It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US ID cards?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Link
"September 11 was quickly followed by calls from some lawmakers and business leaders for a more robust national identification system: ID cards that possess sophisticated biometric data, making them harder to forge than today's driver's licenses. Privacy advocates are strongly opposed, arguing that such cards, while enabling the government to track individuals and access personal data, would do little to separate the innocent citizen from the walking security threat. "

Although this card is only an example of what they may look like,will anyone here accept it and use these cards?

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
...will anyone here accept it and use these cards?

I would use the cards for several reasons.
I have a Social Security Number. I have a Driver's License. I have a birth Certificate. My utilities and lease are under my name. I am me. Its just another ID card except instead of my picture, birth date and other infro is hase a biometric ID as well.

Unless you are completely avoiding being identifiable, why not accept a new form of ID?

While i'd be more adverse to being physicaly marked (an implanted ID chip or Barcode type skin marking) even that would at least cut down on identity theft.

I'm fine if other are against the idea, as long as you are also fine with terrorist comming into the country under fake names, people getting credit cards in YOUR name, and the ability for police agencys to misidentify you and arest you for crimes some one else commited in your name.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
they could atleast change the name to something a little more hip thant USID

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy

Happy-fun-time ID card! Now with kung-fu grip!

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I borrow the words of so many America lovin' rednecks, "Love it or Leave it". In this case, I'll leave the sh�t.

There are many things that would make the push towards a National ID card sound like a good idea, but I still don't like the idea of anything that could be RFID chipped in my wallet. As for chipping or barcoding people, last August I got a barcode tattooed on my leg, I felt the need to beat the feds to it.

In the case that these became manditory for all citizens and nationals, I would leave the country, denounce my citizenship, burn a flag, and probably scream a whole lot of obscenities. I don't have a problem with being identifiable, I carry about 11 forms of ID on me at all times. I do have a problem with a card linked to a national database that blah blah blah because it just sounds like a bad idea. Anytime the words national and database come together, bad thoughts make their way into my head.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Like NWOID i.e.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Turn over any of your current ID cards. Is there a balck strip? (There should be on most new driver's license)

If so, you're already walking around with a magneticaly encoded ID number readable by electronic devices.

Does your car have an electronic ignition? (unless you built it yourself or it older than about 20 years it probably does)

If so you car's computer is a trackable marker of your movements.

DO you have any non-organic materials in your body?

If so then testing the materials they are made of can track to when and where you got them and the records of who you are.

Do you own or lease land or a home?

If so your name and SSN are tied to it and the deed no matter how many times it changes hands can be traced back to you.

Are taxes taken out of your paycheck? (Or if you work leagaly in the US)

If so then you SSN is trackable where ever the pay check goes including your bank, the account number and every where that you ever wrote a check or used a debit card.

A new ID card would only be a uniform way of tracking people including those new to the country that do NOT have any of the above things.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

"oh, I know ...how about U.S.A.B. (United Slave of Amerika Beacon)

new topics

top topics

join