It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Wow.. weak ass answers, in the bible it says 2 different things on those questions, so I was asking your opinon not some smart ass holier than thou bull#.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Ones I'd really liked answered...

What are the Nephilim?my einglish is NOT the best. and i read a RUSSIAN Bible. so please help me out with were it talks about this.

Do you think Cain was a product of Eve/Snake in the Garden? He was the first murderer after all... Evil came from some where no?he is the product of Adam and Eve. and the SIN. the sin gave birth to death.

Do you find it odd that there are occult symbols such as a Cross as in two lines crossing, with a sun place on it, found on zodiacs? Do you think this has anything thing to with the "son" being put on the cross?dont get what you are talking about

I've heard of time where Jesus is alive but not really accounted for, some say he traveled across the lands, what do you say?Jesus left the Earth and is NOT back. It can be only the anti-christ if he in human form.

When did David bring the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem? Before defeating the Philistines or after?read the Bible and study it

Was Jesus crucified on the daytime before the Passover meal or the daytime after? same as above

Did Judas die by hanging, or falling onto the rocks?
he hung

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Wow.. weak ass answers, in the bible it says 2 different things on those questions, so I was asking your opinon not some smart ass holier than thou bull#.

?

what ever you say.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The whole read the bible is what I reffering too..

If I didn't want your answer I would've just done that and read it over and over..

Nephilim... They are the ones who breed with the daughters of man.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   

The whole read the bible is what I reffering too..

If I didn't want your answer I would've just done that and read it over and over..if you give me the place were to read i will try but without that i will NOT sit and look for it.

Nephilim... They are the ones who breed with the daughters of man. i try get this later

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Was Jesus crucified on the daytime before the Passover meal or the daytime after?

After (Mark 14:12-17)

Before. Before the feast of the Passover (John 1) Judas went out at night (John 13:30). The other disciples thought he was going out to buy supplies to prepare for the Passover meal (John 13:29). When Jesus was arrested, the Jews did not enter Pilate�s judgment hail because they wanted to stay clean to eat the Passover (John 18:28). When the judgment was pronounced against Jesus, it was about the sixth hour on the day of Preparation for the Passover (John 19:14)

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Was Jesus crucified on the daytime before the Passover meal or the daytime after?

After (Mark 14:12-17)

Before. Before the feast of the Passover (John 1) Judas went out at night (John 13:30). The other disciples thought he was going out to buy supplies to prepare for the Passover meal (John 13:29). When Jesus was arrested, the Jews did not enter Pilate�s judgment hail because they wanted to stay clean to eat the Passover (John 18:28). When the judgment was pronounced against Jesus, it was about the sixth hour on the day of Preparation for the Passover (John 19:14)

it was after Jesus make HIS passover with his 12 students.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
OK, I wuld like to start of by saying. " I don't know what has been said in this thread so far." That said here's my 2 cents.

The "Old Testiment" is supposed to be the same thing as the "Talmud"(Jewish Bible(See:Torrah)). Being a philosophy major, I've read both. Here's the thing; The "Bible" that most people have read is the "King James" version. King James commisioned it to be translated during his reign (I can't remember the years, sorry). However, he had it translater from Latin to English. The Latin version however was translated from a Hebrew text. So the modern Bible (King James Version) is a translation of a translation. King James is the man who started the Church Of England and, he wanted a interpretation that didn't place the Catholic Pope as the center of power for Christianity (Like the latin version did). So, he commisioned the best scholars in latin that existed at the time (William Shakespere was one), to transfer the text from Latin to English without placing any one man at the head of the church. This way, he could use the newly invented "Guttenburg" (Not Steve either) press to mass produce a scripture virtually identical to the Latin version for the common man and, place himself at the helm of the new common religion (in Englang/Brittian). You see, before the "Guttenburg" press, only monks in monistaries had copies of the "Bible". They told people what it said and, they did what they were told. When the "Guttenburg" (Still, not Steve) press was invented however, the common man had access to copies of it because it was being mass produced instead of being hand copied. By commisioning a translation in to English, he was able to establish more control over his subjects by, naming himself head of the church. Eventually Lutherans gave us the idea of self interpretation of the "Bible" and that's why Martin Luther was martyred.

The End!

[Edited on 1/10/04 by NotTooHappy]

[Edited on 1/10/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Hi,
i have a few questions if you dont mind:

1. Who wrote the Gospel, it wasnt Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, because it says According to..., so who wrote it?

2. Does that mean it still is the real Gospel??? (Following from question 1)

3.What are there surname's???

4. Also is it true that there is a missing Gospel, the Gospel of Barnabas???

5. If so, where can i get my hands on a copy???

Thanks Heaps

Salaam

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Guerilla
Hi,
i have a few questions if you dont mind:

1. Who wrote the Gospel, it wasnt Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, because it says According to..., so who wrote it?

2. Does that mean it still is the real Gospel??? (Following from question 1)

3.What are there surname's???

4. Also is it true that there is a missing Gospel, the Gospel of Barnabas???

5. If so, where can i get my hands on a copy???

Thanks Heaps

Salaam

All good questions. Like most "holy" texts, noboby has a copy of the original writings. They all started out as oral histories/traditions/fables/legends that somebody eventaully collected a wrote down. So, I don't know if there is a copy of the origanal writings or if, there only exists "translations" of them.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Its been my understanding that the Nephilim was a result of Fallen Angels (aliens) breeding and experimenting with the daughters of men. The Nephilim were giants. They were all killed in the flood because they were all evil as Fallen Angels made them. I dont know what you would call them today, or if they would be called the samething, but I know aliens (Fallen angels) have been experimenting with humans, trying to create souls, they havent been successful with that and they never will, but they can create clones, that have no conscience, and are under total control of whatever they (fallen angels) tell them to do. They are on Earth. The shadow government works with aliens (fallen angels), however, they dont exactly know that they are fallen angels and I cant imagine them caring even if they did know, theyve been so decieved and manipulated since the Roswell crash (which was intentional).

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   

What are the Nephilim?

The Nephilim are the descendants of the "sons of God"* and the daughters of men. Genesis 6: 4

*KJV translates this word as "sons of God", but the New JPS Translation of the Torah translates it as "divine beings".

Concerning the word "Nephilim: This specific word (Chaldean in origin) is only used in two places in the Bible. This passage and Numbers 13:33 which is where Caleb and the spies reported back on what they saw when they scouted the land of Canaan. ALL other references to giants use a different word. The JPS translation translates these two references Nephilim. This word is plural in both instances. "For other Chaldean ancient versions of these texts the meaning is "the giant in the sky, i.e. the constellation Orian, plural the greater constellations. Etymology of this word is uncertain." Some have compared this with a similar Chaldean word which has been rendered as "great, large in body; but this is incorrect; for it means, excellent, noble, skillful. It seems to be preferred to render it in the context of "falling on, attacking..." (This information is taken from Strong's Exhaustive Concordance and Gesenius' Hebrew-Chaldee Lexicon of the Old Testament)

Do you think Cain was a product of Eve/Snake in the Garden?

No, I don't.

Do you find it odd that there are occult symbols such as a Cross as in two lines crossing, with a sun place on it, found on zodiacs? Do you think this has anything thing to with the "son" being put on the cross?

This is not a question concerning the bible, so I'll pass on it.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

More Questions:

Did Judas die by hanging or by falling onto some rocks?

He hanged himself. Matthew 27:5.

Is God good or evil?
Psa. 145:9. The Lord is good to all.
Is. 45:7 I make peace and create evil. I the Lord do all these things.

God is good. Isaiah 45:7 uses a Hebrew word that can be translated to ways. The JPS translation of the Holy Scriptures translates this as "woe". Gesenius provides the following information on this word: 'evil which any one does OR which happens to any one (i.e. calamity). Apparently the JPS considers the second (calamity) as more appropriate to this verse. That all things that take place must be allowed by God is given if He is believed to be omnipotent.

Is it alright to call someone a Fool?
Matt. 5:22 Whosoever shall say Thou fool, shall be in danger of hellfire.
Matt. 23:17 (Jesus said) Ye fools and blind.

Though it's probably not real nice to call some one a fool, it's okay. You are taking the statement made by Christ in Matthew 5:22 out of context and this is leading to confusion. Christ is speaking of the Mosaic law and is using this statement (i.e. if you call some one a fool, you're damned according to the law) to make a point that all have sinned, will sin, and fall short. His point is the opposite to what you are interpreting the verse. If youll back up to at least verse 17 and read it in context you'll see how this is meant.

How can God be Jealous if he isn't Human?
Ex 20:5 "...for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God..."
Gal 5:19-20 "Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are...jealousy..."

Who said God does not have emotion? What led you to believe because He is not human He does not have emotion. We are "made in His image", I assume that means emotion wise as well. The OT describes many emotions of God. How could He love us if He didn't have emotion?

I've heard of time where Jesus is alive but not really accounted for, some say he traveled across the lands, what do you say?

I don't really have an opinion and don't really feel that it is that important in the big picture.

When did David bring the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem? Before defeating the Philistines or after?

After, as accounted in two places II Samuel and I Chronicles.

After as the Last Supper was their Passover meal.

[Edited on 10-1-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Valhall

Thank you very much for answering those questions.

Is there anyone else with any question?

Out,
Russian

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join