It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grey Fox

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I heard of a new special forces group called grey fox..it said in newsweek that a group called grey fox helped capture saddam i was just wonderin if anyone has ever heard of it.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
At the center of Rumsfeld's plans was the reactivation of the Army's Iran/Contra-era Intelligence Support Activity (ISA), now operating under the name of "Grey Fox."

Grey Fox history and today.

I found that site that talks about Grey Fox.

It has some good info.

Also as you can see Grey Fox was ISA.

Out,
Russian

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Surely this was one of the detachments from the Central Front's Spetznaz Battalion?

Or were they the Grey Wolves?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam Cerulean
i believe that grey fox was a mad up name for a SF group in the Squel of Metal Gear Solid, for PS ONE, please correct men if i am wrong, but i am sure their is no group called Grey Fox

Isn’t this all you had to post, the rest of the tripe was completely unnecessary.

And I’ll be happy to point out….

The former official says that the Baathist leadership apparently relies on “face-to-face communications” in planning terrorist attacks. This makes the insurgents less vulnerable to one of the Army’s most secret Special Forces units, known as Grey Fox, which has particular expertise in interception and other technical means of intelligence-gathering.
S.Hersh 12-2003

Which would be about right considering the posting time of this “years old thread”.

mg

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Actually, sam, grey fox IS a real group, its a military intelligence group.

Stop abusing your fellow members.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Your a bit of a twat face, i believe that grey fox was a mad up name for a SF group in the Squel of Metal Gear Solid, for PS ONE, please correct men if i am wrong, but i am sure their is no group called Grey Fox, so stop making up crap

Stick to your video games son. But remember to come back to reality after you spent 36 hours in your room playing.

Regards,
Maestro

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
A couple of years ago there was some discontent at the top, CIA had been running most of the SF operations out of OMA, and was being 'overcautious', using them mainly for sneak and peek recon stuff.

Rummy wanted to ramp up and do some 'real' work with them. CIA pitched a fit, the JCS detached some groups to Rumsfeld's DCS to do with as he saw fit, GF was one.

CIA launched a version of their own that uses 'retired' special ops guys that's run out of OMA.

Now you will occasionally hear whiney stories coming from CIA about how the DCS's groups are cutting in on their work and interfering. That's where that came from.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Your a bit of a twat face, i believe that grey fox was a mad up name for a SF group in the Squel of Metal Gear Solid, for PS ONE, please correct men if i am wrong, but i am sure their is no group called Grey Fox, so stop making up crap

You're wrong.

In Metal Gear Solid there were two groups, Grey Fox was not a SF group. Grey Fox wasn't even in MSG, it was FoxHound and FOX.

Was being so mean really all that necessary?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Sound more like Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy. Without Remorse was also a very good book.

There is good reason that these groups are not public knowledge also.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Never heard of Grey Fox. There is a name Gray Fox.
And in the old game MSG there's a person name Gray Fox ninja, a member of the FOXHOUND unit.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
This group is real, but there nothing special or you wouldnt have heard of them.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Never heard of Grey Fox. There is a name Gray Fox.
And in the old game MSG there's a person name Gray Fox ninja, a member of the FOXHOUND unit.

LOL this is correct, sam I think you should get your facts straight before bursting out with comments like that. LOL

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
i can exclusivly reveal that :

" PINK GERBIL "

is the current code word for operations by the Spec ps unit previously known as " GRAY FOX "

unfortunatly now that you have been read on to this without proper authorisation - it will be nessecary to kil you

please form an orderly line in order of ATS member number - and i will deal with you shortly

PS - if any one believes this , i have a bridge to see too - only one carefull owner

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sam Cerulean

I think this reply was uncalled for Metal Gear was based on real things.
Take Naomi Wolf for example. She is a very real person. Search on youtube. Although Grey Fox was a person on MGS they are very real.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by USAFSF

one thing that goes through mind is Gray fox aka the Ninja
from MGS. got a poster of this on my limited edition MGS

would have expected them to call the group fox hound as Gray Fox is more of a name used for one person and not a whole group

Yes i am a MGS Fan

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I have yet to see any proof that MSG is remotely based on anything real. As far as I'm concerned it's about as real as Battlefield 2.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ShatteredSkies

Its a fictional Game

have you seen women that can deflect thousends of bullets with the Mind?
have you seen a Metal gear Rex that can fire Nukes?

of course its as real as BF2

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I was just addressing the member that said MSG was based on fact.

It's not, it's a game that emanates from the minds of Japanese animators, and we all know the kind of ideas they spawn (see Gundam Wing and the likes).

Well anyways, she didn't deflect thousands of bullets with her mind, she was equipped with a magnetic device that did the job for her, done by the Sons of Liberty. Thought you would have know this.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ShatteredSkies

near the end when ocilot shoots her
he shoots her in heart then goes to say oh i forgot you have your heart on the right not left,.

before he shoots her he talks about the device and shows it
because Solidus starts shooting at him with his p90 and she trys using the rail gun,

then Liquids arm takes over and he jumps into metal gear and fires all the load of missiles.

fortune then goes in front while dying as snake tells her it was all done by tec and so on, she goes onto say blah blah

and she ends up creating this barrier with her mind the deflects all the rounds shot at them.

this is my Fav game Serious

my MGS

[edit on 24-12-2007 by bodrul]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join