It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you on the "NO FLY LIST"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The web is full of fairly scathing attacks on The War on Terror's NO FLY LIST which precludes anyone suspected of being a threat to national security from:

~Boarding a plane
~Going home for Christmas
~Or any number of other unforseen inconveniences that may arise as a result of being able to PURCASE a seat you are not informed you aren't allowed to take until arriving at the gate...

But it's starting to get bad. I'm not talking about just the obvious complaintants like Presidential candidates (Clark's Comments) or civil right's activists, but regular, REAL, everyday people are getting shafted.

Is your name similar to a suspect? Grounded. NBC just ran interviews with college kids and even less threatening subversives that spent the holidays in Airports....because their name was SIMILAR to that of someone else SUSPECTED of being a threat?

Is Katherine Harris running this NO FLY LIST?

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Racial profiling sucks. I hope there aren't too many Irish people on the list...

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarrierAnomaly
Racial profiling sucks. I hope there aren't too many Irish people on the list...

This is more along the lines of TYPOS suck. The girl I just saw on TV that was refused her seat over the holidays was the most pale 'nilla puddin' you ever saw.

Her name was Alexandria. Her last name just happened to be within a half dozen consonants of a suspect. That's what happens when a Katherine Harris type adds every possible spelling or deviation or AKA of a name to a LIST.

Racial profiling does suck. But LISTS make everyone just as likely a target.

new topics

join