It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic Relative Horror

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I've known for years that my cousin Gary got into some weird stuff later in life, but I just saw him on TV and freaked. Psychic Gary Spivey is THAT famous?

Look at this guy: www.garyspivey.com...

I thought he looked crazy in the 70's, holy smack!

My question is if anyone knows of his work now, etc? He has retreats, schools, CD's and stuff from what I just read on the Internet. In the family, he's kind of (a-hem) not discussed. This is a small NC town, and he's a bona fide freak by the looks of it, but supposedly a multi-millionaire (according to his Mom, my Aunt).

Any scoop?

[Edited on 28-12-2003 by RANT]

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Dude, looking at that website just made my day. That's awesome. Be proud you're related to this guy.

Millionaire? I should get a wig and start my own meditation center! At the very least, maybe you could borrow a few mil from the guy.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by logiclock
Dude, looking at that website just made my day. That's awesome. Be proud you're related to this guy.

Millionaire? I should get a wig and start my own meditation center! At the very least, maybe you could borrow a few mil from the guy.

I used to laugh about it, but just from what I heard through the grapevine. But I think he wants us (his family) to think he's a joke (probably for that reason). Cha-ching! He's rolling in it.

I've heard stories though. I don't think he can come back to NC. Taxes or something. God, that hair's funny. His afro used to be real, and red, with a cheesey 70's moustache. Um, big shocker...he's gay. Did ya get that vibe too? But the white wig? Lawd.

The list of "Modern Nostradamous" predictions is kind of impressive. But I know where he got the act. His Mom. She was a palm reader junkie. He was not 'psychic at age 3' like his bio says.

Oh well, maybe I shouldn't blow it. Go Gary!

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   

That's really funny! I've never heard of this guy before.

Robin Williams doesnt look too impressed though.

What is the deal with the white wig anyway? Psychic amplifier j/k

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I don't know if these pics will work...

But how do you go from THIS:

To THIS:

And yes, Robin Williams looks miserable.

Who else has embarrasing pseudo famous relatives?

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
his haircut game is #ed up

He looks like a bad acid trip 70's pimp... just needs a lil more chest hair

edit: read the rest... found out its a wig... hahaha

[Edited on 28-12-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Sorry, but I just can't help but laugh at his white afro
OMG!!!! LMAO!!!

I should have become a guru or a sect leader when there weren't so many...Could have gotten rich and have a lots of chicks who think I'm the best thing since slice bread. Just look at Rael...

Lucky bastards...

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
m0rbid, we should start a new uber cult.

our cult > yours

will be the motto

Only women allowed.

I will just say I am a female stuck in a male vessel and that I am the returning Goddess of Enoch.

I will wear a golden Afro and detachable penis on my forehead.

tmi?

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
You said he wasn't psychic at age 3. Hmm. Do you think he's really psychic? Do any abilities of that nature run in his family?

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by logiclock
You said he wasn't psychic at age 3. Hmm. Do you think he's really psychic? Do any abilities of that nature run in his family?

Um, no.
From what I know, his Mom kind of went broke in the 70's visiting palm readers that robbed her blind. Gary grew up seeing all this. I don't know what experience at 3 years old he's referencing (as we know hindsight is 20/20) but in his teens he was anything but spiritual. In fact, I have a memory burn of him as one of the scariest things I ever saw when I was like 5 and he was in his teens. Short shorts and some trans am. Horrors.

Like I said, I've heard stories. Like he brought his Mom for a few visits to his estate first in Florida, now it looks like LA. Kind of an Elvis and his Momma thing. But he keeps having to relocate under strange circumstances. Seems pretty settled now (again).

His predictions page says he predicted things like 9/11 on radio broadcasts, so that's something. But as with a cold reader, you don't talk about misses, just hits.

But if you're asking if our family is crazy...oh yes.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
LMAO @ Lysergic !!!

Hey, I like the moto! Hehehehe...

Sorry guys if we went a bit off-topic.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
yeah i've heard of him before. they soemtimes have a running gag on www.wrestlecrap.com about him.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
LMAO @ Lysergic !!!

Hey, I like the moto! Hehehehe...

Sorry guys if we went a bit off-topic.

Heck no. Not off topic. I want a cult TOO!

I just talked to my grandmother. He's back in NC for Christmas! As we speak in his "momma's trailor" in Carthage NC!

Still has his California scams going, IS NOT allowed in Florida, and has both made and lost millions (according to Grandmother). And yes, it's a scam. Sets up appt's a month in advance and has private detectives scope people out before a reading.

(I can't get sued for saying that can I?)

Also, that's his real hair.
It used to be green, before that red....but it's always looked like that!!!! (well since the 70's)

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I've known for years that my cousin Gary got into some weird stuff later in life, but I just saw him on TV and freaked. Psychic Gary Spivey is THAT famous?

It actually looks like it could be a picture of cousin Gary in his younger days in your Avatar. That thing is called an avatar isn't it? Am I confusing my jargon.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
hahaha
that new picture
omg hahaa
thats what i am being on halloween 04

Ps: I also wanted to say he looks like one of those guys that are into fake tanning and doing huge lines of coke....

just my 2 cents.

[Edited on 28-12-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Losonczy

It actually looks like it could be a picture of cousin Gary in his younger days in your Avatar. That thing is called an avatar isn't it? Am I confusing my jargon.

It is an avatar. But I change mine alot. That's from the Twilight Zone episode "To serve man"

IT'S A COOKBOOK!!!

(I'm looking at Gary's picture pages now and seeing LOTS of new avatar ideas)

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

I thought he looked crazy in the 70's, holy smack!

My question is if anyone knows of his work now, etc? He has retreats, schools, CD's and stuff from what I just read on the Internet. In the family, he's kind of (a-hem) not discussed. This is a small NC town, and he's a bona fide freak by the looks of it, but supposedly a multi-millionaire (according to his Mom, my Aunt).

Any scoop?

He is a regular on a popular morning radio show out here in Portland. As far as I have seen, he has predicted the winners of 2 survivors, and has given all kinds of people who call in information that they claim nobody else could know, so... Anyhow, I think he is on Wednesday mornings around 8 am pacific time. You can listen in on www.z100portland.com... . Just find The Chet Beuchannan Morning show, and browse around until you find the link for listening online.

I believe that is where he supposedly predicted 9/11, but I wasnt here then, so I dont know, may have been while the same DJ was working in Vegas, as I guess they are friends from way back. They call him "Americas Favorite Psychic", so go from there...

[Edited on 28-12-2003 by Milk]

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Awesome! Thanks Milk.

I want to call him one morning!

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
the guy is a sham. dont buy into it and finance his ever growing ego (and hair).

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I get a weird vibe off this guy. Something like a conartist ora false of some sort...and something with him being a little tight with money...no offence there, just saying my vibes I got off him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join