It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Traveling at 14,000 KM and Going to Mars with Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Russia is currently constructing a aircraft that can fly like a ordinary air plane, can take off unaided from an ordinary air field, then, reaching speed fourteen thousand km/hour it goes to the Earth orbit Finally it lands at an ordinary air field again. It can carry loads and passengers. Also they are building a aircraft that can take off and land in Gusev crater on Mars.

www.russianjournal.com
Kosmoplan uses oxygen-hydrogen mixed fluid as fuel, its hull is made of very durable composite carbon material. This material is used now for Proton rocket hull.

Not very much detail were told about the other aircraft that can travel to mars. But what is known is that it has to be finished by 2018, when Mars and Earth are the cloest together. Also the project will cost the Russians $20 billions dollars.

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
the project will cost the Russians $20 billions dollars.

This is quite a big budget for Russia. I thought they were on the verge of economic collapse?

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Nothing special at all, i doubt the US would even ask Russian for assistance in this. It's nothing but a cheap version of aurora, scramjet engines, carbon composites, horizontal take off.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Nothing special at all, i doubt the US would even ask Russian for assistance in this. It's nothing but a cheap version of aurora, scramjet engines, carbon composites, horizontal take off.

Please none of your anti-Russian views here Nerdling.

I had enough of them.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Please none of your anti-Russian views

I had enough of them.

And I've had enough of your anti-American views Russian.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Please none of your anti-Russian views here Nerdling.

I had enough of them.

Out,
Russian

Originally posted by Hyperspace

Stay cool gentlemen. Anyway it's the ESA who'll send first a manned mission to mars.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperspace

Accualy I like US.

And I think it is a great country and with good tech.

I accualy live in US.

So if I would hate it I would leave.

Also I just disagree with US on some topics.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Accualy US has already asked Russia to help them with the moon project.

NASA has already sent its proposals concerning cooperation in moon and Mars missions to the Russian Aerospace Agency, said deputy chief Nikolai Moiseyev, acording to the ITAR-Tass news agency. Moiseyev did not give details of the U.S. proposals, but said that Russia has plentiful know-how to share.

Out,
Russian

new topics

top topics

join