It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats support Affirmative Action

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Why do you think that is?

They are all for equal rights, but yet they are a walking contradiction..

Why do you think that is?

ps: Another example of democratic hypocrisy.

Classic!

pss: Sorry not ALL demos....

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Its not really hypocritacal if you asked me..if you cannot see the reasons behind affirmative action,whether you agree with it or not...then..well...your stupid!!

And for the record im somewhat against it...but only because i dont think it really works...but I would not flame people who want to give this a chance....they are not hypocrits..

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'm a democrat and i'm deadset against affirmative action.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm talking about the politicians.

But since your on topic, why is it that black people especially in detroit, want to be equal to whites, but poo poo on striking affirmative action down?

Affirmative action doesn't make every skin color equal, it gives the opposites!

40 points if your black
30 if your hispanis

(whatever the correct numbers are, i'm not sure)

you get the drift.

If I was a black man i'd be insulted!

I'd rather be treated equal, given the same test, and marked like everyone else on the test. Because i'm not stupid!

Anyone that would subject themself to that kind of racial profiling is a turkey.

It goes against their whole beliefs about equality.

Thanks for calling me stupid, goes to show how quick liberals are to play the straw man and NAME CALL!

Another classic.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Equal Rights.....GOOD
Affirmative Action....BAD!

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Most black dudes I know are not with Affirmative Action. I, along with them, think it lowers the moral of blacks in America. to me, it's a way of saying, "Hey you're dumb. Let me help you." It's a disgrace.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I guess White AA is bad too but it worked for Bush. He got into Yale with Cs.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
Its not really hypocritacal if you asked me..if you cannot see the reasons behind affirmative action,whether you agree with it or not...then..well...your stupid!!

And for the record im somewhat against it...but only because i dont think it really works...but I would not flame people who want to give this a chance....they are not hypocrits..

you wouldn't flame people who want to give it a chance, but you would flame people who don't understand what you think you understand? hmm...

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Colon-el

No matter how you spin it AA=DESCRIMINATION

By the way:
What college did you attend (that means being enrolled in it).

Wait...Let me guess...The School of Hard Knocks!!

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
University of Delaware, if you must know, groupie. Furthermore, why are you sweatin me like some star crazed groupie girl?

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Believe me Bro..I ain't sweatin' you..I just Don't believe 95% of what you utter. (That 95% is giving you the benefit of doubt)

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by krankinkx
Believe me Bro..I ain't sweatin' you..I just Don't believe 95% of what you utter. (That 95% is giving you the benefit of doubt)

First of all, I'm not your bro'. Secondly, you are sweating me like no other, groupie bitch. Finally, for once today, get off my jock.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
My, this sure is a constructive conversation...

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Stop with the liberal BS.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
My, this sure is a constructive conversation...

Listen, I would have one but your repugnant friend sweats me to no end. He doesn't bring anything to the topic but he just wants to know about me..like he's in love with me or something. Its gonna stop in a sec tho.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If you allow me to make my points without making up untruths, it would make the atmosphere in this chat a lot more constructive.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I wish, I wish...

I could slap a few of you.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
In the mudpit, whatever the Colonel says is law.

You should know that by now!

Yes, AA is bad, i've known people passed over for jobs because a black person with less qualifications and experience has been available, however, its possible for a black to be passed over for a white.

These people add more variety to the professional culture mix, it also gives blacks, chinese, latino's and others a chance to succeed.

And i don't agree with the minority term either, america is its people.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
You know when affirmative action comes up? Threads like this, and on AM radio, and cable news/tabloid shows and in blue collar pissing matches in gargages and tatoo parlors across America.

You know where it doesn't come up? Corporate America.

If you are white and "attractive" (not obese, not in a wheelchair, not missing limbs, etc) and truly skilled, gifted or educated in your chosen profession there's not a single Affirmative Action program in existence that will keep you unemployed. In fact, ask anyone against AA to point to real examples of so-called "reverse discrimination" and they scream their hypotheticals even louder.

If you're a mechanic, bagboy or otherwise completely unaffected by Affirmative Action I suggest you visit some corporate websites (OR ASK ME) about living up to the challenge of promoting racial equality. You may be born equal, but it wasn't long ago that your opportunites were patently unequal based on skin color. I'm only 34 and vividly remember being in the car as a child pulling up to gas stations or restaurants with "WHITES ONLY" signs in the window. The fact is, laws don't allow that anymore, but they don't change the minds of those people.

I have been a mid sized employer in four states and have to tell you. AA NEVER COMES UP IF YOU ACT LIKE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO...

~Interview all qualified people
~And hire the MOST qualified regardless of race

It only becomes punative (i.e. oversaw by the government) when you get big enough to matter in a given community where race is an issue (i.e. minorites are prevalent), and you consistently DON'T treat everyone equally.

Saying Democrats are hypocrits for supporting the right thing, just like desegregation is sheer right wing insanity and reversal of progress. And the only reason the AA issue even comes up or gets spun into "reverse racism" at all... is in ISSUE PANDERING by the right wing, and crybaby finger pointing by lazy, untalented whites that have to blame SOMEONE for thier failures in life.

Not only have I been an employer but I've worked with countless enormous corporations and I have to tell you, every single one of them is committed to Affirmitive Action, see no problem, and don't complain.

Those individuals that do complain, quite frankly, sound like inbred mouthbreathers. If you want to guarantee your future unemployment in corporate America, go into your next interview bitching about Affirmative Action.

I've fired more snively little white boy racists for running their mouth more than any other group. And I liked it. May they pump gas forever spewing their racist glory to all who will listen. Or join ATS and add to this thread.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Rant to the resuce!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join