It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous Hurricane Dean..UPDATES

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Yea and what would happen if one of those law abiding citizens actually stood up for his rights and fought back against these mercenaries that obeyed illegal orders?
That citizen would be labeled a terrorist not a hero or patriot. He would probably be rushed away to Gitmo and set down in a 6X6' chain link cell and tortured until he confessed to trumped up charges.

Oh and btw thanks for the link to storm2k.org, i used to visit that site but the link got buried in my thousands of other bookmarks and i forgot about it.

yea all that were left were the "dregs of society" like this gang member

The youtube vid wont embed properly, so here is the link.

Gun confiscation in NOLA

[edit on 8/17/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I live in Sugar Land, TX; south west of Houston. During TS Erin, we got about 3 inches of rain or so. It was fairly intense and it was amazing how many people drove into flooded streets like some idiot deer staring at headlights.

After our somewhat recent experiences with Katrina and Rita, I'm wasting no time getting ready BEFORE this thing hits the gulf.

I have plenty of batteries, flashlights, a weather radio, and PLENTY of stored water to last about a week or so.

Saturday will be food day. Depending on what happens, it may also be lumber day.

I'll make a quick trip to storage to grab what is dear and leave the rest to nature.

In an amazingly short time, Dean is now at 145 mph. At 156, its a cat 5 and nothing but warmer water lays ahead in it's path.

Does anybody want to guess what the top wind speed may be if it DOESN'T hit Mexico on it's way into the Gulf?

Saturday, I'll be filling up my truck and if it looks like we have to bug out, Im out of here.

I actually have a non-interstate escape route. Other then crossing some interstates, there is no interstate travel and major cities are avoided as much as possible.

If things go south and common law starts to break apart, I want to be in the country, not the city.

Houston is already having contra flow meetings. Whatever. I'll believe in that when I see pigs sprout wings and fly.

Once you get on a government controlled contra flow, you just TRY to exit. Go for it and good luck to ya!

By Sunday night, I want to be as ready as need be just in case Dean heads north-west.

I was caught off guard when New Orleans moved to Houston and again, shame on me, when Houston had it's very near miss with Hurricane Rita.

This time, I'll be more then ready.

So, bring it!

Actually, dont!

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by darkheartrising

Not exactly right. I watched a 60 minutes (I think) show about the aftermath of the storm. People were stopped while fleeing with their property to a relatives house, and relieved of any and all weapons. Now the guns were not even loaded, but were just part of the items that they were taking to safety on higher ground because of the rising water.

But, enough, this thread is about dean, and not gun rights.

We can agree to disagree on what is or is not the right way to react to such things.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
This hurricane is going to Jamaica... then its going to Cuba.... then to the Yucatan, on to Texas... Louisiana....
and then its going to WASHINGTON. YEAAAAAWW!

-Hurricane Dean

hahaha.

Man, I can't believe I haven't heard of this storm yet?! I live in Tampa, I sure hope it doesn't do a back bend. yeesh, I hate Florida.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean

"Not only are we going to Jamaica, We're going to Puerto Rico and the Domician Republic and Cuba and The Yucatan and we're going to the Gulf and Texas and New Orleans. And then we're going to Washington, D.C., to take back the White House. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah."

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Arcane Demesne

I would think that the Jet Stream would have to be a lot further south, or at least a really big high pressure ridge over the Texas/Mexico border to push that big of a storm due east in a right hand turn.

Not that it would be impossible, considering all the strange weather that has went on the last few years.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Antar: I see now where you misunderstood the wind speed on that link that you supplied. They give the speed in Kilometers per hour, right now their current report is 231 kmh sustained winds with 287 kmh wind gusts.

Im getting reports now of sustained winds of 150 mph with the pressure at around 930.
5 more mph in wind speed and and it becomes a category 5 storm, which is the highest rating for a hurricane, by the morning report we should see that.

As young as this hurricane is, Im gonna go out on a limb and make a prediction that we will see Hurricane Dean break, possibly shatter, some records this weekend. Thats right you heard it here first guys n gals, lmao.

btw, once storms get this large, outside systems pretty much have no influence on them. high pressures and upper level lows are not able to influence storms of this magnitude. This isnt an opinion, it comes from meteorologists.

[edit on 8/18/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
This hurricane is going to Jamaica... then its going to Cuba.... then to the Yucatan, on to Texas... Louisiana....
and then its going to WASHINGTON. YEAAAAAWW!

-Hurricane Dean

I knew that somebody was going to do that. XD

But yeah, I hate to be one of the uber paranoid-type, but you don't think this has something to do with the Sun and Venus being inferior conjunctioned on August 18th, do you? I doubt it, but you can never be too careful.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Watch this Buoy in the Carribean Sea, Dean should pass pretty close if not directly over this buoy.
The pressure is rapidly dropping and the winds are increasing by the hour.

buoy 42059

www.ndbc.noaa.gov...

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
As of 2am Dean has sustained winds of 150mph. Central pressure is down to 930mb. It has slowed from 23mph to 18mph with the forward progress. While the slowing of forward speed doesn't sound like much it can have a huge impact on if/when the storm turns more north of west-northwest. It can mean the difference between making landfall along the Yucatan peninsula or missing it and making it clean into the Gulf of Mexico.

Making it clean into the Gulf is a bad thing. A high probability path would be to take it somewhere Corpus Christi and Galveston. As you may have noticed in a previous image of Gulf sea surface temperatures the storm would travel a great distance over the warmest of waters anywhere in this region of the world. It would absolutely support category five winds all the way to the Texas coast. Only eye-wall replacement cycles and storm structure changes would weaken the storm before landfall. And even they you'd likely see the storm hit as a category four. I think by noon Saturday we will have a pretty good idea whether this storm is going to go straight into Mexico around Cozumel (again) or up into the Gulf and threaten land from Texas to Lousiana.

More tomorrow. I am off to bed.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
National Weather Service : National Hurricane Center

Coastal Watches/Warnings and 3-Day Track Forecast Cone

Coastal Watches/Warnings and 5-Day Track Forecast Cone

(Graphics start on about page 31)
THE DEADLIEST, COSTLIEST, AND MOST INTENSE
UNITED STATES TROPICAL CYCLONES FROM 1851 TO 2006

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
As of 2am Dean has sustained winds of 150mph. Central pressure is down to 930mb. It has slowed from 23mph to 18mph with the forward progress. While the slowing of forward speed doesn't sound like much it can have a huge impact on if/when the storm turns more north of west-northwest. It can mean the difference between making landfall along the Yucatan peninsula or missing it and making it clean into the Gulf of Mexico.

Making it clean into the Gulf is a bad thing. A high probability path would be to take it somewhere Corpus Christi and Galveston. As you may have noticed in a previous image of Gulf sea surface temperatures the storm would travel a great distance over the warmest of waters anywhere in this region of the world. It would absolutely support category five winds all the way to the Texas coast. Only eye-wall replacement cycles and storm structure changes would weaken the storm before landfall. And even they you'd likely see the storm hit as a category four. I think by noon Saturday we will have a pretty good idea whether this storm is going to go straight into Mexico around Cozumel (again) or up into the Gulf and threaten land from Texas to Lousiana.

More tomorrow. I am off to bed.

Thanks Indy, good info. Good point about the eyewall replacement cycles, they do usually cause hurricanes problems. During the cycles, the hurricane will decrease in windspeed and then usually pick back up after the cycle is complete and what portion of the cycle the storm is in when it hits land depends on how much destruction is caused.
Katrina and Rita both went through quite a few of these during their reigns and Kat was in the middle of its cycle when it hit or it wouldve been much worse.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
To Those members of ATS in the path of hurricane Dean, I just wanted to take this time to wish you all the best of luck. I hope everything goes ok and no one gets hurt. Lets hope this thing doesnt get any bigger then it already is. I know I'm making it sound like its the end of the world...but thats not my intention, my intention is just to let those of you know your in my prayers.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Check out this bouy here
Its pretty close to Dean as you can see, wind speeds at only 28 kts but look at the wave heights, 28 ft !!!

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Current measurements at Buoy 42059

Wind Direction (WDIR): N ( 10 deg true )
Wind Speed (WSPD): 42.7 kts
Wind Gust (GST): 54.4 kts
Wave Height (WVHT): 27.6 ft
Dominant Wave Period (DPD): 13 sec
Average Period (APD): 9.0 sec
Atmospheric Pressure (PRES): 29.39 in
Pressure Tendency (PTDY): -0.29 in ( Falling Rapidly )
Air Temperature (ATMP): 78.3 °F
Water Temperature (WTMP): 83.7 °F
Dew Point (DEWP): 75.6 °F
Heat Index (HEAT): 81.1 °F

By my calcs Dean's center of circulation should pass almost directly over this buoy
in about 4 hours

www.ndbc.noaa.gov...

[edit on 18-8-2007 by TheHorseChestnut]

[edit on 18-8-2007 by TheHorseChestnut]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Anyone in the region should start thinking about what to do in case of emergency.

Ideally people would always be fairly prepared for an emergency but in todays busy world people tend to forget.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
weren't there reports of flesh-eating bacteria in the gulf of mexico?

i might be going out on a limb here, but could this hurricane possibly evaporate some of the bacteria and literally rain it back down upon the region?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I've been trying to find some online radio stations for Jamaica for some news on Hurricane Dean but they were only talking about ganja weed earlier...now it's just music.

Power 106 FM

About the flesh eating bacteria, that is possible since other things have been known to have fallen from the sky from storms and clear skies: skyfall

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkheartrising
reply to post by Indy

it is important to note that a refinery fire in Pascagoula Mississippi shut down that Chevron refinery (one of the largest in the nation BTW) and if this hurricane damages the offshore platforms again this could be very bad news for the price of gas...add the declining dollar and bad markets and we could be in for a very, very rough time ahead..
[edit on 17-8-2007 by darkheartrising]

My Dad had to go out there to deal with it lately, its not very good at all. Dean could be horrible. Any hit as a Cat 5 on any city would decimate it. USA or not, but in Jamacia, i have been there, and there are parts on the island that are very poor, and the houses would not sustain high winds/water at all, but fortunetly there are some high moutions on ths island that are safer. The storm has a westerly movement, but should start a north turn, but each hour that passes is more of a chance that the dreaded north east section of the storm would wreak havoc on the island if the eye passed close or allong the southern part of Jamacia.

THe thing is most of the times when a storm builds up super fast it can't keep up the power by the time it hits land. The water in the area is hot, and if it makes it into the warm gulf without losesing any power we could have a already soaked Texas go completly underwater.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Man, check out those isobars... they look crazy! I don't think I've ever seen them arranged quite like that, converging in a single area. Of course, there is a big freakin' storm spinning near there, so the anomaly can probably be explained.

Just thought it looked strange - thought I'd share. The image was captured at the time of this post from Wunderground.com.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join