It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Splitting The Red Sea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I believe that when Moses "split the Red Sea" he didn't actually split it as some might think. It is physically impossible to split a sea with a walking stick.

My theory is that this is a prophecy and that Moses represents a revolutionary. I read on another website (I forgot which one), that the water represents the people. So, putting that theory in with mine I believe that Moses (representing a revolutionary) would raise the people to a revolution and guide the people that are willing to accept the truth correctly through a revolution. The other people (the ignorant) would most likely be killed in some way or another (lol). This may be a little confusing to some but tell me what you think.

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by TheCatalyst]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I think thats your opinion...but history and science keep
proving the bible to be relatively accurate...Moses didnt part the red sea...God did it on behalf of his people that
moses was leading. (Moses was doing as he was instructed by God)

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
"My theory is that this is a prophecy and that Moses represents a revolutionary. I read on another website (I forgot which one), that the water represents the people. So, putting that theory in with mine I believe that Moses (representing a revolutionary) would raise the people to a revolution and guide the people that are willing to accept the truth correctly through a revolution. The other people (the ignorant) would most likely be killed in some way or another (lol). This may be a little confusing to some but tell me what you think.
"

That does seem interesting. Sort of Adds the sense of moral to the whole story.

You would think that God might come and atrribute some divine intervention to some lowly folk for the sake of humanity in this day and age, but???

Deep

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberpilot
proving the bible to be relatively accurate...Moses didnt part the red sea...God did it on behalf of his people that

So history and science basically tell you that God split the Red Sea for Moses? Did I get that right?

Excuse me while I hold back laughter..

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

You can't take the Bible literally in some cases, like in this case. You have to "read between the lines" in order to understand it.

Even if the Creator split the Red Sea for Moses, wouldn't the Creator choose an easier path instead of having to split an entire sea???? Oh yeah, science and religion don't go with eachother, science always tries to disprove religion. If this is the case and science always came out on top (I'm going a little off topic) then what is the purpose for religion???

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst
I believe that when Moses "split the Red Sea" he didn't actually split it as some might think. It is physically impossible to split a sea with a walking stick.

My theory is that this is a prophecy and that Moses represents a revolutionary. I read on another website (I forgot which one), that the water represents the people. So, putting that theory in with mine I believe that Moses (representing a revolutionary) would raise the people to a revolution and guide the people that are willing to accept the truth correctly through a revolution. The other people (the ignorant) would most likely be killed in some way or another (lol). This may be a little confusing to some but tell me what you think.

Moses didn't split the red sea with a walking stick. He was given the power and blessing of God to part it. Its not like he just stuck a stick into the water and it seperated. It was done through the power of God.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
He never parted the Red Sea. I remember on the history channel they talked about this. There is a river where an area is only knee deep, and this was referred to as the "Red Sea" at that time period. They believe he crossed there. But... even if this is the case, what happened to the Egyptians that were hot on their heels??

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
There was also a "world event" that may have "aided" in the parting of the Red Sea....a volcanic eruption in the Med. Sea, also, "natural winds"....etc....loads of theories on this.

Also found these articles to add to this discussion:

"Pharaoh's chariots found in Red Sea?
'Physical evidence' of ancient Exodus prompting new look at Old Testament"

Link:
www.worldnetdaily.com...

"SHOW 304: Under and Around the Red Sea"
Link:
www.pbs.org...

Excerpt:

"On a more theoretical front, we meet oceanographer Doron Nof, who believes he can explain scientifically how the Red Sea waters might have parted for the fleeing Israelites, as recounted in the Old Testament."

"The Parting of the Red Sea: Miracle or Natural Event?"
Link:
www.christiancourier.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

So history and science basically tell you that God split the Red Sea for Moses? Did I get that right?

Excuse me while I hold back laughter..

actually there has been some wrinting found in egypt conserning the times of moses and how ( idont know if it was teh whole thing or part of it) an army was destroyed in teh red sea. They have also found artifacts of egyptian officers on the bottom of the red see and chariats(sp?) SO yea the Bible is hisortically acurate and if its not please prove ti wrong because alot have tried and all have failed

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
great find seeker of great find

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Here is another theory concerning the event:

A Russian mathematician says he's come up with a logical explanation for Moses' parting of the waves.

www.ananova.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
OK, for those who don't get it yet. It is a matter of faith. If you choose to believe, that is your free will to do so, you will be blessed...if for nothing more than the fact that you believe (wasn't Christmas more joyous when you believed in Santa?). If you choose not to beleive then go ahead, don't believe, that's your stance and if you're happy with your opinion...But I do not understand those that are determined to "disprove" any religion...more specifically Christianity. Why don't you disprove Budha, or Muhamed...just something other than the Bible? Besides it always seems to be slanted at Christians and not Jews?
I believe God split the Red Sea and Moses led his people through the dessert to the promised land...I also believe God has led me through my own personal dessert. Why is that so wrong in some people's eyes? I found peace in my faith...lets trash some other religion for once.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Moses gave the hebrews heaps of '___'... case closed

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst

Are you infact saying that you believe that the event recorded is infact a great ambush? Perhaps you aren't far away from the truth, but I still believe it really happened. God has a tendency to use miracles such as this to underline prophetic events. By prophetic I don't nessasarily mean predictions or future events, but events directed by God. There are always symbolic sides to what God does when he performs miracles. It's also important to remember that Moses didn't do anything by himself.

BTW. Water is symbolic for many things. More than just people. It is often used to discribe wisdom and books and sometimes even of the Son of God or even God himself. There are many things water is used as a metaphor for in the Bible and elsewhere.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamaship
OK, for those who don't get it yet. It is a matter of faith. If you choose to believe, that is your free will to do so, you will be blessed...if for nothing more than the fact that you believe (wasn't Christmas more joyous when you believed in Santa?). If you choose not to beleive then go ahead, don't believe, that's your stance and if you're happy with your opinion...But I do not understand those that are determined to "disprove" any religion...more specifically Christianity. Why don't you disprove Budha, or Muhamed...just something other than the Bible? Besides it always seems to be slanted at Christians and not Jews?
I believe God split the Red Sea and Moses led his people through the dessert to the promised land...I also believe God has led me through my own personal dessert. Why is that so wrong in some people's eyes? I found peace in my faith...lets trash some other religion for once.

I would guess that, in the US at least, it is because a lot of people feel that Christianity is shoved down their throats so they lash back by trying to disprove it. In a Muslim country, athiests/agnostics would lash out against Islam, in a Jewish country, they would lash out against Judaism. It's a matter of location, location, location. Well, that, and constantly being told all sorts of wonderful things like "non believers will burn in hell" and "non-christians are wrong", which are two things I hear said a lot in my area. Eventually, those things will get to a person and cause them to slander a religious group.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
What about this? Every year in ancient Egypt they flooded the Nile river (and we don't know anything about which sea or river was parted). What if Moses knew about this and chose his time wisely. You see in the Nile, the Egyptians had made great dams which regulated the waterflow in the Nile. The Ankh cross, often refered to as the Key of the Nile, was infact a real key. And it was this key they opened the sluises with once a year in order to keep the areas around the Nile fertile and green by flooding the area. There is a mention about how the water stood as a wall etc. What if the Jews were infact the vendors and builders who made this dam, and thereby had all the knowledge about how it worked etc. What if they chose their time to fit with this annual flooding, or what if they had kept a key for themselves?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
english.pravda.ru...

science explains much as this can be too

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
That's really cool. If it was true. But I'm not sure I believe it.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The whole point of God dividing the Red Sea was to prove to Moses people how much god loved them thats why Catalyst he did do the hard things in the Bible to create belivers

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reap
The whole point of God dividing the Red Sea was to prove to Moses people how much god loved them thats why Catalyst he did do the hard things in the Bible to create belivers

And when we die, we get to live in a paradise garden forever and ever. We get to see everyone that died and we also get to live forever with God. I get to talk to god, but so does the other billions of people that ever lived ( sounds like a long line). We also have to be judged on everything we ever did wrong in our whole entire life--yeah especially all those times you had impure thoughts.
This would be the biggest miracle of all, K?
People have to believe this religion conspiracy to be true, because the alternative is inconceivable to them.
I on the other hand choose accept the "old dirt nap" theory.

OH boy I hope I dont goto hell for that. I hear it rains fire and your soul is tortured by monsters forever and ever there

--Kris

new topics

top topics

join