It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CARET/Drones Debunked? – A “viral” fantasy

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sys_Config
great Idea New Kid the only problem is consent..states differ...but generally you need consent of the recieving part..like when companies "inform" you the call may be monitored for quality ssurance , it used to be they didnt..now they do because of law. Tom could sue my little broke behind for doing that..But the writing part is good..like letters..if everybody wrote..that would be good.it cant just be me. it has to be all of us..
I asked the other day for people to email..and they (Murnut) got a quick response from one peson..Murnut was the only one out of a general call to arms to hundreds following this case, that wrote and posted on the commander-keen..the question should be what are all the characters doing in the diagram..its a guest log and you can see what everyone else wrote. Thats very important it draws attention.
If you ask are you behind hoax..that will certainly kill conversation.
finesse is key..but leave no wiggle room! Remember this is a crew, will organized that took time to wipe exif data off photos and use state of art printing process in the Diagrams especiall where you get cartoons and holographic effect. These are not pikers, and 89 year old grandmothers that did this.

email is best because its in writing and you have some decent proof you sent a question.
Certified mail..same..but no guarantee of answer..like email..but more expensive

But You bring excellent points and show more courage than I have encountered..
I will call..and you should call..but forget recording.
AND a bunch of calls is good and he will have to issue a statemet..then we can move on..
He is most likely suspect..does not mean he is THE ONE..we can only go where reson and hindsight experience tell us to go.

WelcomeBack DogHead..I like posting at Piscesallmedia.com .I am still trying to figure it out..but it has a lot to offer its audience..And you have writers like some here..that have devlish minds that can help me in the process like Doc,Outrageo,Schuyler, and Kaminski..me, Im just a local enthused Shmuck..
I can thank you for finding it
I had to read your last post several times before I could appreciate it, but the humor was worth it.

and you have a devlish mind yourself..

Plus its Australian..an ocean of creative minds. and the swimming is fine!

and now,,for those who dont wish to call or write..as I said in Caret 1 say here..

That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made,
And crowns for convoy put into his purse;
We would not die in that man's company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is call'd the feast of Crispian.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian.'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispian's day.'
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words-
Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester-
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

So now let the real games begin
and unleash the Dogs of War!

[edit on 12-1-2008 by Sys_Config]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DogHead
I'm an investor in Pisces All Media not an owner over there.

The Pisces forum that has Caret and Stick in it is for a DVD show called Book of Mysteries. Three got made then the producer left or something and now there are four more in production.

I collected information on the Zodiac killer for one of their things and researched Ken Lay for their Fortunate Sons documentary.

Hottest on TV is another site I invested in, and Pisces owns. The HoTV account on the Pisces forum is a portmanteau for admins, but not an account I can access, sadly... Because there are some users over there I would love to delete permanently.

Thats fascinating Eye among the Blind at the Mysteries Book thread also mentioned the Ken Lay thing and not too pleasant experiences investigating it either, I understand. Have you both worked together? may I be bold. are you and he the same? That would be fantastic! He certainly raised the hairs on my neck when he said he returned to Tahoe.
But Eye also said he had retired..or something like that from PI work. Needless to say left me a tad sad. I am not one to push anyone too hard on an ephemeral matter is this. But like KingsIsle does its hiring , We too have to link with the "best of the best". I think I have a good bit here, But we need an extra edge to tip the scales on these people, and those like them..if my hypothesis on Tom Hall is valid, or even the Escher one, You may very well be "The one" to provide it, in extracting just the kind of data from an ordinary phone call that we, less experienced can,. DogHead, no empty flattery intended, but your appearance is no less than providential. Please feel free to at least advise as we are unlike other forums very open here, notwithstanding the occasional foodfights.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by Sys_Config]

[edit on 13-1-2008 by Sys_Config]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
doublepost delete..disappear and reappear

[edit on 14-1-2008 by Sys_Config]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

Its precisely why this has incorporated the feel of Roshambo among other things that may pop up ..that makes this like RPS and mmog centric and Tom T Hall such a Tantalizing Target (Ts unintended
)
lets look at the underlying principles for the benefit of newcomers I hope its not like the disaster fury..

view Topics in game theory
Definitions
Normal form game · Extensive form game · Cooperative game · Information set · Preference

Equilibrium concepts
Nash equilibrium · Subgame perfection · Bayesian-Nash · Perfect Bayesian · Trembling hand · Proper equilibrium · Epsilon-equilibrium · Correlated equilibrium · Sequential equilibrium · Quasi-perfect equilibrium · Evolutionarily stable strategy · Risk dominance

Strategies
Dominant strategies · Pure strategy · Mixed strategy · Tit for tat · Grim trigger · Collusion

Classes of games
Symmetric game · Perfect information · Dynamic game · Repeated game · Signaling game · Cheap talk · Zero-sum game · Mechanism design · Stochastic game · Nontransitive game

Games
Prisoner's dilemma · Traveler's dilemma · Coordination game · Chicken · Volunteer's dilemma · Dollar auction · Battle of the sexes · Stag hunt · Matching pennies · Ultimatum game · Minority game · Rock, Paper, Scissors · Pirate game · Dictator game · Public goods game · Nash bargaining game · Blotto games · War of attrition

Theorems
Minimax theorem · Purification theorems · Folk theorem · Revelation principle · Arrow's theorem

Please go to wikepedia for more info.

Here we have an artificially staged event with players on both sides of the atlantic. ..our kits are the material..only to us they are real events. real places, real tests of will logic and intuition..Players get to choose their proxies (us) sometimes data is fed,,false and true..complete and incomplete, we are the game as I have alluded before..once I came across KingsIsle data and backed up to the retro art and puzzles aspect and other anomalies things started to fall in place..particulary the rash of bannings and abuse at OMF..I think the OMF has in real life and gameplay some very sore losers. They have crap for data, albeit colorful and scientic looking, whereas we common sense are close to having the real goods..and they still stay in demial) If Mufon is the referee,,then well boys and girls we win, he who gets mad first Loses. and were they mad! hehehe. jk But all this this is just to work out the gamelogic solo/and team.
we are the Alpha if anything for a prototype. I hope we at least get a copy of final game..But I want that Caret Ship..no cgi either.

But we still need Tom Halls Response..whatever it is..I know..he does have honest demeanor....and respect fair play ,if you read his site thouroughly...I could tell from a non scientific look at his kids Chris and Mindy. However..we must find out or we are at a stalemate..but yes Doc..your tip is like the proverbial Nod wink and a smile..I feel the sameway.Game or not..Lets stick it to the Man shall we?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Did anyone else visit that "ANTIGRAVITY" movie site posted by newkid back on the original CARET thread?

Anything suspicious-looking in the opening splashscreenshot?

[edit on 15-1-2008 by klatunictobarata]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This is a repost on Caret..as it touches the viral factor I am reposting here, some of this is not applicable to here the beginning part we have always been good..err well a good portion of the time anyway.
and DogHead..you have my antennas up ..Are you connected with this movie in any way? If nnot Its in your backyard and worth pursuing if you want to get involved..

Post quote
HI Guys
I just got in and read my u2u and members are complaining to me if we can get back on topic..for new members not familiar u2u is the little option underneath each person that says u2u and you can post the personal stuff and comments . WE can dispense with omf by simply not referring to them or we will lose valuable time researching.

I Hope that does not offend anyone but we have to move on to the topic thread or we can be advised to do so by the PTB.

For the rest unfamiliar these are the people who helped me comprise my research that I post here regularly, and unless you visit the other forums,
you will never know what they and I went thru over the last 6 months. , the OMF castaway comment is precisely how we were viewed over there.
An unceasing hostility towards us brung on by many "ex ATS" members ie the "castaways from ATS". I attempted in my own personal way to reunite unsuccessfully,from the bottom to the very top, both forums. Lets not take on the "other forums" biases that made our brothers and sisters leave from over there. This topic again would be dead if not for people like them
And Springer my friend and others who make their rounds daily across the net have a good idea of , if not exactly, what has happened.
So lets be a little patient compassionate..for if you dont have "compassion", then you will not have the "passion" to keep up and help me and others in this case.
As always take the high ground..always, as ATS always has, and I and these "castaways will also. Yes perhaps maybe we are a Gilligans Isand, or Mash, or Kelleys heroes, perhaps, PT Boat 109 , perhaps. Yes,
but they got the job done and admirably so..

Respectfully
Sys

Now..Newkid mentioned the antigravmovie..as a possiblesource for a viral. the movie is in production in Australia ..which interestingly enough is one of my recent Firebases via piscesallmedia and these people destiny productions did madmax highlander and many other successful films

www.antigravitymovie.com...
Klatuu is also excited in the intriguing designs
and so am I. But what intrigued me also was that
One of ournewest members DogHead also Hails from Australia and is an investor in several websites hottest on tv , book of mysteries, Datazine in and others. It looks like its a good movie too. I have had fun at Pisces and browsing Datazine. He likes to look over his investments..and DogHead you have come to the right place..Chat with Springer..your return will be incredible if investing in ATS, no one works harder fo your money than he can.

Someone did Isaac for something game or viral , the two usually go hand in hand nowadays.
so Lets take closer looks at these and let us know what you all find while Tom Twiddles his thumbs and someone else attempts to steal his Dopefish and Keen Crew

Thanx Newkid and Klatuu

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sys_Config

I was researching online based on an actual UFO experience I've had (I will post separately on that) and ran across the CARET drones. I wasted about 1-1/2 hours looking into this hoax (thanks everyone for helping save me more time), and while the designs are fun and the story is well put together, I haven't seen definitive proof here that it is a hoax. BTW, these look nothing like what I saw.

OK, I'm I probably missed the video on ATS, but to save anyone from spending more time, unless they're just interested in entertainment, here is a video with definitive proof that this is a viral marketing hoax, and an incredibly well done one as well.

HOAX Video of CARET Drones

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Hi Life We know its a hoax and if you downloaded all the threads here particularly this one then you know its a hoax. A decision doesnt require 100 % , just reasonable certainty. we thought it might lead to ammo marketing, and or the affiliated carat as related to alienware, however as none responded, as would be expected, other candidates have also surfaced, but despite continued queries also do not answer, like KingsIsle.
I am curious why it came out of OMF and not Kaptiva which is Kriss company, or was that just a later posting on metacafe?
I have wondered also about musicians connections, not necessarily drone. who I have corresponded with and am confortable with. Normally, a viral consists might be small scale prop, (like partizan does) and well coordinated game clues ,if it is a game, and as was done in Halo and Iris. and a slew of sockpuppets to hype the matter,.across different servers and you knew it was a game,, with movies adopting the same tactics..that seemed not to be present here except for a few suspicious characters the came and vanished, and well weaved series of clues present intentionally in the diagrams and narrative..like one of the online mystery novels you can find on the net. So de we have a game, a mystery novel, a disguised leak?. yes its a viral but by who..I found some of the things fascinating, entertaining, but perhaps this viral was the a taste for an online mmog.
To risk backlash from an wide audience, the ufo community with minor exceptions, is actually a smaller manageable and studyable community. If a hoax passed succesfully thru here, despite ensuing chagrin, a wider gaming community(where the real money is) would find it welcome and entertaining..when a gamer plays a transformers game or area 51 he/she know its unreal they want a good storyline, realism and action. There are many individuals selfemployed like kris, who has several enterprises going ,and musicians as well who could link up and do this..its not so much money but the "sweat equity" you put into the thing the payoff being promotion by the exposureand a possible contract with the "really really" big players, and if not good, drum up business for the local LMH/c2c/Unknowncountry type establishments.
So we are in for some treats this year if we dont rescrutinize these documents and diagrams for content soon. They learn quicker than you can find out..if you read the evolution of the story and photos and emails, I would like to know why the story was handed down to LMH..then why LMH held on to material or emils for so long..at least they are warm bodies and not scared absentee witnesses..So behaviour is an integral thing to look at when sudying hoaxes as people started disappearing in the Mufon recent investigations when they checked on bogus companies based in australian domain. That was going to be one big Gator to tackle if it had taken traction. we can thank them eventhough others loath them.

In the meantime, we can dismantle the rest of the story left behind, and examine the parts to see if they say anything else. However to Re debate as hoax or not hoax is a moot issue

[edit on 21-1-2008 by Sys_Config]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
There's a graphic designer with too much time on HER hands in Australia, Melbourne to be exact. She might post here herself in which case expect a proper revelation. If she doesn't please don't blame me, I spent some phone credit and did some leaning and that is all I can do.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Hi Sys_Config,
OK. I'm not surprised that I didn't discover anything new on this. I just hadn't seen the video posted and thought others may not have.

All good points, and I look forward to learning more. My reason for digging into it at all was to research a real event that happened to me. Since I am sure it was real (corroborated after years by people I trust and didn't expect), my first look at this stuff had me going for a bit

Didn't mean to be dense by thinking I had uncovered the full mystery when others were already looking even further. I just read posts that indicated some people still believed it may be true. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Thank you Dog head!
That indeed would be a sight for eyes and keyboard worn fingers..I wanted you to know also how much I enjoy the www.piscesallmedia.com... site..it has a drawing power , and when I first saw all the mystery book themes , something said to me " Sys..you have come to the right place" and there is a natural born sleuther in here somewhere.... and they should thank you too..for being there for them, (and here for us too).I do hope wish you get your wish for access key one day and clean that coop you wanted out!
But I think a few raps on the door should rattle a few feathers..thats for sure...I am glad you dug deep..A woman you say..oh my..Delilah did bring Samson down, and Mahatmamari also made the WW1 alliance pull its hair out, I hope she does it at Pisces for your efforts well done.,I agree lets be cautious. and for her to contact Springer to assure her anonymity and or even u2u anyshe likes here.....as I said..I admire what she, if true, tried to accomplish..and Springer could probably outline the questions for her that would be comfortable for and acceptable to everyone around. He made that an open gesture of goodwill..not too long ago..and it stands today..He is from old school..and keeps his word..
I am for one not looking to hurt or embarrassed anyone, the diehards did that by themselves....period..

.as always DogHead..and always good to see you stop by. You are the only one one I know of who picked up the phone at that end and used it effectively..Kudos. all we can do is all we can do. If she does come I would just like to know about the little prince..He is my biggest enigma more than anything else..yet I think ..captures the true intent of this event. and gave it a real soul somehow

o/.

Thats ok lifescience, your heart is in right place..I too have seen unusual sightings..the orange orbs chased by helicopter..but I like you, and vast numbers of others experience these things..for us we know something out there, but I am not going to impose the kind of obstinacy I have seen in this case exhibited by other believers, when even Isaac didnt witness one, just saw the letters, thats it HE TELLS US that .and he is ignored.. and like the lady Shirley queiroz, who says she saw a chupacabra spider like animal, not a machine like drone in brazil, in a 1995 video , and an identical looking 1992 one shot by a brazilian dentist that really did look like a balloon, in the same month of December..3 years befor Shirley. not the drones people here so feverishly and desperately wanted ther to have seen and stretch that into this case..That was totally ignored and the bizarrest rationale for existence of anything period.including almighty God himself and Mary on a cheesegrille sandwhich... My lord..has reason gone out the window? I am glad I am here researching yes, but my friends like Outrageo and Schuyler Klatuu, Sid , Doc, and others on this thread especially, all keeping each other er on an even keel , lest we become like the writers Hemingway and Poe, going alone where no others wrote..wind up facing madness and possibly death.

Yes, Lifescience we bear our burdens alone..maybe it was meant for us..just us..its like having your own live unicorn..just to yourself..to share only with other special people...not as a religion, or cult, or doctrine, or news epitaph, but a small wondrous reminder we are not alone as our own God tells, us but that its our life and will, our choices..Thank you for your alertness, posts and welcome to ATS

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Sys_Config]

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Sys_Config]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The following is a post from the other caret thread..this thread is not dead..Pisces itself said it was a viral covering another viral and has a witness that worked on it but wont come foward as she Concentric Spirals is "nervous". However it appears their are multiple agendas with Pisces via Doghead..

I deleted all my posts at Pisces..The Doghead here aka Eye of the Blind,at Pisces will not adress my question where is spiral other than she works for him now...As for the emails I have I may foward to Lear himself..he might have a legal case in this..It is most unfortunate..that I have to hit "below the equator" to get the truth from "below the equator"..and I intend on reaching way "down under "and squeezing as hard as I can.. unless someone with the truth comes out..I dont like being lied to or used..but enough is enough..We cant let this become a legend ..it does not merit it..great for pisces TV and mysteries and cheap films.. though , ..one unsubstantiated untruth substituted by a bigger one.. , Lear if a "Mook" was at least.."Our Mook"..and we can take care of him here by ourselves selves....we dont need Austrialian movie actors and actresses and production people, to come to the rescue... Has Reason taken a vacation somewhere..?
.let them keep Pingegap or according to r Doghead and Jonothan Nolan for themselves. If they want a welcome mat..then Release the witness Spirals to make a statement as they indicated they would do on their own site!

In doghead/Eye of the blinds own words to me what mattered most was the Public Interest

Well which is more important Doghead and Good people of Piscesallmedia

The Public Interest in Isaac Disclosure which took place just months ago ? or
the PineGap mystery as retold for both entertainment and revenge on some poor yokel here?
l
lets not be coy and equivocal..

MAKE YOUR CHOICE NOW!

So ALL of ATS know what kind of Guests it has let in its house..
If you dont really have anyone then why did you all lie or fabricate..?
why then should we believe anything you say now..about Pinegap or even the weather? ATS members do Not let these people off the hook and continue weaving another story until they answer..ask them whatever thread they are on..

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Immortal Games..I know nothing of that.my dear Persiphone,.Perhaps ignorance among we mere mortals, really is Bliss..
But I do remember A comment with regards to memmes or virals by our Latest member Doghead..and commentary on our lack of cogent thinking here at ATS, or at least on this thread. fellow members. Yet we still extended a welcome mat and at some point he/she exhibited some redeeming qualities..That IMO has been lost..I am reposting so all of the "Old Guard" and newer members..can understand the reason for the above statement.

Originally posted by fortwynt

What line of products are they pushing, sys?

all in one packaging investments, books, advrtsng movies,virals,comics stuff like cafeexpress which creates stuff like omf teashirts for Isaac graphics..like that ..old days called it turnkey .
piscesallmedia.com...
your description of feverish is quite accurate..when people get feverish..reason goes out the window..
anyway peruse ..front page and see what I mean. in the book of mysteries you will find caret and stick 2nd or third..line item..i deleted my posts but you will see the alleged hoax witness spirals one and only comment..2rd page. Ill repost it here in case you miss it. actually read the whole thing very short 3 pages with commentary.

Concentr!Sp!rals

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:42 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

young lady... s'n-word's... I am a lady though!
I don't know about posting on ATS, seems like it's overrun with naysayers.
When I get the nerve up I will make a big post here. As long as someone is holding my hand.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is Eye among the Blind aka Doghead..(sometimes others)
The Blind
Investigative Journalist
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Spirals" has some involvement in Melbourne and Queensland with various film and advertising projects. It seems fairly likely that a viral marketing campaign for one thing was used as a cover for a viral marketing campaign for something far more serious.

Biblical Isaac is the key possibly.

I am going to swear an affidavit on another matter as soon as possible, while I am there I will be seeing about getting "Spirals" some similar protection.

I wouldn't want anyone to... leAr at her. If you get me.

Nah man we are just doing the normal stuff- investigating, posting, writing stuff up. We are total outsiders to the CARET scene. It just takes a lot to get people moving, get them to come forward. Same with the Octopus / PROMIS... Can't do nothing, but it's hard to get a result. You know that.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh really ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is Dog when he/she first came to ATS on 12 30 2007

posted on 30-12-2007 @ 11:36 PM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

Whilst on the always fertile subject of hoaxes it behooves me to point out that there isn't a shred of sensible analysis let alone evidence supporting the "meme" theory. It smacks to me of the Scientology brigade. Who are certainly CIA / Satanism front men.

The meme buzzwordology is unfamiliar to people. Unfamiliar does not equal true or even persuasive. I hope. Otherwise don't worry about memes and drones. Worry about your inability to think cogently.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That was an open statement to the entire thread...
Well At least we have a shred of cognizance to discern we are being as Malcom X eloquently put it.."Took and Had"..and most deft at the art yourself, IMO. Yet my incogent and irrational posts have generated over 1000 views in a months time..whilst the remainderum languish in obscurity..I was happy to help then, but then is not now..and others will see what was done..as time goes by..(I loved that song)

Goodnight all

This is by no means over..

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Sys_Config]

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Sys_Config]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

by Sys
I would like to know why the story was handed down to LMH..then why LMH held on to material or emils for so long..at least they are warm bodies and not scared absentee witnesses..

Yes, Indeed. All other leads being chased aside, the one warm body that we KNOW is extant and in possession has yet to reveal all, of that I am sure.

Linda needs to 'clear the air' at the very least, or, more preferably, completely disavow any further knowledge.

ALL other parties to this escapade thus far have been digital, imaginary, incognito, figmental, or theoretical - some perhaps viral, some not - but so far ONLY Linda is the actual identified human being to have gone public with first-hand exposure to the source.

It's time to come clean. If just a viral experiment and LMH was duped - or enlisted - as an unwitting participant (along with the rest of us), and she knows it or even suspects it - let's hear it.

If she has held some material information back, withheld anything critical, or enlightening, however mundane or innocuous, then she owes her listeners and the general public (and especially the UFO/ET community to whom she owes her livelihood) an explanation.

If she knows the source and can contact the source for some follow-up or validation, she should have done so by now. Surely she must be aware of the whirlwinds of controversy that have spiraled around this topic for nearly a year.

But all we have had is silence and bland disclaimer. I'm sure Linda is a fine person and a diligent researcher - something she certainly claims to be. Wouldn't a good researcher be interested in discovering the truth - especially regarding a matter which she herself brought upon the world in some kind of 'exclusive' arrangement with our elusive Isaac/CARET source?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you all for your posts here and elsewhere. I've been following everything carefully and have been digging deeper myself (not unlike the landscape in "Holes", eh?) - there really has not been all that much new to chew on.

Warm Regards and carry on...

[edit on 2/12/2008 by Outrageo]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I have to say, the way you all so easily accepted doghead after coming and making those comments is a good lesson on civility and patience. I have to admit I would not have been able to keep my cool like you did. Having said that it is kind of odd that doghead has not made an appearance since you have raised these questions sys_config. That says more then words in my opinion. Keep up the good work please guys, you are a fine bunch of folks working on this.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Kill em with Kindness Steve. With Kindness.

All joking aside, it is important for us all to realize the merits of an agent provocateur every once and awhile. Sometimes what they tell us to steer us one direction, actually points to what they are hiding.

On another note, I had a thought that I think may have been said, but it has been so long now. "What if it were a viral campaign, but the 'company' didn't know ATS and the like existed, and so it backfired because they didn't have enough 'backstory' to back up what they were trying to do". Almost like we jumped the gun?

Maybe not, but more exciting than thinking that 'this is all it is, and what it is isn't much'
DocMoreau

Edit to Add: LMH has a new pet project: Stephenville Lights are Back Again!!! 12 Feb

[edit on 13/2/2008 by DocMoreau]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Not sure if you all have seen this one - but there may be others outside the media and IT industries with a not-so-viral interest in replicating the droney-baloney:

Maybe the military will be deploying drone-clone saucers sooner than we think.

Here's the article/source: Saucer Deployment

Onward...

[edit on 2/19/2008 by Outrageo]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Yes I remember that the US or UK brought the rights from a guy who made toy models for hobbyists..its extremely stable..but this is the first time I have seen the working large scale model..with hybrid fuel and solar power I bet it can stay up a long time..hmm or feed of telephone/power lines..hmm. and look..no fins ma..
nice find Ourageo!
I just came back from la la land..to take a break from fishing..:]

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Sys_Config]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   

California Drones Mystery Solved By Sarah Connor Chronicles?

I just read a fantastic article outlining why this is almost certainly a viral campaign:

The mid season finale of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (TSCC) threw me something to chew on Monday night that I was surprised to see. Was TSCC yet one more project that was bitten by the writers strike? When the heck are we gonna stop seeing ramifications from that event? Cripes!

Confused? Good… Keep reading my Tarantino-ish outline of this event.

In Monday night’s episode, Sarah is chasing her “three dots” clue and ends up going to a UFO convention. There, she meets a “woman” who has pictures plastered all over “her” home’s walls. The interesting thing about that is that I recognized those pictures and said, “Hey! I know those pictures! Those are the California Drones that Raji posted in 2007!” Yes, I’m a bit of a UFO non-disbeliever with a freaky memory!

They were getting completely behind their product, The Sarah Connor Chronicles, by ramping up a viral advertising campaign that would draw the public into their show. With the right public momentum, the gimmick would have netted them some serious press coverage and ratings. But the project got snuffed when the writers’ strike hit. That pushed back the airing date of this mid-season finale episode, and Fox moved on. In their wake, they forgot to let on about it and left the hundreds of UFO-ologists spinning up hundreds of thousands of hours combing over the Drones evidence and tossing out their conjectures.

screenrant.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Yes Screen rant dropped theball after he posted Josh letter allegedly disavowing his role.
A tad too trusting in the face of Josh holding and eating the stolen cookies.
Lets look at that shall we?

Josh Friedman an avid Blogger, movie producer, and writer.
and why I am looking at him and his crew in this matter? Would he ever stretch the truth or lie? or untruth?
tv.ign.com...

IGN TV: So is that true that you haven't locked picture on any show but the first?
Friedman: Yes.

IGN TV: And you've not been back since this started?

Friedman: No, I've not been back.

IGN TV: It seems a bit strange, because we saw you some time ago and you were shooting episode four at the time.
(now the damage control)
Friedman: Well, I think because we're a mid-season show, we've had some extra post (production) time. We're also a very post-intensive show because of the CGI. I think we've just been a little slower to actually lock. We've been going back and getting a few pickups here and there. The day that I left, all of the sudden we were talking about having a "saga-sell" or recap, which was going to add time and I was going to have cut. So when I left I'd thought we had cut at least the first episode, but then I found that we had not. It's very nerve wracking. I have a very good non-writing producer, who is in there doing the best that he can. But editing is writing and it's another way to make your vision known. It's very frustrating for me not to be there. I have the choice. I can be there per my contract, but to me everything comes from writing and I just can't imagine walking past writers who aren't getting paid in order to pick up my producing paycheck. That just seems immoral. "
Cough.. Cough
now Josh has a vision

Josh Friedman: ... There will be Terminators in a lot of it, and there's also a Skynet component to the show. There's a detective; an FBI guy. Richard Jones's character will be looking for them. I have some really kind of big ideas that I'm not gonna share yet, but I think people who are fans of the series will really be excited about it. Stuff that I know people have been wanting to see for a few years I think we're gonna take a crack at, at some point. Some really cool stuff. "

Yes, Cool stuff planted way back..
tv.ign.com...
IGN TV: How did you come to be involved in this series?
Friedman: They came to me a little over a year ago. (Edit Jan to May 2006) Warner Bros had the TV rights, and I'd written a TV script for them before. We'd always wanted to work together, but I had told them I didn't want to really do anything with them unless they had something that was just great and that everyone was excited about and I wasn't about to twist anyone's arm to get on the air. And I got a phone call one day that was like, "So… We are gonna do The Terminator after T2, with Sarah Connor." "Oh! Yeah, that sounds like something I might be interested in!" And I went in and talked to them, kind of laid out some ideas for them, and we went from there. So it's been a long time in the making.
That means they were talking may 2006, and actually..signed deal august 28 2006.
The Fix was In..as I like to say.

Let's stop for a second and see what movie business really does.
when using a similar story star trek
Scroll down to Production
en.wikipedia.org...

"According to an account by Herbert Solow in the book “Inside Star Trek, The Real Story”[1], the relation to Brown’s story may have been an unconscious inspiration. After Coon had written what he thought was an original script, Desilu’s research department noted the similarity. It was therefore agreed that Desilu’s Business Affarirs office would call Brown and offer a fair price for the story, before it was shot and broadcast. Brown agreed without knowing that the story had already been written.”

Now to re emphasize Bruce simms point, as well as mine, and several other sites, but which most devotees here know very well is you just don’t take someone elses script posted at dedicated website, and it does read like a script, ….change a name, barely modify the craft..and incorporate it into your show without even a credit acknowledgement..unless its possibly your to begin with by pen in hand or by purchase.

So we know that a writer of Joshs caliber, the Showrunner, The man in charge, with a fundamentalist persective, on writers rights.. would never violate a writers code, the episodes up to four had already been done and in post production by the time of writers strike..Thanks to that interviewers question and Joshs almost convoluted answer.. at IGN..
And we know that the at least one of skynet craft he alluded to on June 20,
2007 is imo, that craft we saw recently on the end scene..of chronicles
The same 2week period Drones were popping up .

He then says in letter to Bruce..
""It never occurred to me that anyone would use their inclusion in our show to cast any doubt onto the drones authenticity""
This is so patently false and inane for one in his business because, that's the first things people will think and did..they said :aha viral!
They may be a hoax--it's ultimately a matter of faith for many--but the fact that the drones are discussed on TSCC is only a testament to their hold on my imagination." is about the only credible part.Just like he did with that IGN interviewer asked why he was shooting a scene during the writers strike, he carefully sidestepped, that it was for production already and went on to say how terrible for writers not to get their rewards.

This is how good liars mix half truth and half lies and omissions , Its the essence of their business in sci fi, even some journalism and PR when doing damage control.
But to say he never thought anyone would think that is an insult to everyone! But its a good way to avoid being called a liar..Just that he couldn't recall that at the time.

If anyone knows the value of internet buzz its him when he created buzz for the movie Snakes a Plane
He is a heavy blogger and buzz fanatic.
Thus the reference to that Blogger Abraham in that episode. A tongue in cheek reference you might say to himself
His writers did not remove the name Isaac until that episode was shot.
It was in play all along.
so now....
How do we answer that question?
..How could he do that and take a legal risk not be sued?
A. it was his story possible.
He is a heavy blogger and buzz fanatic.
His writers did not remove the name Isaac until that episode was shot.
That says It was in play all along.

B. The materials and elements were already Warners
The marketing and design studio and writers like Josh whedon have worked on Terminator, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, X files, Star Trek
therefore making it simple to draw things such as design, alien fonts, etc.
No need to reinvent the wheel. No need to get permission..if there was ever a need because
because it was already there before that silly site, started by a Lawyer, with no prior history in UFOs
How corporate can we get!
It helps if the 2 biggest promoters of the drone LMH and Strieber, worked with Warners in prior deals
So deal or no deal, they are not about to slap Their biggest bread sticks,
even assuming they they were taken in and then found out later.
c. Some combination of the two
I would not doubt in the least.

Thanx to SPF33 who I respect for gathering the following Zoic and Serenity matter in more detail. Marvin at UCB discovered an Isaac Font on their video Serenity..quite good I might add.

zoic studios is credited on serenity and tssc for effects. and many other joss whedon projects - buffy the vampire slayer, angel.
www.whedon.info...
scrolling through thousands of screencaps for Firefly(2002), Serenity(2005) and the latest whedon project Dollhouse(2009) gives a bit of insight into the design aesthetic of zoic and whedon.

this site has screencaps posted for every episode of Firefly (the tv show that birthed the serenity film). take a look while keeping the california drone and lap aesthetic in mind.

from the drone-like ship to the inside doorhandles to the sun-back chair at the table to the pattern on the girl's shirt; a motif of a circle with radiating lines is shown all over the place;
still-flying.net...
that's just one episode. this motif is played out again and again through the series.
serenity(screencaps) being the film continuation of the canceled tv show firefly shares much of the same circle\radiating arm theme. not to mention the symbol on the door that appears to be the straight from the lap.
thinking this might just be sci-fi genre design coincidences i looked for some screencaps of the latest whedon project dollhouse, which i don't watch and don't know what it's about.
here are the screen caps for dollhouse episode 1.
www.buffy.in...
circle. radiating arms.
after seeing this i then learned zoic also does the effects for dollhouse.
and of course zoic is credited on tssc.
too much drone on the brain?
zoic studios.
www.zoicstudios.com...
rectangle. radiating arms. literally.
and whedon is no stranger to viral marketing

so now.unless there is equal contradictory evidence we can assume we are on correct course from the appendages like AW, LMH, and Strieber, to the head, Halcyon and Warners,climbing up the body like angry fire ants. They all without exception have worked with Warners, and or Fox.

When Isaac said the FOXTREE
Josh tells the truth when he says" kissing cousins" because it really was born out of the same Family tree.

He laughs at us here like he laughed at us in the LAP.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Sys_Config]

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join