Death was coming to her nightly it was not to frighten her but an attempt to tell her "I will take you away from your suffering, not tonight, but soon, be patient, take comfort in my presence".

But humans fear death and so a visit by this personifcation is most usually terrifying.
I have been in this powers company several times, the experience was one of frustration instead of terror. "Take me now, I'm sick of this world" has been answered too often by "You know you have long to live and I only come to comfort you in your time of need".

Not literally of course, but a sense... I don't actually have an analogy for it.
Whats the term? Validation, I think.

February is sacred to death. Its the time of year when the earth receives the least amount of sunlight, and humans need this light to maintain their moods. These days suicidal depression can be fended off during this time of year with vitamin D and special lighting, but such was not always the case.

To understand what Tampa wrote before her death, one only has to imagine if you were told in a dream the day, time, and manner of your death...and how it might haunt your waking life where most of the details that have been revealed are blurred by life's distractions.

About the house...All I can say is that the poltergeist activity was more a warning to leave the place before you fell to its sickness, property can be sick in more than supernatural ways, tuberculosis for instance can live for years in a building, radon, formaldahyde, mercury or mold, to name a few threats that can kill slowly or cause mood swings, illness, insanity and/or depression.

If the entities that remained there really wanted to hurt anyone they would have, instead they manifested in ways that presented a threat the same way one might fire a warning shot.

The story is a good one, and It would be great if anything from the place could be documented, even a photo of the sunken foundation would be something for the haunted history books.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Legalizer

You don't know how much I wish that there was some way to document this. I suppose, that Laura or I either one, could pinpoint the property location, if we were there in person.
We both now live in Tx, and don't have the funds for that kind of trip. I have a son who lives in Cleveland County, NC, but I certainly never told him anything about that place. We've had a lot of separation since I married for a third time and moved to Tx. and that was in the 80's.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

reply to post by downunder666

The very last time that I saw that property, there was nothing to see but grass. Everything had been cleared and cleaned up. I'll give you one little bitty hint. I was handpicked by Humphrey Wheeler(former owner) as an honorary Miss World 600 at the Charlotte Motor Speedway in 1973, and this was just prior to that.

I now see why this post was confusing to some. My wording here was terrible. I knew what 'I' was trying to say. I did not mean that the house was torn down and the lot was cleared, just prior to 1973. I meant that the experience of the house happened just prior to 1973. I do apologize for the confusion.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hey Janasstar,

Another great tale in your rough life. My Ma would of called ya "a tough ole broad". I admire ya.
In regards to feeling like ya have to prove it to anyone or not? Why? You lived it and carry the scars inside you. The fact that you shared it all with us is enough for a gracious thank you alone! I don't need proof. It was a personal event. I'll take it as true because of the story itself and your obvious distress during the telling.

Hang in there lady! Don't ever stop being that "Tough ol' broad!"

Cuhail

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join