It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Loss of Freedom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
PART TWO HERE

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by clearmind]

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I fear this is only the very small beginning ... just need a little "terrorism" to push it along ...

[Edited on 16-1-2004 by tmrh]

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Yep clear, I have to agree that there are just so many people who either dont care or are to brainwashed into thinking that everything is fine and we've nothing to worry about, as our government will take care of us. Nothing I believe could be further from the truth, and I am coming slowly to the realization that it may just take a major occurrence like martial law or something along those lines to wake people up, and hopefully by then it wont be to late!

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
you hit it on the head tracer...we hope it wont be to late...before enough poeple have waken up to the truth of what is really happening in the u.s. today. we are country in change for the worst but wont admit it.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
On the night of the Sept. 11, President George W. Bush made a promise to the nation. Now, he is dangerously close to breaking it.
He said, "Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America." What else was this country founded on if not freedom? Since the attacks, our most basic freedoms have come under fire. The worst possible repercussions that could have come out of the attacks are becoming more and more prevalent.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
very well stated killerd. i think for most people, they for some reason, don't see that..it is baffeling. the terrorist have allready done their damage and can sit back and watch the u.s. implode...

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Superb post, clearmind.

We're left with the following question: When is enough enough? I fear the American public will never show (much needed) opposition to these ball-and-chains deviously being attached to our freedoms. ::spits::

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Yes Mr Bush can you tell us why our freedoms have come under attack, are you man enough or willing to explain to the American people just exactly why we have such garbage as the Patriot Act or the follow up known as the Victory Act, just whose Victory is it or who are the Patriots that you speak of in the Patriot Act, come on Mr President please make it clear and simple to the American people exactly what it is that you are trying to accomplish, after all I thought we are supposed to be all on the same side, but now you really make me wonder!

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Mad props clearmind, that is easily one of the best posts I've read in a long time. If I still had votes left for this month, you'd have at least one.

Like tmhr, I also think that this is just the beginning. Like Bangin, I also wonder when the people will say enough is enough. I honestly wonder how many people even realize what is going on all in the name of "security" and "freedom".

Anyone ever been stopped at one of those roadblock checkpoint jobbies? They suck. I was stuck at one for over an hour once. Luckily, my manager let it slide because I was held up via cops on a powertrip. Around here, they use those things to check cars for drugs, guns, etc., not to get information about a crime that was recently committed.

When will the Amerikan public come to terms with the fact that the freedoms we have now are about to become transparent and meaningless? How much longer until all the freedoms we had even 10 years ago are gone?

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind

8) Drug testing. 4 years ago drug test was relatively unheard of. Now it is standard for
even the most menial jobs.
Don�t laugh...5 years ago nobody thought a pre-employment drug test would be the status quo.

Almost 8 years ago I had to take a drug test to be a bagger at a store. Since then, that market chain has discontinued drug tests because so many potential employees weren't passing them. Now they only do drug tests if you injure yourself on the job.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by worshipthemoon

Originally posted by clearmind

8) Drug testing. 4 years ago drug test was relatively unheard of. Now it is standard for
even the most menial jobs.
Don�t laugh...5 years ago nobody thought a pre-employment drug test would be the status quo.

Almost 8 years ago I had to take a drug test to be a bagger at a store. Since then, that market chain has discontinued drug tests because so many potential employees weren't passing them. Now they only do drug tests if you injure yourself on the job.

The place I quit in October did the same thing. They quit piss testing because they kept running out of people to work, then they only started piss testing if you got injured at work.

Yesterday I had to take a piss test to prove that I'm able to work at Wal Mart, how much fun is that.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
online with the last couple posts...why is it that when a new company is starting up, they tend not to drug test. Once they have a sizable workforce, then they start. I've worked for 2 companies that did this. I think many more people use drugs than will ever admit it and a companies know that, unless u are using at work, drugs don't affect job performance. like you need a drug test to answer phones, bag groceries ect. there has to be some type of tax break or $$ involved going back to the company. it isn't cheap to drug test...40 million tests a year..somebody is making heaps of cash. now they want to do hair, salivia tests?! some hair test can go back 3 months...why should a company be concerned about what u may or may not have done 3 months ago?!!! here's something to ponder....why is it that all the low paid workers get drug tested?? do CEO's get tested?? how about the pole-leaz, they are around alot of drugs, carry guns, drive city/state vehicals but there are no random drug tests. just about every other 'driving' job has random drug testing......hmmmmmm

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Thomas Jefferson would be rolling over in his grave.

I wonder how many of the founding fathers would be leading another revolt today?

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I really dont see the American people wakin up until maybe they see troops in their streets, knockin on the door wantin their weapons, and such like that and only hope that they have a plan of action when it comes to that!

BTW this is an excellent post clear, sure hope it may reaches a few of the people who need to hear it!

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by tracer]

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

really dont see the American people wakin up until maybe they see troops in their streets, knockin on the door wantin their weapons, and such like that

I am an american and I am sad to say that I agree. I sometimes think that maybe we are unworthy of freedom anymore. Those in power keep us underthumb and off gaurd with this horse and pony show we call the two party system while they control BOTH parties and most are too stupid to see. Republicans against the democrats, whites against the blacks, muslims against christians and jews, strights against the gays,etc. Divide and conquer, the oldest trick in the book and we cant put aside our petty differences long enough to see that we are dancing like puppets on a string.

It makes me sick

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The land of the apathetic and home of the hesitant or the land where good men have done
nothing. Americans have become very complacent with their lives. They work their 60 hours
aweek, take their 3% raise a year, take their 5 days off a year, get less and less $$ for the work
they do and say �Thank you sir, may I have another.� Between the govt and �big business�
Americans don�t stand a chance to continue to have a life of freedom. You say �But I am free to
come and go as I please, to buy what I want, to do what I want, I vote for who I want, the
authorities don�t hassle me, I haven�t been pulled over by a cop in years.� It always starts slowly.
You don�t see mountains form, contenents move, grass grow, air flow, freedoms taken away. This
is a very crucale time in America and it is moving forward without being noticed just like
somebody that steps out on their porch, looks at the grass and says � I don�t see it growing,
nothing is happening.� They say �I�m gunna keep on eye on it� and step out on thier porch
everyday, and everyday they do not see anything happening. Then one day they, weeks later, they
notice that it sort of looks longer and decide to cut it. Then the process starts over because they
did not see it grow. That is America today.

LAX

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
tracer, i think your 100% right, only i dont think they could ever get away with taken the peoples weapons, to many would revolt, even people in the military i would tend to belive would revolt.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   
23 million for random high school drug testing.....has the public education system falls apart this in the govt's answer. What are they going to do with the kids that are caught?? will the parents be responsible?? think of all the other reasons parents are held responsible for the actions of their kids. the kids and probably the parents will have to see a counseler and more testing, which will be sponsored for by the govt. See how the govt is ever so slowly digiing into all of the creaveses of your personal life. This is just another attempt or excuse for the govt to begin monitoring its SUBJECTS

totalitarian : Designating a form of government in which one party exercises absolute control
over all spheres of human life and opposition is outlawed.

republic: a country governed by the elected representatives of its people

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
www.newsmax.com...
Gun control and lack of trust in the goverment leads to stockpiling weapons!
here are about 240 million guns in America according to Federal estimates, a total that gives the country one of the highest per-capita rates of gun ownership in the world. For gun-rights proponents, the large numbers of guns are a reflection of a fundamental freedom and a sign of national strength.

Gun-control advocates view the statistic as a cause for national shame, the easy availability a factor in the 750,000 deaths by firearms since 1960 and in violent episodes like the killings earlier this year at Columbine High School in Colorado and a Jewish community center in Los Angeles.

The debate over gun rights continues in Congress, in statehouses and in the Federal courts, where a Texas case may well wind its way to the Supreme Court as a landmark test of whether the Second Amendment to the Constitution specifically gives individuals, and not just state militias, the right to bear arms.

But the fight over the guns, the numbers and the laws often overlooks some surprisingly basic questions: Who owns all these guns, and why?

Some criminals, of course, steal guns or buy them illegally with the intent to intimidate or to kill.

This gallery of portraits, assembled by Sarah Weissman, picture editor of the Week in Review, reflects gun owners (all those pictured say their guns are legal) who offer a range of other reasons for owning a weapon: for sport, for hunting, for collecting, for self-protection (against rattlesnakes as well as human intruders), for sentimental reasons and as a financial investment.

And one man, asked to complete the sentence that begins, "I own guns because . . ." answered, simply: "I can."

new topics

top topics

join