It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales Resigns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   

U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales Resigns

New York Times

WACO, Tex., Aug. 27 — Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales, whose tenure has been marred by controversy and accusations of perjury before Congress, has resigned. A senior administration official said he would announce the decision later this morning in Washington.

Mr. Gonzales, who had rebuffed calls for his resignation, submitted his to President Bush by telephone on Friday, the official said. His decision was not immediately announced, the official added, until after the president invited..
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I am somewhat surprised by this, but only because I thought it would have already happened a long time ago.

The big problem that plagued the Bush administration was his reliance on his old cronies from Texas rather than getting the best advisors he could find.

New York Times
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/27/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Quoting my post on another thread....

Originally posted by Infoholic
This is both thought provoking (why continual resignations *if* they do nothing wrong) and pleasing (since we all know *or have a good idea* of their wrongdoings).

I'm very please to see A.G. go.... but what concerns me now, is who will Bush appoint to take his place?

[edit on 8/27/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Watching all of Bush's people drop like flies makes me happy. Not that they're really dropping like flies because flies would fall on their back with their legs in the air, shrivel up and die, which I would prefer of the Bush administration.

However, now that we see the people leaving like rats on a sinking ship, I hope it means that the people are seeing that a major overhaul is necessary for the next term.

But maybe that's just what they want us to see. It's all part of an NWO scheme

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
RUN RATS RUN THE BOAT IS SINKING SAVE YOUR SORRY LITTLE ASSES.

Whose next... don't push get in line and wait your turn... Ms Rice?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Excellent News!! Questions: Can Cheney grab/hold the office of Attorney General in the interim? Is there a constitutional guard in place to prevent this and have any of the presidential directives and executive orders made that a possibility?

It seems like all of Bush's cronies are jumping ship.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Its about time that this YES man for the current traitor in chief got the boot; he is resigning because he is about to be indicted on perjury charges, I hope. This whole administration is nothing but a RICO violation on steroids; blatantly illegal, liars and murderers, scum of the worst sort.

Bush and Cheney belong in the Haugue on war crimes charges and to be thrown into prison for life, at the least. They are traitors to the Constitution and have violated every law that we have. From 9-11 to torture and stealing trillions, these Bush gangsters have destroyed America ; we are on the brink of martial law and losing our nation, and it can be layed on Bush'e doorstep.

Cheney is the inside guy for the coup by the shaodw govt. he is a main player, and part of the worst set of criminals this nation has ever seen.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Another rat from the ship. This really IS starting to get interesting that they are all leaving at the same time.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Yeah, I think he was holding out until he received his medal of freedom before resigning.

Actually, I think maybe the hold out was to keep democrats busy so they wouldn't have time to work on impeachment. Maybe now they do.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Thanks DJ77 for the news, I am very pleased that finally he leave the boat, like any other good captain he lasted as long as he could backing off his friend and president.

But he has done enough damage to this country already with the spying on American citizens.

Too bad all this people that has so much to answer to this nation are to be free of any repercussions, the president executive privilege will make sure of that.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77 The big problem that plagued the Bush administration was his reliance on his old cronies from Texas rather than getting the best advisors he could find.

So...does that mean it's a good or a bad thing that Chertoff is next at bat? Personally, I'd pack.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
So...does that mean it's a good or a bad thing that Chertoff is next at bat? Personally, I'd pack.

I don't know where this Chertoff talk is coming from, it seems highly unlikely to me that Bush would appoint him as AG. That would mean two confirmation hearings since he'd have to be replaced at DHS with a hostile Congress.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I like the way these officials get to choose between resignation or criminal proceedings most of the time. Surely if the evidence is there of wrongdoing then they should be prosecuted according to the law, the same as any other citizen would be - perhaps with heavier sentencing based on their high public office and level of deceit

There sure do seem to be a large number of GWB's cronies jumping ship right now though. One wonders what it is they know but are not telling

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77 I don't know where this Chertoff talk is coming from, it seems highly unlikely to me that Bush would appoint him as AG.

Hey, you guys have 'political enemies lists'...we have 'Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition'...what do I know?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Could it have anything to do with this?

If the sources are to be believed, U.S. President George Bush’s government will resign, before his term expires

Benjamin Fulford website

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The Gonzales resignation has many implications. Here again, I would not be surprised to see the hand of Karl Rove. Yes, Alberto wants to avoid another spanking at the hands of the Senate judiciary committee (contempt charges for evading questions while under oath), but he also wants to avoid coming clean about that wacky domestic spying program that was NEVER certified by the Justice Department.

So, what else can he do? If Mr. Bush decides to NOT appoint a replacement, the DoJ is handicapped for theresto f his Presidency. That CAN mean that it'll be much harder to prosecute Bush cronies. It can also mean that a long list of Federal investigations in to Bush's dealing will get de-railed. It its own twisted way, this move makes good defense tactics for the embattled President.

It's worth noting that Congress would have to confirm the A.G.'s successor, which means they would wnat somebody who wouldn't necessarily be 'loyal' to Bush. they'd want somebody to keep "the decider" in check. That's why its in Bush's better interest to NOT appoint a replacement.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This looks to be more of the same from this administration of "unaccountability".

This is absolutely disgusting. These guys are completely ABOVE the law right now and no one can touch them.

Congress attempts to subpoena - the White House uses Executive powers to keep their people from being questioned.

This was the same crap with Libby. They learned their lesson this time though and will just get rid of Gonzales.

The scary thing is that EVEN IF these guys were tried and convicted then they just have a big ol' pardon waiting for them at the end of the rainbow. This is an insult to the general public.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Chertoff to get nod from White House

This is where all the Chertoff talk is coming from! GREEEAAAAAAT. More of the same...

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

I don't know where this Chertoff talk is coming from, it seems highly unlikely to me that Bush would appoint him as AG. That would mean two confirmation hearings since he'd have to be replaced at DHS with a hostile Congress.

looks like you spoke too soon...

Chertoff is likely to be nominated to succeed Gonzales.

CNN

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I see what you mean Justin, interesting, I guess the corruption surrounding the Bush administration will stay as secret as this president government has been.

But will congress still goes after the presidents men and women anyway?

Personally I doubt it, Democrats are to busy working on their own agendas specially reelection agendas to bother anymore.

BTW TruthWithin, For some reason every time I see Mr. Chertoff I guess the most weird feeling that he is a very dangerous human being with some sinister secret.

I guess is just the way I feel.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join