It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call for opinons: "Peak Oil"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This author contests that we are begining the downhill descent of the oil production bell curve. He calls this Peak Oil. He says that a great Die Off will occur, reducing the world's population to something like 500 million, becaus so much depends on oil transportation.

www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net...

and things to do:

www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net...

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I've read the entire website you posted in the link. I agree, this will be basically what he already covered whoever wrote this article. Oh and, this is yet ANOTHER thing on top of the pile called "Reasons why the world will end by or before 2012". The pile just keeps getting Bigger.

Mayan Calendar?
Religions?
Cataclysms?
New World Order?
World War III?
Comet?
Planet X!
ALIENS LANDING!
PEAK OIL!
As you can see, our civilization has no right to continue after all this! Now imagine most of this if not everything basically happening at the same time. Who says you have to pick ONE of them to end our civilization as we know it? Nah, I'd say most of them will start occuring very soon, and well then the real fun starts. I gotta say, just the anticipation alone is very exciting.

Imagine: This year is the LAST year of relatively "normal" existance anyone on the planet will experience. After the next elections, you better fasten your seatbelt. Kansas is going bye bye!

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
Imagine: This year is the LAST year of relatively "normal" existance anyone on the planet will experience. After the next elections, you better fasten your seatbelt. Kansas is going bye bye!

Hmmmm??? I read this somewhere after clicking on the predictions that Netchicken posted in the beginning of the year.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
And this is the right time to foces more on alternative energy and less on oil. Some are doing just that; others are not.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I must admit, our current society is blind, ignorant, and gets exactly what it asked for. What's coming up is more of a cyclical "cleansing" of the planet. It's good for the planet too! Oh and I think I forgot to mention the Pole Shift above to add to the list.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Netchicken is one of the supermoderators... Know your staff!!!

new topics

top topics

join