It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEED HELP

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yeah, like some others said, the administrators hear all day long about "I didn't know" or "I didn't do it" although it is plain that they did.

They are looking for maturity. The mature thing to do, is say this.

"I have to say that what I did was wrong. I didn't think so before, but have realized that it is now. I want to take this opportunity to apologize to my teacher and to you. I accept any punishment that you deem appropriate for me. Again, I am sorry."

Short, sweet, and a mind blower for the administration.

They will be impressed that you accept responcibility and respect that. They might even go easy on you since you "learned your lesson"

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Tell her to prove it....

Right now it's your word against hers.

if you didn't quote people, I believe that you were trying to use their words for your own, which is plagarism.

You don't want to own up to it because you know you were wrong.

In the mean time, I believe your fooked.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
My favorite stand by..."My dog hypnotized me and took control of the mouse..."

and then..."he's trying to make me fail so I cant go away to college"

Any of you older folks remember Jeff Burger?...
Hint; auburn quarterback...

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Yeah, like some others said, the administrators hear all day long about "I didn't know" or "I didn't do it" although it is plain that they did.

They are looking for maturity. The mature thing to do, is say this.

"I have to say that what I did was wrong. I didn't think so before, but have realized that it is now. I want to take this opportunity to apologize to my teacher and to you. I accept any punishment that you deem appropriate for me. Again, I am sorry."

Short, sweet, and a mind blower for the administration.

They will be impressed that you accept responcibility and respect that. They might even go easy on you since you "learned your lesson"

You know... I think i am going to quote your statement and i sure learned my lesson the hard way

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
The best you can do is plead ignorance...

Not exactly the credo of the ATS community.

My suggestion....Plead guilty...you may be respected for taking the hit that is deserved.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley

Originally posted by THENEO
The best you can do is plead ignorance...

Not exactly the credo of the ATS community.

My suggestion....Plead guilty...you may be respected for taking the hit that is deserved.

I am standing in a two positions here.... Plead ignorance and and plead guilty. May the third stage of your signature is what i should do

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Now its been a while since i was in school, and we didnt have a school court, but come on how bad can it really be, tell the truth and they will probly make you do another assignment, this time if you cut and paste it make changes to the text so it sounds like you

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I think 'self-evident' has already occurred.

Do what you feel is the right thing,

...but excuses are like......etc.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gollwog
Now its been a while since i was in school, and we didnt have a school court, but come on how bad can it really be, tell the truth and they will probly make you do another assignment, this time if you cut and paste it make changes to the text so it sounds like you

Well...the thing is that at my age, this is what important right now...it may not seem like real important for others.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I think what is being described here is what is called Plagiarism? Not good.
Best thing to do is to do what was mentioned before: admit the mistake and chalk it up to a life lesson.
This was to happen in college and BAM! Class failed....meaning, you will have to make it up...do it again, and BAM! Sit out a semester, which in turn, is not good at all.

Best of luck handling this though...best thing is to be honest and take what comes. Again, its a lesson learned.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
A bad original paper is always better than a good copy.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This has been really helpful for me...Please continue the discussion

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazz

You know... I think i am going to quote your statement and i sure learned my lesson the hard way

No! No! Dont quote him, make sure you change a few words around!

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Plagerism is a bad thing. How would you like it if someone took the credit for something you worked damn hard to write?

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Ah...who am I kidding...Ive done it myself.
Sorry for the lecture.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
i find that you learn the material much better when you actually go through the information which u have and write your own ideas supported by the information, not only will u not get in trouble for cheating you will likely learn it better for later use if it was on a examination or whatever, and if your going to copy off hte internet atleast go through it and change words around and change the big words that u wouldn't use because thats the biggest giveaway! however i would not do this as i would not had in a paper which i was ignorant to the contents of.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Please continue the discussion

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Quoting's cool, as long as he sites the source.

K-R-A-Z-Y-J-E-T-H-R-O
Above Top Secret website
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 26-1-2004 by KrazyJethro]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join