It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you seen an Unidentified Flying Object?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
i've seen them two times. one was last week.

the other about fifteen years ago.

i also saw, with another witness, a huge bright light (in broad daylight) that was the height of an apartment building. my brain registered 'stadium lighting' for the first millisecond.

my recent 'encounter' was late at night, about 2:30 AM, as i drove home between london, ont. and toronto, ont. along highway 401.

i saw a bright white light. very close. maybe a kilometer from the highway, and less than a thousand ft. up. it matched my forward speed(about 120 km/h, or 70 mph). i kept glancing over at it, while trying to keep my eyes on the road. once when i glanced over, there was a red glare on my car door window. it kinda looked like a bar code scanner's light, except in a tighter pattern.

i kept trying to see the flying object as an airplane. i looked for the standard red and green lights, and tried to see the white light as the landing lights.

it didn't work.

there were no green lights, the white light shone in every direction, and the red lights were mounted on the bottom of the craft, facing towards the ground. the white light also had a shape. it didn't look like a spotlight shining outwards. it looked more like radiant light shining in every direction, and was thick at the front, and had a skinny 'tail' behind.
the red lights were more like ambient lighting than direct lighting, too. you know, like the actual source of light was countersunk into the craft, and the red was like a 'lampshade' at the end of the light "socket". like recessed spotlights for home lighting. not at all like the red lights flashing on an airplane's wingtip.

the craft first drove parallel, and then after disappearing behind a low level cloud, did a 90° turn, and then headed across the highway. after it turned, i passed it, and had to look behind me to see it. that's when i noticed the (much dimmer than the white) downward facing red lights(i was two i saw, but symmetry tells me there were three).

for size estimates, i would say bigger than a cesna, and, say, bigger than a sikorsky sky-crane, but smaller than a large passenger jet.

anyway. that's what i saw. life's so wierd these days, i don't even CARE if aliens were scanning me for caloric breakdown. EAT ME ALREADY!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Also in '98 was walking my dogs at 0500 before work. It was early fall. I can't remember exact date. The entire NE sky was illuminated by red, green, blue strobe. It was a bit foggy and naturally thought the strobe atop a major medical center was the cause. But I sighted strobe during walk and it's stobing did not correlate with the impressive strobing on clouds. It was pretty freaky. It lit up a good 8mi radius in its brilliance. Sure would like to know what caused it.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hello Antar,

Your so envolved with this and share the unmost respect of others, which is obvious with the replies that you have made to all of us!

I'm convinced there is a true meaning for everyone that has seen a "Sighting" Rather it be a warning... or a mere obseverence.
My take, there is a reason to take note!

What is going on in that area that would account for such activity???????

I suspect, Allot!

Just my thoughts.

Jessemole.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Ive seen several silver discs in my life, mostly when I was a kid. Ive also had plenty of nightdreams and nightmares of aliens, abductions, etc. I suspect that I had some physical experience / contact as a child but have somehow managed to erase it from my memory (or have it erased).

the last event happened a few weeks ago though. it was the first such event since many years. I was sitting out on the porch admiring how unusual it was that clouds were hovering so close above me. "is that fog, or are those clouds? Clouds and fog are the same thing, right?" i was thinking. Behind one of the clouds there was a bright, shining light that caught my attention the longest. "What is that? Is it a star or the moon? Must be the moon. Or a star." after awhile I returned inside. but back inside I couldnt get my mind of that shining llight. so after about 15 minutes I went back out. the clouds were now gone. And all I saw was the black night sky....the stars very tiny and very far away compared to that light. And it hadnt been the moon either as I noticed the moon behind me, on the other side. A rush of recognition: It must have been something other than the stars or the moon! The clouds were disguising it! Chills through my body. omg!

That was my last experience. I do sense though that my sightings are not entirely independent of my state of mind. Its like you could only see them when you are perceptive enough or relaxed enough.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Skyfloating Although you are very brave and seemingly ready to open up about your experiences with the very real abduction phenomenon, this thread is not the place at this time. I went to the archives and went through several pages back to try and find a good ongoing thread on the subject for you to connect with others. I really feel that this will be an important step for you. Here is one that I thought was moving along with the respect and integrity you so deserve. If you at some point decide to go into the archives you just use the Google search engine above and to the right and type in your query. You will always find those that joke about the probes and such, they probably never got past toilet training in their personal lives and so needless to say, be strong and you can always U2U others that you resonate with on the abduction phenomenon. Go for it and come back here to tell us more as you remember about the craft.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Jessemole, You are quite right in my opinion. One thing I find important is the fact that millions of astronomers have gazed into the heavens and never saw anything other than stars. I have a little theory about why. It may take a certain part of the brain to be open to even seeing them. Anyone can, its just for most they would have to be pointed out first, then as the brain has a chance to wrap around the unfamiliar physics you cannot help but to see them. I am specifically talking about alien technology and not so much the back engineered type.

Billybob, it has taken me several reads through your post and a days rest before answering you...You have many more observations than you even put down here for us to read and compare notes with. Thank you for attempting to share your amazing sightings. I really understand how difficult it can be to describe what you saw. It is like I mentioned in the above post. As for the stadium lighting, wow that hit home with me! I have had a daytime sighting as well and I have tried but failed to explain it as well as you did.Ok a couple of questions if you please. Were the craft you saw 15 years ago and last week the same? And what happened to the one that you saw as the stadium light? Did it disappear behind clouds? Was the one with the red lights possibly triangular shaped? Forget the Haitian video hoax looking one, silver disc with rounded bottom or top? Also were the lights not symmetrically positioned on the base or under side, I mean on our air planes they are perfectly aligned on each tip for example, were the lights some what askew on the bottom of the one you saw?I hope you can understand my question...

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Yes, I have had two experiences with UFO's in my lifetime. The first time was a very, very stragne experience. It occured in the spring of 2002, and I was driving to the store. I happened to hear a loud roaring noise outside, so I looed up at the sky quickly and saw an F-15 heading in the opposite direction of my car. I didn't think much of it until after I got to the parking lot of the store. As I got out of my car and headed for the door of the supermarket, I looked up at the sky and saw, for about three seconds, a disc shaped craft floating soundlessly arcoss the sky. It quickly vanished behind a large cloud, and I didn't se it come out again. Stunned, I went into the store, got what I needed, and left. The big shcok came as I left to go to my next stop, the mall. As I drove down the busy road, I almost wentoff the road. Ahead of me, fairly far off in the distance, was another disc shaped craft, only this one was tilted on it's side, but not COMPLETELY sieways. It appeared that red orbs were floating on a diagonal axis near the craft. I still can't explain what I saw that day. Two other people I was with also saw what I saw

The other occurance was at a party in the summer of 2003, It was night time. I had been in the house at the time of the sighting, while most other people were in the backyard. I was looking out the window when a ball of light caught my eye. It didn't appear to be any kind of conventional aircarft, and was moving at a fast spped, right near the backyard. However, from what I could see, noboy else caught sight of it, because no one else was lloking in that direction. The craft eventually moved out of sight. When I told them about what I had seen, they laughed it off, obviously a bunch of non belivers.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Originally posted by antar As for the stadium lighting, wow that hit home with me! I have had a daytime sighting as well and I have tried but failed to explain it as well as you did.Ok a couple of questions if you please. Were the craft you saw 15 years ago and last week the same? And what happened to the one that you saw as the stadium light?

well, the craft(s) i saw in 1988(which is actually 19 years ago, i see), i saw with five other people. it was late at night in muskoka, which is north of toronto about 2 1/2 hours. we went to the beach at three in the morning. we were looking up at the stars, and we saw what we thought was a jet, WAAAAY up there. and then, it began zig zagging erratically, and the sideways motions were impossibly fast, and too sharp to be a plane, and too extreme to be, say, atmospheric heat effects.
as we watched one, we noticed more. there were about five, if i remember correctly.

the stadium lighting thing was weird. at ground level, right beside an apartment building, and viewed from about two miles away. me and another person crested a hill that descends into barrie, ontario, and we both saw this intense light that was about five or seven storeys high(it was right beside an apartment, so that is the gauge). to me, it had a pinkish hue. my buddy says it was white.
i saw it for a few seconds, and then the view was obscured by an outcropping of trees as we drove down the hill. when we could see again, the light was gone.
no idea what it was. not even a wild guess. just something two of us saw.

Originally posted by antar Did it disappear behind clouds? Was the one with the red lights possibly triangular shaped?

the *whatever* i just saw, could have been a triangle, but it doesn't match the "dark triangle with a light on each corner" description. i saw a white light, like i said, bigger than a cessna, smaller than a passenger jet, and what i didn't add, is that it was kinda shaped like a popsicle(the light, not the craft, which i couldn't really make out). that is, if you held a popsicle on a stick sideways, and lighted it from the inside, that's what i saw. the stick towards the rear, and the frozen kool-aid pointing forwards.
it disappeared behind a cloud, and a few (seconds?) later emerged on a path perpendicular to it's original direction.

Originally posted by antar Also were the lights not symmetrically positioned on the base or under side, I mean on our air planes they are perfectly aligned on each tip for example, were the lights some what askew on the bottom of the one you saw?I hope you can understand my question...

well, the postitions of the two red lights i saw, which were kind of hard to see because of the white light, were downward facing circular disks, one at the forward tip, and one in the back "driver's side" rear corner. (north american, that is: the left side if your facing the same way as a pilot in a conventional craft)

[edit on 1-9-2007 by billybob]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Thanks Billybob, like I said you have a real talent for describing what you saw. It is not easy to describe something that does not follows the rules of what we perceive as the norm or expected. Your white light experience reminded me of the one my Mom and I saw in sedona heading back towards town from Boynton Canyon one night. It was flying and hovering too low for us to see the underside but instead moved along side of us about 500 feet away. We stopped the car and the engine and the light stopped as well. We heard no noise and once we got back into the car (my Mom got the creeps)and began to take off it sped up very fast and cut in front of us and disappeared with a silent explosion over a red rock structure, a small mountain or large hill. This story goes on as we were very excited as you can imagine and we were not certain that a plane had not just crashed in front of us. After ruling out that possibility I said "Lets go up to the airport!" We hurriedly drove through town to the airport which was closed at that time of night. Parking and turning off the engine we see or hear no sign of any craft or airplane. I stepped out of the car in time to meet up with 5 guys in dark suits all rather shortish and they smilingly said hello and good evening to me and my Mom and called us by name! Goodlooking and very professional ,relaxed and curtious but who were they and what happened to the craft that we saw over by Boynton? I have some ideas boy do I , that is why on the first post of this thread I make sure that this thread is not intentioned to debate weather or not the objects that people see are of terrestrial or extraterrestrial origion. One more thing Billybob, now I never count just some spots of light in the sky as a sighting (I have my limits) Just now stepping out in the twilight of the cool evening here in the MId west, I was looking at the first stars appear when I saw an airplane moving toward me as I contemplated my upcoming PODCAST, when all of hte sudden it takes a right and heads due N. Hummm, I think well, I guess the time has come and the time is right for me to help bring the truth to the surface about this phenomon. At that point it simply faded into the back drop of the sky.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Ive seen two, one a couple of years ago and the other about a week ago. Both were at night and Neither were spectacular in the sense they did not stop that I could get a good look or take a pic.

The last one flew over my head (appx 500-1000 ft above)and was greyish-green, silent and traveling fast in the same direction I was looking - westbound under a full moon.

I mention my sightings as I wanted to say they look much different seen by the naked eye than on a photo or video. I don't know if this true with all sightings? Take time to watch the skies as the more you do the better the chance of spotting one.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I've told this story before on the ATS and I've been gone a longtime. This site has changed so much. I can't say during my absence who I've been talking to, because of a promise I made. The person is renown and it was a fluke how it all came about. Needless, to say I have more of an understanding now. I've always had an open-mind and I was never religious. So that was probably a good thing.

Location: Northeast side of the Pahrump Valley foothills to Mount Charleston. It was a cloudless day in September of 1995 and the sky was totally blue. At that time there was no electricity or phone lines available, in this area. We were extremely secluded from other people. Generators and solar panels were our source of electricity. The wells generator was a 10K, due to the depth of over 450 feet. That morning the water ran out at 9:30 a.m. so I had to go outside and pump some more up from the well. The well is about 100 feet from the house. Just as I was going to pull on the rope I heard an airforce jet and looked up. Airforce jets are certainly not unusual for this area, but what was unusual was there were six star-like objects following it. I ran to the house to get my daughter to see this strange event. I guess I just wanted someone else to verify what I was in fact seeing. Within minutes the jet, with the objects following it went out of sight. They were heading north which could lead to Area 51. My daughter and I were baffled as to what those things were, but I proceeded to pump up the water from the well.We went back inside and my daughter started doing the morning dishes. We'd talk about those strange lights, following the jet. I brushed it off.... as some military secret project of some kind.

After doing all the mornings chores the water ran out again. It was 11:30 a.m. Just as I opened the door to go outside *THERE THEY WERE*! Directly above my head at 12:00 o'clock high at approximately 100 feet up. There were anywhere from 150-200 of these star-like objects. I yelled to my daughter to come see this! We both went outside right underneath them. We just stood there and watched in awe.The objects ranged from the size of a basketball to that of a tennis ball. They could maneuver up, down, sideways, and zig-zag. They were silent and even appeared to be dancing, across the sky. Moving ever-so slowly. I felt (they knew) we were watching them. My daughter asked, " Mom what are those things?" Moms are supposed to have the answers right? This time I didn't have a clue and responded, I don't know??? I call them a star-like objects, because they were a brilliant white light. These too were moving in a northerly direction. The duration of this incident seemed about twenty minutes. My husband had taken the truck over to help out our nearest neighbor about 1/2 mile away. Two of the lights left the main *pack* and flew over that area too, which was further northeast of our place. When my husband got home my daughter and I told him what happened and asked if he seen anything. He said they didn't see anything because they were too busy working. My husband believed our story without any problems, because he too has witnessed so many strange things in these skies.

At about 3:30 p.m. we had to go into the town of Pahrump. We ran out of toilet paper and there's no way I'm going to wing it on that! Our daughter did not want to go with us. I told her if she stays home, she must STAY inside the house! I did NOT want her going outside alone thinking *those* things could come back! She promised me that she would stay inside and she's never broken a promise. It would only take us about 30 minutes and our daughter was not a small child at the time.

When we got back home around 4:00 p.m. Our daughter was inside the house crying and appeared extremely pale! I asked her what was wrong and she just kept crying and crying. My husband made the comment 'maybe we should take her to the ambulance bay and have them check her out. She didn't want anything to do with that, so she spoke up. "If I tell you,,,you will get mad at me" Right then I knew that she gone outside, after making the promise that she would not. She said, " I went outside and I don't know why? I know I promised I wouldn't,, but I couldn't help myself.!" This is the story she told my husband and me.

Mom I went outside shortly after you guys left and I don't know why I did. The lights came back mom. One about the size of of a basketball almost lit on our 8 foot fence on the north side of the property. She showed us where she was standing and the object would have been approximately 20 feet from her. She said, " It started making a strange noise. An extremely irritating humming sound and was changing from the light form, into what appeared metallic." That's when she decided to flee back into our home. The sound it made scared her so bad. She stated she even heard her deceased grandfather's voice telling her,,,To run inside the house!!!

A few months later our daughter was diagnosed with a thyroid malfunction. I don't know if this has anything to do with the incident or not, but nobody in our family has ever had thyroid problems?

I guess we were not the only ones in Nevada to see these strange lights. People in Las Vegas seen them too. Garage doors were opening mysteriously, for no reason. The media was told that the Awax plane caused that. As far as the lights go.... The military brushed it off, by saying it was army guys, in the nearby mountains using laser beams. My husband and I did see these same lights again, during the 911 no fly time. I was hanging clothes on the clothes line and he was helping me. Every since our multiple sighting I always make it a point to look up. There were only about a dozen at that time and they were at a higher altitude. I did submit a report to Peter Davenport. We've seen a lot of other strange things in these skies, near Area 51, but none of that magnitude!

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

No, I wasnt intending to "be brave and open up on abduction experiences" (which are long passed and no longer important to me), but simply report a pleasant surprise I had with a UFO (more like an Orb) that I had not long ago. And that I did do. nice thread idea, btw.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

i think i'd be more freaked by the omniscient men in black than the ufo.

the level of fakery, mockery and straight out disinfo about ufo's indicates to me that they are probably real. i mean, people don't spend so much effort with fairies, goblins, werewolves or vampires.

mind you, other phenomena and lore is as prevalent. like, ghosts, religious experinces and demonic possession, for example.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yes, when I was a young kid of around 8 I suppose. My brother remembers exactly how I do too and he would have been around 10.
Back then we were heavily into flying saucers, aliens, and space watching shows like project blue book or star trek etc.

Anyways, one night we looked up in the sky as we did allot and noticed what we thought was a shooting star. So we did as kids would do and tried to outrun it. But the odd thing here was everytime this tiny star passed another certain star, that second star that was first stationary, began to move with it as well. It continued this quickly till about 4 or 5 were in a row gliding side by side silenty. Pretty cool to me at the time and now as well I think.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Antar, Good Day!

Wanted to answer your question regarding if any of my sighting's were nere Water, Yes, the last time was again in the area of Water, considerinding I live in Michigan.. However, the body of water we speak of is a river that goes through our City. Now I wish to point out, as I have sugguested in anouther Tread that I have attempted to start, there may be a awareness taking place that suggust a concern for whatever reason's. Regarding my last sighting when I stopped to get coffee, this area in which I seen activity, was now in my opinion, a sign of concern. As a result of our local News reporting... there was/is a Warning going out for our Water supply providing their water gong into that area. Do not drink without our conformation(City)

Our Hospitals are now giving bottled water to patents, and I'm certain there is more far reaching reasons other's in the area that have have been affected. (Health)

Just last week, a area just north of us, had the same issues.

I wish there where a report from someone esle of a sighting to confirm a relationship here.. Just a thought!

Later!
Jessemole.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

Ok Morningstar this is quite possibly one of the most significant accounts of the connection to our future in regards to a massive event scheduled to happen very soon.

I believe that it will occur during the time of the Bush administration.

I need for you to read the thread by Dgtempe. Be sure to read or in your case even possibly reread the thread started about the operation Darkknight. I urge you to read it in it's entirety.

You will find it located here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am also going to invite Dgtempe to join us in discussion about the possible connection to your information.

I would be very interested to listen to any and all accounts that you may recall or those of your husband in regards to Ufos in your past history.

I will also U2U both of you and together we could even possibly meet in the ATS chat room at a given time to discuss this further. Thank you for your input. If I am correct there may be diametrically opposed influences working in tandem to impose 2 very different outcomes for humanity and the ultimate direction we could be headed.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
There is good and bad in all things, a balance. So when we discuss our experiences we have to remain open to both sides of the phenomenon.
Just as I asked in the original post not to attempt to decide if it is our terrestrial technology or extraterrestrial, this is important to keep in mind when looking at sightings.
This thread is only for those that believe there is something more happening here that we cannot explain. Thread is an excellent analogy for what we are pulling together here. A common thread of events and eye witness accounts. Will we eventually see a pattern? I certainly hope so. There are so many branches this can lead to so attempting to remain on track is important. Just as in any other branch of science, we can only observe patiently remain focused on repeatable input.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I know that I said before on several ocassions I do not normally count the various lights in the sky as sightings, but you know I have been seeing alot more activity in this reguard recently above my home. The other night we were looking towards the west and there in front of my yard was an exceptionally bright twinkling star in the distance. My husband and a freind a as well as the kids all decided it was a sattalite. Well as they went back into the house it headed behind a group of trees across the road out of my line of vision and when I walked over to an area where I could see it, it was gone.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
In the country at night I can always see objects that move across the sky, they are like 1 single yellow light not blinking, looking like a star but moving very fast,they move in a straight line and cross the entire sky in 3-4 minutes.
I am sure they are not airplanes because airplanes have red lights and blink.
Maybe they are satellites ?

[edit on 8-9-2007 by pai mei]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

One of my first UFO sightings (experiences) was in the middle of the day in the spring time, April in Newport I was driving in my convertible and came to a stop sign. I had an urge to look over my left shoulder and saw a silver cylinder about a half mile away at 500 feet it looked like a huge farm silo hovering still in mid air. I said to mysellf they have a probe up there and they're watching us definitely telepathy going on. The funny thing is I continued to drive home and didn't even think about what I had just seen. Two weeks later the memory came flooding back into my mind, It was all I could think about that day and I'll never forget it. For some reason after remembering this I turned on the TV to channel 41 the history channel on "UFOS" and there it was the cylinder I saw this was the beginning of four years of experiences including 11:11 prompts. I think we are all connected to all that is in a way that we are just starting to understand. Let the Golden Age Begin.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

I've had serveral close up ufo encounters and have been diagnosed with a thyroid problem but I do feel that there is or was no harm intended.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by truth2u]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join