It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Largest Peak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I've been running SETI for a little while now, but I just downloaded SETIMonitor about a week ago....usually my peaks have been hitting in the high 20's with a few over 30....I woke up this morning and checked last nights WU's and in the same WU there was a peak of 68.11 ,a Gaussian of .98, 3.21, 3.28, and a triplet of 9.68...I was just wondering if anyone who runs SETIMonitor had seen anything like this

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Hello Todeskopf I too am running SETI Monitor. I�ve had several huge peaks, the largest being 308.43.
When I get a high peak like this it has always been when I have had a signal running through my unit that looks like those in this link

setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu...

They are caused by narrowband interference.
I think that it is a good Gaussian reading that we are looking for. My best so far is
Score 0.66 power 3.38 and fit 5.16
(I don�t know if that is good or not)
The SETI people think that if we were to find a signal it would look like a bell shaped curve.
Did you know that you can click on the Gaussians on your SET Monitor (they are the blue lines) and see the signal info for them. There is a curved line that runs through the Gaussian and I think that the closer you are to matching the shape of it the closer you are to a candidate signal .Please can someone correct me if I�m wrong.
I�ve still got a lot of reading to do on the SETI site before I fully understand what the info from each unit means.

new topics

join