It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jesus was a black man!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   
did you all Know that jesus was a black man?...or at least a tee-shirt i saw said as much...so was jesus really white as the neo-christian propoganda would have you to believe..or was he black or arab..ect..

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:31 AM
link   
He was Jewish....

Reminds me of a great song though...(from an old spoof movie, "A Man Called Sarge")

Jesus was a black dude,
he was a very special man,
Jesus was a black dude,
not some white guy with a tan.

Jesus was a black dude,
he was a very special soul,
Jesus was a black dude,
he called everybody "bro"....

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
did you all Know that jesus was a black man?...or at least a tee-shirt i saw said as much...so was jesus really white as the neo-christian propoganda would have you to believe..or was he black or arab..ect..

He would have looked like any other Israeli male. He was not white, and while he may have been dark-skinned enough to look like a black man, he would have been middle-eastern in descent.

I imagine, however, if Jesus was a manifestation of God, like he claimed, he could be any skin tone he wanted. In fact, a Samaritan woman calls him a Jew, and the Jews refer to him as a Samaritan. Go figure.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   
You have to remember that before his time everybody was conquering everybody. So I'm pretty sure that the conquerers took advantage of those defeated. Which means that he was probably like me. Heinz 57

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I think to claim he was white (as in all the "mainstream" paintings, etc..) is a bit silly. He most likely was not.

Unless, he was an alien/human hybrid...like the nordics.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well He was most likely not the white bred straight haired ultra caucasion featured dude you've known your whole life.
What else ARENT they telling you

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Come on man..this is not that hard to get. Jesus was born in the middle east. He would not be of the following decent(s):

A) White
B) Black
C) Hispanic

He would look like what we consider today to be "Arab"..that of the likes who live over in the Middle East. This is NOT a hard concept to get.

-wD

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If anybody saw Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, they would know that Jesus was a black man, because the 13th apostle Rufus confirmed it.

On a serious note, I would have to agree with WeBDeviL that if he was born in the Middle East, he would be of Middle Eastern decent. I dont understand where all this "Jesus was black!", "No, Jesus was white!" stuff comes from. Probably from the ignorance of populations over the years. Everybody wants to believe that Jesus was of "their" race. I think it makes them feel better.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I agree with WebDevil 100%.

What gives with all of this confusion?

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   

that sounds like an illmatic67 comment, but in reality it's probably right, but does it matter what colour he was?

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I also have to agree with Milk.

I personally dont care what color Jesus "really was", and neither should anyone else. It shouldnt matter that Jesus was dark or light, he is our SAVIOR. That is all that should matter to anyone of faith.

Ok, sorry to get preachy

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Guys, I dont know about you but I think someone twisted up this whole entire bible story man. Kinda like telephone. some parts added, some parts taken away, some just altered. To me the whole thing sounds like a fairytail. I wish it were all truth but I dont think so. The fact that there is an all knowin god that watches your every move-- be good and goto heaven. Sounds like a way to keep the masses cool

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
So many people spend their time arguing over the color of his skin instead of Listening to His Word, that he would strike them all Blind!

Then EVERYONE and EVERYTHING would be only one color, DARK!

Maybe then he would have their full attention!!

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I would say the color does matter. Since there are white assholes hurting blacks (discriminating, whatever) all in the name of Jesus or the Lord. Calling or thinking all non-whites to be an "abomination"...

Well, it's those fools that need a dose of the truth.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Since when do they do that in the name of Jesus? I thought Jesus was against all form of discrimination?

I don't think Jesus was 'black', but I don't think he was 'white' either.

I personnaly couldn't care less what color he was, and I'm suprised and a little disapointed people give importance to this...

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
From what I know, he never existed.

Deep

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Since when do they do that in the name of Jesus? I thought Jesus was against all form of discrimination?

Just a small group known as the Klan or KKK. Maybe you should do some research. Anyway, sure it can be important, why not? I mean most of the world depicts him as a white guy with blondish hair. If that is not a conspiracy then I don't know what is. Just because you think it's not important does not mean someone else doesn't.

All I stated is that I don't believe he was as he is generally depicted. And I also stated that some groups (such as the KKK) have committed race crimes in the name of religion, when most likely..the god they worship was non-white.
Just seems funny.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Do you really need this question answering?

Does anybody in their right mind really think that Jesus mighnt possibly have been white?!!?

He wasn't West European, so he wasn't white!
He wasn't Oriental so he wasn't "yellow"
He wasn't African so he wasn't black.
He WAS Middle eastern so he was brown. WAHAY!!!!

"Most important religious question finally answered by Smackhead, atheist, Manc on loony conspiracy forum, SHOCKER!!"

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51
I also have to agree with Milk.

I personally dont care what color Jesus "really was", and neither should anyone else. It shouldnt matter that Jesus was dark or light, he is our SAVIOR. That is all that should matter to anyone of faith.

Ok, sorry to get preachy

You dont really care what colour he was? You are not bothered that we have cast him to be white even though he was from the middle east, asthough the only way to make him teh saviour people want him to be is to europanise him? Well, to be honest that makes me sick and If I was Middle eastern I would be #ing fuming about this.

I have just niticed that others like Jezabel and WEbdevil have already pointed out my above post.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Zedd

I didn't knew the KKK were so pro-religious, in such contradictive way anyway...

Well, maybe the fact that I think it's not really important can be explained by the fact that I think Jesus, Christianity and most organised religion are not really important today anyway...

Anyway, if it is, people shouldn't stick to details like that, but try to get the a better grasp of the whole 'message' they try to carry. If it is important...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join