It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oh no! Mars beagle, no contact!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

"British scientists have failed in their latest attempt to make contact with the Beagle 2 probe which was to have landed on Mars on Christmas Day.

The lack of a signal is a blow for the European Space Agency which is making its attempt to land a craft on the Red Planet."

Why do so many probes malfunction or get destroyed when reaching Mars? This has happened too many times to be mere coincidence! It's as if...someone or something does not want us really examining the Martian terrain. Hmmm.....

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Cause all the electronics all have the same thing in common made in Taiwan.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Maybe their extention cord for power was'nt long enough?

Very sad though...

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
its probably due to minerals and other gases on the atmosphere or planet that is scrambling comms!

maybe a natural EMP or magnetic poles are diffrent there?

Hell...it could just be down to failed transformers in the comms. unit???

the problem is...we may never know and is tghe plant giving us a warning to stay away?

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
maybe....

i have a some videos of a "suposed" landing the lander had a camra on it and in the video you see this warm moving underground

and people talking "THERE LIVE! THERES LIFE ON MARS"

then a year like 1970 somthing....

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Before long that planet is going to be littered with useless probes that never worked. We'll land there and see the landscape full up burnt up junk from Earth. George Noory said something interesting the other night. He said that one probe was heading to Mars and just before it vanished, loss contact, it saw something heading right for it. I can just see it, big silver jaws opening up and capturing the probe, like in You Only Live Twice. (Is that the right film?) Mars to too far out of our reach. I don't want to think what would happen to a manned mission.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Chances are, since they aren't getting ANY signal, the airbags didn't deploy, and the thing smashed into the ground. If we're lucky, one of the Mars Rovers the US is sending out will land safely on the planet, and they'll be able to cruise over to the landing site and see what's going on. It should only take them about 20 years to get there...

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cursedag
Before long that planet is going to be littered with useless probes that never worked. We'll land there and see the landscape full up burnt up junk from Earth. George Noory said something interesting the other night. He said that one probe was heading to Mars and just before it vanished, loss contact, it saw something heading right for it. I can just see it, big silver jaws opening up and capturing the probe, like in You Only Live Twice. (Is that the right film?) Mars to too far out of our reach. I don't want to think what would happen to a manned mission.

But then, when we run out of resources here, we can just fly over to mars and pick up some scrap

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well, you really have to consider the extent of the logistics and even chance, to pull these things off anyways...

But, also, the mars hex-factor is slowly coming into play in consideration of why no success yet, after so many attempts.

I think natural conditions play no suprise importance, as destructive emp's and the like, would have been detected by now if they were of common occurance

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   
one word. BULLSHlT.
we can send a probe to #ing NEPTUNE, orbit EUROPA but we cant #ing get to the planet ONE #ING ORBIT AWAY? we are NOT being told the whole story here.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier
maybe....
i have a some videos of a "suposed" landing the lander had a camra on it and in the video you see this warm moving underground

and people talking "THERE LIVE! THERES LIFE ON MARS"

then a year like 1970 somthing....

That's a hoax. In fact, it's a movie (we've discussed this one before... it's a really really dreadful B-rate movie, too.)

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
ohhh i see hehe whatwas it called?

i was almost sure it was fake becouse like it dint happen LOL

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
We gotta remember, it's stupid taking a $400-million dollar chance, isn't it? If they are gonna spend this much money, they better be damn sure it'll work, it's not you '69 Chevy, it's a sophisticated, EXPENSIVE piece of fine-tuned and well-tested equipment that is almost SURE to work... unless...

Unless of course they found something and it scared the living sh*t out of them... now they have to cover it up because what they found cannot leak into the public... maybe they decided to never try going to Mars again too.. just like the Moon. Whatever they found on the moon, they never came back for another look since then... Didn't armstrong publically (or some other astronaut) admit that he was told by some aliens to "stay off the moon" etc etc? Hmm...

Or wait.. they already KNEW what's on Mars of course, silly me. They knew exactly what they'll find and they PLANNED this whole fiasco of "losing contact" when in reality contact may still be secretly maintained but the public thinks a big accident happened... bah so many possibilities... one thing is for sure: They are all lying/deceptive/cover-upping bastards who'd say anything the people at the "top" tell them to say. So chances are, it's a coverup/lie as usual. Would you like that to go? Want coke with that? Salad on the side?

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
coke? i could use a couple lines myse.... erm.
but i completely agree, whatever is going on, be it actual loss of contact, or a complete coverup, we are getting the 7% solution here.... haha sherlock holmes.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
We gotta remember, it's stupid taking a $400-million dollar chance, isn't it? If they are gonna spend this much money, they better be damn sure it'll work, it's not you '69 Chevy, it's a sophisticated, EXPENSIVE piece of fine-tuned and well-tested equipment that is almost SURE to work... unless...

Unless of course they found something and it scared the living sh*t out of them... now they have to cover it up because what they found cannot leak into the public... maybe they decided to never try going to Mars again too.. just like the Moon. Whatever they found on the moon, they never came back for another look since then... Didn't armstrong publically (or some other astronaut) admit that he was told by some aliens to "stay off the moon" etc etc? Hmm...

Or wait.. they already KNEW what's on Mars of course, silly me. They knew exactly what they'll find and they PLANNED this whole fiasco of "losing contact" when in reality contact may still be secretly maintained but the public thinks a big accident happened... bah so many possibilities... one thing is for sure: They are all lying/deceptive/cover-upping bastards who'd say anything the people at the "top" tell them to say. So chances are, it's a coverup/lie as usual. Would you like that to go? Want coke with that? Salad on the side?

Hey...word up lilblam...

"they" that went to the moon

"they" that lost crafts on Mars previously

are not the "they" that just suffered a failure

so whatever "they" you are referring to as a singular collective body do not exist

An over abundance of verbage doesn't cover up that you're not quite sure what you're talking about.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Come on people. Accidents happen. I wanna see you go make a space probe and land it on mars. When it crashes i will tell you are lying.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 11:23 PM
link   
i dont think there lieing about lossing cotack

but you know it is a posiblity

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   
accidents happen. yea, ill give you that much. but this is just one in a string of failed probes to mars. we were able to send probes successfully to the outer reaches of this solar system 20 years ago. today, they smash into planets. yea, i believe that one.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if they were lying... They've lied about other things..

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   
keep in mind the brits had allready agreed to take exact pictures of cydonia...
thats why everyone was so excited but im sure you all know that.

very disapointing

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join