It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

grey aliens R hypnogogic imagery

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Whatever you see during an episode of cognizant sleep paralysis is nothing but a dream. The psychological term is "hypnogogic imagery." The aliens are not real,(human brains work alike and manifest similarly) and the little grey guy with a probe up your (c) is probably symbolic of some subconscious obsession you have with your own anus.

The grey guy is a human brain manifestation. The hallucination has been reproduced in laboratory setting by stimulating certain areas of the brain.
Grey alien abduction Iccubus, Succubus demon attacks..all these are S.P. induced..They are very real seeming and have plagued humans forever. About 20 percent of all humans have experienced these at 1 time or another. This is the explanation for "abductions" and "attacks"

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
no wonder your mood is:

This is your explanation, you were in a research team or you read it somewhere, why not try sharing a link with us?

Anyway, what about abductions with witness? And how come one can have such great "imagination"?

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
good questionaire
watarts.uwaterloo.ca...://neuro-
(I cant get this to work)

sleep paralysis or Out of Body exp?

www.mgh.harvard.edu/neurowebforum/GeneralFeedbackArticles/sleepparalysis.html

alien abduction or SP!?
"The "gray" is about four feet high, with a slender body and neck, a large head, and huge, black, slanted, almond-shaped eyes. Grays usually have no hair and often only three fingers on each hand. Rarer aliens include green or blue types, the taller fair-haired Nordics, and human types who are sometimes seen working with the grays. ..."

www.trionica.com...

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by xxKristinexx]

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
NO I was the subject.
Having 100s of these episodes and now being able to induce them.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxKristinexx
Whatever you see during an episode of cognizant sleep paralysis is nothing but a dream. The psychological term is "hypnogogic imagery." The aliens are not real,(human brains work alike and manifest similarly) and the little grey guy with a probe up your (c) is probably symbolic of some subconscious obsession you have with your own anus.

The grey guy is a human brain manifestation. The hallucination has been reproduced in laboratory setting by stimulating certain areas of the brain.
Grey alien abduction Iccubus, Succubus demon attacks..all these are S.P. induced..They are very real seeming and have plagued humans forever. About 20 percent of all humans have experienced these at 1 time or another. This is the explanation for "abductions" and "attacks"

I posted something similar to this a few days ago, and I believe it can explain a good number of abduction cases, but certainly not all.

Often times when you hear of abductions, they center around sexual stimuli: reproductive organs, etc.
This can often be explained by deep psychosexual abuse or trauma, often coming from a strong sense of denial.
"Joey" was touched by his uncle many times when he was a child. He loved his uncle dearly, and simply cannot cope with the fact that it was a family member, and has convinved himself he was abducted by Aliens. These people don't "know" their lying and don't mean to deceive anyone. They have truly convinced themselves this is what has happened to them and firmly believe it.

However, I don't think it's fair to label all cases this way. It certainly would be irresponsible to say everyone who came forward with an abduction story was abused or is supressing a memory they would rather not remember. However, I believe it can explain many of the more outlandish, perverse abduction scenarios.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I personally think that there is a 50:50 chance of being these aliens real, but someone called dr. boylan gave me some explaination that these aliens are real deals.
If you like to ask him, you can just e-mail him and ask about everything about aliens as you want, and he will answer you.
just check out his website at: www.drboylan.com

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Grays were created by proctologists in order to distribute anal probes, and increase appointments because of which.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Your right this phenom cannot account for all but Im willing to bet SP accounts for alot. It is a terrifying experience if you dont knwo whats happening.

The problem is it is soooo realistic, the person or "victim" BELIEVES he is awake. ( Sees the room as it was and feels he is moving about it). But he is not he is in fact ASLEEP and this has been a proven fact to people who S W O R E they were abducted by grey aliens.
I thought I was having OTBs or seizures of some sort, I would never expect this was natuarl affecting many other people at some time or another

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Your right this phenom cannot account for all but Im willing to bet SP accounts for alot. It is a terrifying experience if you dont knwo whats happening.

The problem is it is soooo realistic, the person or "victim" BELIEVES he is awake. ( Sees the room as it was and feels he is moving about it). But he is not he is in fact ASLEEP and this has been a proven fact to people who S W O R E they were abducted by grey aliens.
I thought I was having OTBs or seizures of some sort, I would never expect this was natuarl affecting many other people at some time or another

Yes, I believe this is also characterized by the sleep disorder "Narcolepsy", in which the sufferer can have very real, vivid, lifelike dreams or hallucinations of weightlessness and feelings of hovering over their bodies or looking down on themselves. The "grey" alien report can be another symptom of this syndrome.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
So why are so many so reluctant to believe that many of the "abduction" experiences are part of syndromes and proven phenoms???
Wouldnt you rather believe you had a rare but NATURAL episode instead of an abduction by grey men who were experimenting on you???

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

So why are so many so reluctant to believe that many of the "abduction" experiences are part of syndromes and proven phenoms???

Publicity.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Wouldnt you rather believe you had a rare but NATURAL episode instead of an abduction by grey men who were experimenting on you???

Always unpleasant. I am happy to be in the 80% that is not effected by this stated natural effect.

Still, the Grey is the new symptome.
When they first appeared in our subcontiousnes, was their image effected by external influence?
There were people who never saw an image of Grey, and claim to have been abducted.
The feeling of evil surrounding you, of floating... yes, this is quite acceptable. And you were the subject, you already knew the image of a Grey, your brain generated images of them as you have made them in your mind.
How has the grey being been created in our minds? Once they were little, green men from mars, demons, golems and others, this was the image created by the media or mythology. Grey seem to have been encountered before they became a part of the "popculture".

I must agree, this explains most "kinky" abduction cases, still the subject is enormous and not all cases can be solved by this (very good
) explanation.

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by Johnny]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I have experienced sleep paralysis on occasion. Never saw a gray but did see a shadow creature. But I've also seen beings that looked like shadow creatures when I was a kid (always out of the corner of my eye).

I was also able to see through my closed eyelids (aka stral sight, also during hypnagogic state) and once I saw an old fan in one of those experiences which we threw away years ago (they say that old furniture and other stuff sometimes remain in the higher dimensional replica of the house long after the actual object has been discarded).

During the hypnagogic state some things can be hallucinations and some things can be real. To my knowledge, we have no way of determining what is real and what is hallucination. To say that all imagery experienced during such a state is only hallucination is like throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I never saw the grey creature I never "saw" anything-- I FELT the worse sence of forboding and evil that scared the # out of me like never before. I FELT hands grab each arm and sky rocket me upwards. But It was the body tremor and sound of crackling and buzzing and numbness that made me think I was havin a seizure of some kind.
The nice thing about it is afterwards the vivid and lucid dreams I would have are outrageous I often see people who have passed in a serene place such as a forest or ocean or some incredible landscape. But then I always have to walk back through mud or a broken down shed or barn to wake up, like a symbol of the real world. But I couldnt figure what was goin on I researched and spoke to a doctor...Now I can use the phenom to cause great lucid dreaming!
Kris

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Do you know of any people who have participated in this experiment? Did they see grays?

If you write that the abductions with visual experience are natural, has this been achieved on any subject?

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by Johnny]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

But It was the body tremor and sound of crackling and buzzing and numbness that made me think I was havin a seizure of some kind.

FYI that's the beginning stage of an out of body experience!!!
I've experienced them also, when I had those experiences or just failed to leave my body.

See my thread here with a humongous amount of information on OOBE's...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I used to be plauged by sleep paralysis and waking dreams...mostly in youth, though they got more imaginative as I aged. Never saw stereotypical greys, but shapeshifting entities... once with neck pain (leaving three very real holes in a tri pattern).

Also the OOBE thing. Hard to say, but I used to have 'flying' um 'dreams'. The ones I KNEW were dreams were very cartoonish, 'swimming' in air, popping my head through the atmosphere to star gaze... the others were waking, slipping away and then suddenly soaring across vast landscapes. There was no element to 'flying' as I had no body, but still...

In all these events I've remained open to the possibility it was dreaming... and later in life was even able to exert some control over the content and direction. Anyhoo...

They can be scary. And even if just 'dreaming' not necessarily exclusive to paranormal activity.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I FELT the worse sence of forboding and evil that scared the # out of me like never before.

Sudden dramatic unrationalised fear is very common round unexplained phenomina. The fear can be brought on in a second, and gone by the next, or it can be linked to a certain area on the ground. There are many theorys to what causes this, some say that it is a trail of "negative energy" left by a creature in distress or that is very angry. A more plausible explination is that it is to do with electromagnectic radiation, a force that has been linked as a factor is causing hallucinations and seeing hypnogogic "imagery".

Hypnogogic imagery is actually very common, many people experiance instances of it without even noticing it or shrugging off and explaining it rationally.
For example is someone wakes up in the morning (the most common time to experiance these "illusions") and begins to see a grey creature at the foot of their bed, they sum it up to do with being tired, and the next time they look its gone (others know when they are dislusional and the imagery passes with speed).

instances involving these images appearing and dissapearing must fall under the catagory of dillusions or hallucinations, when clearly sometimes they are completly unrelated to mear tricks of the mind. The fact is that the brain is an incredibly powerfull tool, and its main goal is usually to be comfortable, it can make mental problems physical in an effort to make the problems easier to expel, in short you mind can make you face your inner deamons in (what you think is) the flesh, and create wounds, cuts or marks as evidence it happend.

SevenZeroOne made a good point about young "joey"s pychic repression. Another instance that came to mind was when a young man claimed that aliens abducted him and his grandmother after she had decribed the aliens too him. He does not remember what they did in the spaceship. After they where returned to earth, his grandmother said she wanted to go home, the man drove her home and the next day she was found dead in her bed.
The sad truth is that the man never spoke to his grandmother after a row with her when he was young, he had always wanted to patch things up with her but she died before he ever tryed, the stress on his mind was far to much and this dillusion manisfested itself.

If we are ever to ask for solid proof of aliens among us we are going to need something other then the first hand tales of people's experiance or mass-eyewitness accounts (if electromagnectic radiation can affect a large area it can cause mass dillusion within that area - thats probably why most mass-eyewitness accounts include 1 or 2 inderviduals in the area that did not see anything though they should have). We're going to need things like, high-resolution photographs, clear and unedited video footage, physical material from craft. biological material from the EBE's.

Well thats my take on it all.

[Edited on 5-1-04 by BruceAkolD]

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Ah, now I know why I signed up here...the discussions go that extra level.

I have some questions. I have experienced SP as a child and once or twice as an adult...all left me petrified (and I mean I didn't go back to sleep again till the sun came up), yet they all seemed after a while as being dreamy or unreal and except for the fear, quickly faded on details. Also as I remember the greys picked up in popularity right before Communion came out around 1984-86. I believe the TV commercials for the Time Life Book series on the paranormal sticks with me as the first time a "common alien" was promoted to all of the U.S. So:

Why are the greys suddenly the primary bad guy in SP, when at no other time in history they are described in psychology, religious texts, or historical art? (I am aware of the myth connection, but to me that is too broad based and does not show a consistant description of a short, telepathic, grey-almond eye demon(s) experimenting on subjects...but that is my opinion.)

If it is so scary, why do some people not feel scared when they experience a grey abduction? Some describe a brotherly connection and relax, yet the same procedures seem to take place as a horrific experience.

Why (and this may be discredited) did so many children in the South African school all see two greys apparently working on their ship? As far as I know, none with age have admitted to have making this up and still stick to their story. Whether true or not, why are people describing these same creatures both in SP and in "real life"?

The only thing I can think of is something out of Arthur C. Clarke's Childhood's End, in which the aliens that come to earth appear as devils. Despite their horned devil appearance, they are friendly and the devils themselves figured the human consciousness throughout time had equated their arival with the end of the world, and therefore saw the alien-devils as being bad. Interesting...

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
With SP, I initially get that horrible terrible fear thing, not to mention, flashing lights and this crackly buzzing sound from within.... but after I have the most wonderful experiences, the most beautiful landscapes..Out of body SEEMING experience that is so real and true to life...the sounds the smells. I cant tell you how real and amazing. The soundssss. I walked through a midevil forest and I heard scraping...I got closer and I saw a small bloody fawn. I thought it was dead but it had just been born. It stared at me until it could rise up. Its movements were so incredibly real. The sound I heard was a male deer scraping the felt off its antlers. It was so cool. I know for a fact that these are not OTBs but they are wonderful lucid dreams of flying and such.
When I first had these episodes I was so scared I would only sleep during the day in the house downstairs with the lights on while people were home. The exhaustion induced them. When I realized these incredble sometime violent seeming episodes were in my mind (because others saw me asleep when I was walking around the clouds:up
I no longer fought them. I see there are different types some malevolent, some likke your swimming in love...I just cant explain it. But I know I never left my body I never was possessed abducted, ect.
Even though I have microscopic "cyst like object" on my optic nerve, which I read was a sign of abduction. boy did I freAk! But I was told by a physician that its probably always been there, but they found it during some testing I had some years back.
I dont know what to believe but I know ALL of MY "episodes" are either physically, psych, biologically, physiologically explained..I think

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join