It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thwarted Airline attack in Tampa?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Thwarted Airline attack in Tampa?

www.canadafreepress.com

During a routine test of the baggage, Transportation Security Administration authorities ran the luggage through x-ray detection and then conducted an explosive trace detection of the bags belonging to the 9 Middle Eastern passengers.

The x-ray of the bags found questionable items inside the luggage, and the explosive trace detection tests resulted in a "positive hit" for explosives -- specifically, SEMTEX, an explosive commonly used by Islamic terrorists.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theaviationnation.com

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I haven't been able to find any major news sources with a report about this. You would think that if what this article states is true that it would be all over the MSM. Of course, with 9/11 just around the corner maybe they didn't want to start a panic. The article also says that they scanned the bags 4 times and they got a positive for explosives each time. It also says that the suspects were released later by Federal Officials. I don't get this one, you would think that they would want to flaunt this " triumph over terror".

www.canadafreepress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-9-2007 by GAOTU789]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I know this is going to be very hard for some to beleive, but i have a feeling that this one may have been a genuine one.

There's a shocker.

At the very least, they deserve to be arrested for being STUPID.

Unless of course, there's a shortage of Vaseline in the Middle East. 3 jars of it strapped together, so i hear.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I agree dg and thats why I don't understand it. One would think that an attack of this nature being stopped would be cause for the US Government to be plastering this all over FOX, NBC, ABC, etc.... But I can't find a mention of it and it appears the FBI are downplaying it.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
What are the chances that this was an airport security test? No reason to make a big media fuss if that's the case. Then again, they probably would make a big media fuss about it since it would have secured a measure of bragging rights.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

According to reports from officials speaking on condition of anonymity, a similar incident occurred at the Orlando airport at approximately 1:00 p.m. on the same day – at the same security checkpoint. On this occasion, it was a female who reportedly possessed some of the same items in her luggage as the previous passengers. In fact, she was a member of the same family, added this source. According to information developed, she was not allowed on the aircraft, although her disposition – in addition to the disposition of the other two Middle Eastern families, remains undetermined at this time.

A closer inspection of the identification possessed by the Middle Eastern passengers determined that three-(3) of the men possessed false or fraudulent credentials. In fact, one of the Middle Eastern men possessed 2 passports with his picture on both, but the passport information was different on each one.

These too comments make me think that this wasn't a drill and was the real thing.

And if it was a drill, I would still think it would get some MSM coverage with the spin on how secure the airports are in America.

I don't know, I am confused on this one. Can anyone verify that this guy is a credible source. The description of the organization can be found here

www.homelandsecurityus.com...

It's the first time I have heard of the NorthEast Intelligence Network so I'm still skeptical of them as a reliable source.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I agree dg and thats why I don't understand it. One would think that an attack of this nature being stopped would be cause for the US Government to be plastering this all over FOX, NBC, ABC, etc.... But I can't find a mention of it and it appears the FBI are downplaying it.

Because when it's not the government, no publicity. You know for a fact that what terrorists want is publicity and make people affraid of them right? So when there's an attack or a ``foiled attack`` and it's big news, who's likely behind the attack and have all the fame? Yes, the government.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
ok let me get this straight...

Middle Eastern passengers with questionable items in their luggage, supposed explosives. Luggage scanned and was thought explosives. Turns out it was a taped up bottle. They were questioned and released? What the....?

how many times have we heard of supposed "suspects" who were detained without bail or charges and stayed in jail for months just for the off-chance that they "could" be a terrorist but were not.

This strikes me as odd.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LordHrodric

The article simply states the suspects 'were released'. It did not say 'released on their own...'.

So, who were they released to? I can think of many different agencies they may have been released to, for further investigation.

If they were, in fact, released on their own; then perhaps they are under surveillance.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by SourGrapes]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LordHrodric

The FBI agent mentioned in the second article is the spokesman for the Tampa area Office. A quick google search showed his name linked to lots of press releases in the area.

It states that one of the passengers had 2 passports. If that's true why would the FBI release him? That's against The Homeland security act isn't it?

I still don't know what to make of this. Very odd indeed.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This occured in Orlando, not tampa.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This whole story makes no sense. They found explosive traces in their bags but they released them? Sorry, I don't buy it. I'm calling hoax on this one.

I'm sure there was a real flight, some real event, but not what is being said in the article.

[edit on 9/12/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Thanks for the correction esdad, my bad. I guess this thread can be closed as you have a ongoing on . I did search before I posted but your thread wasn't in the hits . I'll add my thoughts to your thread.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Not a prob, it worried me at first...

top topics

join