It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TimesONLINE.uk – Web wide News Corp propaganda ALERT!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Lately I’ve encountered a LOT of controversial ATS posts based on articles from timesOnline.uk.

Please keep in mind that TimesOnline.uk is part of News Corp owned by Rupert Murdoch

FOX news is a part of News Corp, thus by default making TimesOnline.uk a direct equavilent of FOX type blatant propoganda machine.

Be aware and regard articles from TimesOnline as PROPOGANDA

Further more, note that the supposedly open topic discuttion on TimesOnline web site is censored and prescreened by site admins, meaning that posts not fittig their criteria are deleted before they are even posted.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I should clarify the situation.

World wide campaign of News Cop to control mass media hit traditional quality of English news reporting really hard. A long list of News Corp buy outs, forced mergers and hostile takeovers pretty much destroyed the traditional quality of British news agencies.

Sky ITV stake: Fair Trading probe
The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has launched a formal investigation into BSkyB's purchase of a 17.9% stake in struggling ITV.
The OFT inquiry will decide whether the recent £940 million investment by Rupert Murdoch's satellite firm in ITV represents a merger which could threaten competition in UK broadcasting.
The shock move by Sky in November scuppered NTL's £5 billion bid for ITV and sparked a furious reaction from Sir Richard Branson, NTL's biggest shareholder.
Sir Richard branded Sky's investment "a blatant attempt to distort competition" and called on the authorities to intervene.
The Virgin boss also said the Government should "stand up" to Mr Murdoch and the dominance of his media empire, which includes The Times, News of the World and Sun newspapers.

www.ananova.com...

ATS members do your part and PRESCREEN news sources you use in “Deny Ignorance” forum.

Be on the look out and do not BLINDLY rely on GENERIC news sources that are nothing more then loudspeakers for PRIVATE corporate interest, and have NOTHING to do with JEURNALISM or news REPORTING!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
A proposal to ATS creators: externally linked news sources should be monitored by “Web Wide News Tracker.”

This is an extension of the following thread in Disinformation section of the ATS;

TimesONLINE.uk – Web wide News Corp propaganda ALERT!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I propose the creation of open source, automated news source origin tracker/search/member option filter, much as topic specific “flag” system already used on ATS.

In such a way the reader will have an automatic prescreen option, and will be able to automatically filter out erroneous and propaganda containing reporting, for example such as ones generated by News Corp media.

Every major news source already has its own designation with well known domain names, thus allowing creation of a simple script which will automatically identify ANY externally linked news source, and assign a corresponding filter tag in member options.

Filter options could be as follows;

Ignore, Allow, and “Propaganda Watch Dog”.

“Propaganda Watch Dog” will allow interested ATS members to specifically focus on identifying such articles, engaging in debate about the propagandist nature of the information/disinformation held with in such articles, and then classifying all such questionable articles into ATS database, with the inclusion of the release data, editor and publisher names.

Such an approach will create a valuable and very usable time line relative data base for ATS user.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Thanks for the head's up.

I have no faith in any establishment that Darth Murdock owns.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
TimesOnline has already been sited for propagandist content, point and case;

Propaganda Times
Posted August 19th, 2007 by jo
The Sunday Times is apparently fabricating.
business.timesonline.co.uk...
Somebody, somewhere, it seems, is desperate to create a ripple of unease or panic or heavyhanded reaction.
Hold steady at the helm, Climate Campers !
Let’s dissect this piece idea by idea for possible "porky pies" :-

Full text : portal.campaigncc.org...

Same should be done here on ATS, where as members we are commited to “Deny Ignorance”!

Let’s get on it!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

Thanks for the head's up.

I have no faith in any establishment that Darth Murdock owns.

My pleasure.

Spread the word about this new timesonline.uk propaganda campaign.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I don't know man.I first read about israel bombing Syria on that website.It was like the first or second website to have it.Also later that day right now the major websites like Faux,CNN,and also the Syrian daily.

So this website was the first to carry the story,or damm close to it.I put it on my favorites but now I will take everything I see with a grain of salt.Although if you compaired it to Fox then it must have valuable information.

I say that because even if it is a lie,it is easy as hell to see what they are trying to get you to think,or what the bigger picture is.By compairing many websites with many opinions and twists to the story,I find you come out with a general idea of what the real deal is.

I also have never heard of your sources before,whats the backround on them?

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
This thread prompted me to do a little digging on exactly how much of what Murdoch owns. It's something I'd always meant to take a look at, but somehow just never did. It didn't take much to dig up a wiki entry (warning, some of this is a bit alarming):

Fox/Rupert Murdoch Holdings - Wiki Entry
Newspapers
News International
News Limited
News of the World
New York Post
The Sun
The Sunday Times
thelondonpaper
The Times

Filmed Entertainment
20th Century Fox
20th Century Fox Animation
20th Century Fox Television
20th Television
Blue Sky Studios
Fox Atomic
Fox Faith
Fox Searchlight Pictures
Fox Studios Australia
Fox Television Studios

US broadcast TV
Fox Broadcasting Company
Fox Television Stations
MyNetworkTV

US cable TV
Fox Business Network
Fox College Sports
Fox Movie Channel
Fox News Channel
Fox Reality
Fox Soccer Channel
Fox Sports en Español
FSN
Fuel TV
FX
National Geographic Channel (50%)
SPEED Channel
SportSouth
TV Guide Network

Fox owned-and-operated stations
KDFW
KDVR1
KMSP
KRIV
KSAZ
KSTU1
KTBC
KTTV
KTVI1
WAGA
WBRC1
WDAF1
WFLD
WFXT
WGHP1
WHBQ1
WITI1
WJBK
WJW1
WNYW
WOFL
WOGX²
WTTG
WTVT
WTXF

MyNetworkTV owned and operated stations
KCOP
KDFI
KTXH
KUTP
WDCA
WFTC
WPWR
WRBW
WUTB
WWOR

Non-US and satellite TV
BSkyB (39.1%)
bTV
DirecTV Group (39%)
Fox Life
Fox Sports en Latinoamérica
Fox Televizija
Foxtel (25%)
FX (UK)
Imedi Media Holding
National Geographic Channel (UK) (50%)
Sky Italia
SKY Network Television (44%)
STAR TV
TV Puls (35%)
XYZnetworks (50%)

Misc. assets
20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
Dow Jones & Company (pending)
Fox News Talk
HarperCollins
National Rugby League (50%)
NDS
News America Marketing
News Outdoor
TV Guide
The Weekly Standard
Fox Interactive Media
MySpace

Myspace??
I knew there was a reason I never signed up for that thing!

Of special note is the number of channels he owns that deal with "opiates for the masses", ie mindless entertainment that (rightly or wrongly) manages to distract the vast majority of the population from the realities of our world.

I also find his involvement with National Geographic to be a bit disturbing as it's one of those institutions that I personally think of as being dedicated to truth and facts.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Project_Silo

I don't know man.I first read about israel bombing Syria on that website.It was like the first or second website to have it.Also later that day right now the major websites like Faux,CNN,and also the Syrian daily.

So this website was the first to carry the story,or damm close to it.I put it on my favorites but now I will take everything I see with a grain of salt.Although if you compaired it to Fox then it must have valuable information.

That’s the point. “Planted” bloggers are often used by FOX networks to spread their agenda by saying “this is what bloggers are talking about”.

It’s called SPIN.

Edit: wrong post

[edit on 17-9-2007 by iskander]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
National Geographic Channel (50%)

I thought the quality and balance of the programs on that channel had declined. This is bad. I used to really enjoy NatGeo. These days they tend to show more Western Propaganda than actual science shows.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Oh wow....pretty much all I can say atm.

iskander,

I know plenty about spin.All I'm saying is this website was the first or close to the first that had this story.And this story is 100% true,this according to every major network and also Syrian news among other Mid East news.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I also find his involvement with National Geographic to be a bit disturbing as it's one of those institutions that I personally think of as being dedicated to truth and facts.

It’s a lot worse then that.

Discovery Communications, LLC is now Discovery Times, because News Corp owns 50% of it. It only takes 1% to own the control packet.

Discovery Times holds an entire family of “educational” TV line up; History, TLC, Animal channel, Discovery Kids, Military Channel, etc.

Discovery Communications names David Zaslav CEO

www.marketwatch.com... 037.6600059954-884713367

David Zaslav, aka “shadow man”, try looking up his credit record…

www.forbes.com...

Zaslav is the second high-ranking NBC executive to leave for Washington in two days, following Randy Falco on Wednesday, who will take over AOL from chief executive Jonathan F. Miller. NBC Universal said last month that it will cut 700 jobs and slash $750 million from its budget by the end of 2008, as it trims costs to pay for expansion into digital delivery of content.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Discovery, TLC and History channels have been very active in the revisionist campaign by placing “rough cut” orders to no name production houses.

“Rough cut” is a term defining a preliminary video edit of any given material, and In the case of typical Discovery, TLC and History channels programming, it has to do with various educational material.

While previously such productions were done by qualified professionals which did research, wrote proper scripts, etc, these days it’s done by temp hires that are given stock room footage tags to slap together in matter of a week or two.

Just pay attention to the end credits of Historical content programming, and you’ll see a vauge “Discovery/History Channel productions” WITH OUT the actual date of production.

They are actually RE-WRITING HISTORY, by simply showing what they want the population to see, and getting rid of the video libraries of the already existing material.

It is also important to point out that programming choice is by far not random. For example, prior to September 11 of this year, other then overwhelming numbers of anti-debunker and pro-commission report pieces were continuously repeated, on EVERY Discovery group channel anti-Nazi pieces were continuously shown, clearly in preparation for another Islamo-Fashist propaganda campaign.

If you guys/gals this is bad, don’t even attempt to figure out what these people are programming our children with, it will freak you out and give you flashbacks.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Knowing that even with simple stories like weather events frequently contain inaccuracies or 'misquotes out of context' I would never trust anything I read in any news paper ....

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Project_Silo, let’s stick to the topic at hand. I’ll respond to you in the proper thread.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

You dont need to believe any one news source, just check them all. Thats the easiest way of finding the truth. Not all newspapers and news sources are owned by Murdoch though I think the whole idea of this thread is alarmist twaddle.
Simply because Murdoch owns a newspaper doesnt mean he controls editorial.

I would believe the Times over any US new source.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by iskander

It’s a lot worse then that.

Discovery Communications, LLC is now Discovery Times, because News Corp owns 50% of it. It only takes 1% to own the control packet.

Discovery Times holds an entire family of “educational” TV line up; History, TLC, Animal channel, Discovery Kids, Military Channel, etc.

Arghhh!! Say it isn't so!!! I might as well cancel my entire education package subscription.

Maybe I'll keep the one with the animals. I don't see how they can use animals for political propaganda.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
Maybe I'll keep the one with the animals. I don't see how they can use animals for political propaganda.

Next on Fox Animal Planet: The threat of Islamic elephants and why they should all be put to death.

Seriously tho, you have to remember that the station is also controlling the advertising/marketing/brainwashing elements that appear during their programming. Fox says Monstanto (and all of it's products including Roundup/Agent Orange) good!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Silo
...it must have valuable information.
I say that because even if it is a lie,it is easy as hell to see what they are trying to get you to think,or what the bigger picture is.By compairing many websites with many opinions and twists to the story,I find you come out with a general idea of what the real deal is.

That is precisely the only way to get the truth these days. Gather as much info as you can and compare various stories. If it's a load of bull, it's not to hard to work out what the motivation behind it is.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Thankfully local advertising laws are rather stringent in my country. Plus, we focus more on locally produced or manufactured items. The slogan goes, "Buy Malaysian Products"

And if it's not local, we have a "Look East" policy, so we get stuff from our ASEAN or Asian partners.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by iskander

Project_Silo, let’s stick to the topic at hand. I’ll respond to you in the proper thread.

I'm on topic lol.Your claiming that website is garbage and I'm saying from what I know it is not at all.They were the very first or among the first to get this,then way later that day every other network has it.Thats pretty damm relevant when your trying to discredit this very website.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join