It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: F-22 Raptor...the new fighter simply can't do everything its backers say it can

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Wing And A Prayer

The way Air Force officials and Lockheed Martin executives tell it, 2003 marked a turning point in the development of the F/A-22 Raptor fighter jet.

They solved the computer problems that plagued the plane for years, ironed out some airframe issues and put the jet on track to start arriving at Langley Air Force Base late this year.

"The program was struggling there for a while," said Maj. Gen. Doug Pearson, the Air Force Flight Test Center commander at Edwards Air Force Base in California. But he called the recent progress "extraordinarily successful."

Raptor detractors say that news is too good to be true...

Read The Full Article

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Why would somebody detract this plane unless it was about money not in their pocket?

I would want this plane to be good and at least be improvable over its service life.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
An interesting note.... I was quite surprised, to see the Raptor as one of the three stealth planes flying during the Rose Parade.... Seems like it is well on track to me... As some may recall, I have a rather personal connection to this, as my father works on this plane in GA. Of course, he doesn't exactly "gab" about it...

new topics

join