It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's Big Box pot factory!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
LOL! This has been news up here in Toronto now for much of the past week. A large hydro pot operation was found in a closed down brewery about one hours drive north of the city. It may be the biggest hydro operation ever assembled!

Certainly the numbers are impressive, over 3000 plants at the main location and word came out today that other sites were tied to this factory too. Search warrants have been issued on other large buildings in the area too so this operation could end up being about 50% bigger than originally though.

here is a link for news:

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The link said 30,000 plants were seized.

I bet you could smell the place a mile away. "oooh that smell"

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
"...can't you smell that smell?"

i wonder what they have planned for all of that beautiful bud? maybe a public burning. everyone take a deeeeeeeeeeeep breath

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Pot Factory? You mean the narcotic 'pot'? If so, that means its time to go hunt some leftist treehuggers in Canada and impose extremly strict drug laws up there!

Yankee Dodlee came to town riding on a tank...

[Edited on 15-1-2004 by Taxman]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   

They were actually growing the plants inside the beer vats.25 to be exact which allready had inplace a ventilation system used for the beer process so you wouldn't smell a thing!

They were caught by the amount of empty pizza boxes & Dorito's bags laying around outside the building.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
So is the factory shut down and the criminals arrested and be sent to jail for the rest of their lives?

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The plant is shut down , and all but one is out on bail.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Whats gonna happen to it?
Some of it will be destroyed, but not before all the hypocrytes that are so quick to slap the cuffs on you line their pockets with their share of the goods.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Sad but...............true!

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
They should be sent to prison for life, remanded bail. No drugs, even pot should be allowed. They all kill just like smoking or drinking. Which if you cannot stop beer, its been tryed. You can ban smoking though by taxing the hell out of it.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
You abviously don't live in Canada. Some provinces you pay over 10$ per pack and it's only slowing it. And yes I smoke- 7.50$.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taxman
They should be sent to prison for life, remanded bail. No drugs, even pot should be allowed. They all kill just like smoking or drinking. Which if you cannot stop beer, its been tryed. You can ban smoking though by taxing the hell out of it.

Really?
Tell that to all the cancer and aids patients that have to go to these people because brainwashed people like you stay ignorant and mis-informed by choice.

Beer?
Beer can be stopped! Easier than Pot.
Pop a seed in the ground and grow a plant!
You know how to grow beer?
Hint: Ya got to brew it.

Explain exactly how, you can stop smoking by taxing it?
this makes no sence what so ever.
You will never be able to stop pot so ya might as well stop trying!
Believe what you want tho, everything kills you man, Pot just makes it hurt less.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I've heard on tv that Canada is starting to be considered as one of the country producing the biggest ammount of pot yearly.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
I've heard on tv that Canada is starting to be considered as one of the country producing the biggest ammount of pot yearly.

Well if you believe the UN, then you'll know that the country that produces the most cannabis is the United States. Border clamp downs, searching every bag that comes into the country from abroad, Peggy Conlon saying "if you use drugs, you're a terrorist," they all contribute to the United States massive domestic cannabis crop.

I suspect that this crop out of Ontario will never see it to market. Canadians have had a huge glut in their weed supplies ever since the clamp down, financial rewards awarded to those northern cops will be minimal.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The smell would've been a hell of a lot better then the smell produced when the buildings were still being used as a brewery. Damn, they smelled like rotten eggs.
It was funny to hear about it though, I drive by Molson Park a couple times a week. They're having one hell of a time figuring out how to dispose of all the plants, too. they can't decide whether they should burn or bury.
About 2 years ago there was a big bust about 45 minutes North of Barrie, near Orillia, and they buried all the plants in a dump, and most of them ended up being dug up by people who'd found out where they were buried. LOL

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
parrhesia,

I remember that well, people picking pot out of the Orillia dump. I think that some people actually got some good amounts and got away with it too. I wonder how they found out where it was? Had to be from an insider if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Wouldn't they spray it with a toxic chemical first?

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
parrhesia,

I remember that well, people picking pot out of the Orillia dump. I think that some people actually got some good amounts and got away with it too. I wonder how they found out where it was? Had to be from an insider if you ask me.

I think I recall hearing that people got some good amounts as well, THENEO. It definitly made them reconsider how they dispose of plants now. It could've been an insider telling people, which wouldn't have been surprising. I can just picture people digging through the dump looking for plants lol.

I was reading an article about the disposal of the plants from the recent bust, and they were talking about if they were going to burn them, they would also have to deal with people who find out and come to try and get a whiff, and stand downwind from the fire. haha

baked, I don't think they sprayed them in chemicals. If they did in that case I never heard about it.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Imagine burning tons of pot and getting a whole town high in the down wind from the fires!

I just love it!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join