It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YaeWay Crematorium massacre 9/29/2007

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

"They burned the injured protesters/civilian people in the YaeWay Crematorium."

The staff from crematorium told this, crying, to the people who went to the funeral service.

Please let this known to CNN and BBC.

Thank you!!

This quote comes from our top thread today, Live Riot blog from Burma with Pictures

I thought the subject needed special attention.

THEY BURNED THE INJURED IN THE CREMATORIUM?

A photo followed of a grapefruit sized chunk of brain matter floating in the concrete gutter that was beaten out of a protester.

**my left eye is twitching**

...rationally now.

so,

Is this a mistranslation... were they indeed dead?
What were their names?
How many did they burn?
Who at what level of authority ordered such?

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
[edit on 29-9-2007 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Am I understanding this situation correctly?

There is massive civilian protest
Protesters are confronted with military police holding iron beater bars.
Military beats front line protesters with iron bars.
Handcuffs anyone that falls.

And drags them off to the gas chamber?

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Someone has updated wikipedia with the same information and source...

An audio message from inside Burma says crying crematorium workers say they were forced by soldiers to burn injured (but presumably still living) protestors and civilians to death in YaeWay crematorium.

Is there anything else to confirm this report?

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I hope stories like this help illustrate to the junta their stupidity in maintaining a media blackout. Without accurate reporting, crazy stories easily get accepted as fact, increasing the chaos of the situation.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

...bodies of hundreds of executed monks have been dumped in the jungle, a former intelligence officer for Burma's ruling junta has revealed. The most senior official to defect so far, Hla Win, said: 'Many more people have been killed in recent days than you've heard about. The bodies can be counted in several thousand.
[]
40 monks in the Insein prison were beaten to death today and subsequently burned.
[]
I was ordered to raid two monasteries and force several hundred monks onto trucks. 'They were to be killed and their bodies dumped deep inside the jungle. I refused to participate in this.'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
These blogs are now following the same subject:

answers.yahoo.com...
yourecosource.com...
mparent7777-2.blogspot.com...

The last source mentions this massacre on the 28th:

A troop of lone-tein (riot police comprised of paid thugs) protected by the military trucks, raided the monastery with 200 studying monks. They systematically ordered all the monks to line up and banged and crushed each one's head against the brick wall of the monastery. One by one, the peaceful, non resisting monks, fell to the ground, screaming in pain.

This to me sounds like a systematic genocide over the course of the last 3 days to drive nails into the life of the protest.

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I am trying to confirm the news of the bodies being burnt in YaeWay Crematorium. It is presumably true, but what Col. Hla Win said about dead bodies being thrown into deep jungle is confirmed according to reliable sources.

For all those who are wondering why I know all this, I am Burmese living outside of Burma. I can translate Burmese news into English. That's why I can give a lot of news.

Thanks, Sri Oracle. Yes, the news is really shocking.

Please pray for brave Burmese Buddhist monks and people.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I've been observing Buddhist practise in my private life for 40 years without doing the cerimonials that makes it a religion.

Lately I've been studying Buddha's prescribes in detail. Mainly due to the fact that for close to 10 years now I've been living in a Buddhist country. My confussion as to what Buddhisme is has only grown greater.

Around the Cambodian genocide I started to wonder how it could be in compliance with their religion. I never found any answer.

By living in Thailand I think I have found at least a part answer: ignorence, the lack of proper education, and the control of education by the elite. They don't want anyone but themselves to have any knowledge about the mechanismes the world works by. They want the ordinary man to stay in the dark of superstition performing his rituals of dark magic. Thus controlling and maintaining the fear.

Buddhist nations are a disgrace to world society ...and to Buddhisme. A paradox too hot to touch.

Be sure the soldiers and their superiors commiting the atrocities call themselves Buddhist too.

Sabre Sankhara Dukha.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BetterMyanmar
Thanks, Sri Oracle. Yes, the news is really shocking.

Please pray for brave Burmese Buddhist monks and people.

I keep Buddist prayer flags on my bedroom door.

Please report back with anything you find... I've never met someone that speaks Burmese.

Sri Oracle

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
ok this situation is getting seriously out of hand now. They are attempting a genocide of the Burmese monks.

i know the rules on ATS, but this needs to be said - these fcking a$$hole mongrels need to be stopped. i am furious!!

How can the world just sit back and let this happen? I mean, i know the answer to that, but it still defies belief.

What, dont these people count?

Sadly, i can see howthis will unfold. Mainstream media will provide limited coverage. In 2 years time, someone will be tried, quite similar to Saddam Hussein actually, and will be found guilty of ordering the massacre of at LEAST 500-1000 monks (or worse yet, will be tried for the murder of a small isoloated group).
THis person will hang and the event will be forgotten.

THIS CANNOT HAPPEN!

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
BBC NEWS

Monday, 8 October 2007, 19:56 GMT 20:56 UK

"Burmese Junta Appoints Go-between"

...in one neighbourhood that the army had disposed of the bodies of monks killed during the crackdown by burning them in the local crematorium.

news.bbc.co.uk...

This is the first time I have seen reporting of Burmese body cremation on a "reputable" news site. BBC does NOT mention cremation of injured protesters.

Sri Oracle

new topics

top topics

join