It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Typical Dialogue: JREF'er vs Truther

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
BE ADVISED: This is for illustration purposes and is a hypothetical dialogue. Hope they take that as a disclaimer I would die laughing if they debunked me for this. See below

Archie Duhbunker: Truther you have shown me no facts and you obviously don't know the report because you haven't read it. You have shown me no facts to support your lies.

Truther: HUH? I don't have to see all that NIST stuff to know the truth. I can tell just by looking at the video.

Archie DuhBunker: Yeah who made the video Dylan Avery?

JREF Peanut Gallery laughs at silly truther and ridicules him with extreme prejudice and the usual intellectual snobbery they are known for.

Truther: Ok here is the video from the security cam of the hardware stores cash register. You see a sale on half inch size drill bits at the impulse buy basket.

Archie DuhBunker: ah HA! YOu have been debunked! LOOK AT THE NIST DRILLBIT SALES REPORT! IT SAYS RIGHT THERE 3000 Half inch size drill bits were sold. Your own video shows people buying them! Only an uneducated person would think they didn't really want them as the reason they bought them. The real truth is they bought them because thats what they wanted.

Truther: that doesn't mean they really wanted them.

Archie DuhBunker: what are you blind? The NIST SALES REPORT SAYS THEY PAID FOR THEM. Only a truther could think this is some conspiracy that they bought them against their will. What mind control rays made them buy things they really didn't want?

Truther: No,, no I didn't see anyone wearing any tinfoil hats It's just that you aren't considering what is obvious to most us truthers and the simple obvious is to us the very thing that obscures most jref'ers from seeing the truth. The ego and your belief that you are so much more intelligent gives you too much of a reputation to live up to thus too much ego to protect.

Archie DuhBunker: Oh you obviously need training in remedial math and observation skills. No one is making them buy them truther. No one has a gun to there heads. The NIST sales report clearly shows a sale for everyone of the 3000 half inch size drill bits sold. Your video even corroborates the exact number of sales to every purchaser. I know the truth and all those who bought those half inch size drill bits REALLY WANTED THEM!

Truther: I'm sorry Duhbunker,, you are wrong

Archie DuhBunker: Ok tell me truther, how many really wanted them?

Truther: well,, NONE of them it's right there in the video and if you could see past your conventional thinking , you would see that.

Archie DuhBunker: GaH! OMG,, It's critical thinking WE use truther! Thats why I despise truthers they are all spreading lies as the real truth. The Official NIST report CLEARLY SHOWS THAT THOSE 3000 HALF INCH SIZE DRILL BITS WERE PURCHASED AND YOUR VIDEO SHOWS PEOPLE BUYING THEM AND YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT NONE OF THEM REALLY WANTED THEM? How can you prove they didn't really want them when all the evidence shows they bought them. NO PHYSICAL EVIDENCE SHOWS ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY AND THOSE CUSTOMERS HAVE THE PHYSICAL EVIDENCE IN THE FORM OF THOSE 3000 HALF INCH SIZE DRILL BITS THEY BOUGHT TO PROVE THAT IN FACT THEY REALLY WANTED THEM.

Truther: sigh,, you're wrong and as usual you JREF'res are J ust R eal E ducated F ools

Ya see the Real Truth is duhbunker,

what they REALLY wanted,,

was Half Inch Holes.

Now that is

the TRUTH

-=[conspiriology]=-

[edit on 25-8-2007 by Conspiriology]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Maybe you could repeat that in english please?

I'm sorry but that made no sense. At all. What's all this about drill bits?

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
hehe, good story. I enjoyed it.

That's true when someone buys a half inch drill bit, what they "really" want is a half inch hole. Very clever.

btw, is JREF a real term? if so what does it mean? Does it stand for Just real educated fool like you wrote, or is that a joke as well?

Just trying to get my terms down, because I've never heard of the term before.

What I'm getting at is it a term used by the truth movement to describe debunkers ect, and does it have a more well normal meaning than Just real educated fool?

Again good story, I'll have to tell that one to some friends and family, it's almost a riddle/joke type of thing. again very clever.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightworker12

Its actually quite an excellent analogy.

You see, the desire was never for a 1/2 inch drill bit, the desire was for a 1/2 inch hole.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

You see, the desire was never for a 1/2 inch drill bit, the desire was for a 1/2 inch hole.

Surely the actual desire is something to fit in a 1/2 inch hole, and then that asks why you want the thing that you want to fit in the 1/2 inch hole, and it goes on almost indefinitely.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by apex]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213

btw, is JREF a real term? if so what does it mean? Does it stand for Just real educated fool like you wrote, or is that a joke as well?

Just trying to get my terms down, because I've never heard of the term before.

www.randi.org...

James Randi Educational Foundation.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Ah but now you are using fuzzy logic. The function of a 1/2in drill bit is to drill a 1/2 inch hole.

You are speculating on what will be done with the hole.

Typical truther.
/sarcasm
I think you get the point however.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I avoided the JREF forums for a very long time because alot of the conspiracy believers demonized them all the time. Not necessarily on this forum, but in general. What a mistake that was! I was almost a believer myself until I found that place.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by Boone 870]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   

seeing that everyone else understood it and responded in english, perhaps it is you that needs to brush up on your understanding of the english language. I understand, it's like when you are driving,, it's always the way the other guy drives. If you don't understand something, it must be the other guy doesn't speak english.

This may also be why it made no sense at all. Had you read the disclaimer, you would have been aware of this as a hypothetical conversation posted on a forum. It is much like those I see so often on JREF James Randi Education Foundations forum. I assume you have seen it and are perhaps a member?

If I can be of further assistance,,

I check back frequently.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by Conspiriology]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   

It wasn't the drill bit or hole it was the desire that needed a hole drilled...

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   

How does one drill a hole in desire? Is desire a gas liquid or solid?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boone 870
I avoided the JREF forums for a very long time because alot of the conspiracy believers demonized them all the time. Not necessarily on this forum, but in general. What a mistake that was! I was almost a believer myself until I found that place.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by Boone 870]

Mmmm perhaps that explains why they villafy truthers so often. So you found that place and now you don't believe.

In what may I ask?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology
[
How does one drill a hole in desire? Is desire a gas liquid or solid?

The desire was a need or want, and a drilled hole was required to get it.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Ah but now you are using fuzzy logic. The function of a 1/2in drill bit is to drill a 1/2 inch hole.

Typical truther.
/sarcasm
I think you get the point however.

No actually,, your mind reading skills may need some work. Also your assertion I am using fuzzy logic is ,,, well,, fuzzy.

I haven't seen anywhere in my story an indication I am speculating what they are going to do with the hole. Only they wanted them.

So when you can point that out I'll disregard the "typical truther" comment.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   

The desire was a need or want,

Oh yes I know what desire means.

and a drilled hole was required to get it.

I think I established that in my very first post

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

So when you can point that out I'll disregard the "typical truther" comment.

But at least there are hard facts to speculate. You have a drill bit and a hole, so YES we actually have real facts to start our investigation.

Now let’s say someone just told you that they saw someone buy a drill bit and another person showed you a fuzzy picture with a dark spot in the center and said "it is a fact that this is a 1/2 hole".

Now you ask "can I see the drill bit and how do you even know it is a hole and not just a black spot"? And the guy says "how can you not understand empirical data when you see it"? And you just say "just show me the drill bit and the hole and I'll believe"

Now the guy gets all frustrate because he can't show you either for he just heard there was a drill bit and he only has the black dot picture as proof for a 1/2 hole. At this point you now make his ignore list and he goes back to the group that agrees with him so no more facts are needed beyond what he thinks he has to explain the drill bits and hole.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Surely the actual desire is something to fit in a 1/2 inch hole, and then that asks why you want the thing that you want to fit in the 1/2 inch hole, and it goes on almost indefinitely.

Yeah yeah that's alot of it too. I see them start a thread,, then by the next day or so they re splitting hairs about what ever the topic is.

Sorry if my attempt at jocularity didn't meet it's intended objective.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Umm and this would be testable and unfalsifiable?

LOL No no j/k

Not a bad analogy off the cuff like that though..

The thing is,, Had I just said, ya know if you want a half inch hole you need a half inch size drill bit. That would have gotten the typical "Ya THINK!" or " NO #!" and,, well that wouldn't have been any fun.

= )

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
All I can say is that most people who refuse to believe its an inside job, have positions of authority, and those who dont seem to be of similar mindsets..always climbing the ladder, not realizing they are decending..anyhow I purport 9-11 was possibly a massive event many knew about, no one talked about until it happened, former military? marxist cou? NWO cou? same things? different? i dont know if my words are even right, im just saying it on the table as a possibilty.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastermind77
All I can say is that most people who refuse to believe its an inside job, have positions of authority, and those who dont seem to be of similar mindsets..always climbing the ladder, not realizing they are decending..anyhow I purport 9-11 was possibly a massive event many knew about, no one talked about until it happened, former military? marxist cou? NWO cou? same things? different? i dont know if my words are even right, im just saying it on the table as a possibilty.

I'm sure there are some here that would appreciate your saying it is "ALL you can say" but if I may,, would you be so kind as to indulge me this query as to your own fixed opinion?

Do you refuse the postulate that it may NOT have been an inside job?

Just curious,

top topics

<<   2 >>

join