It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Shadow Person story. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I was laying in bed one night trying to go to sleep. I had to be up earlier than normal the next morning. My brain often will not shut down very easily, so i was basically just lying there thinking. then all of the sudden i just knew that something was in the room with me. I worked at a movie theater, and i had a lot of big movie posters posted on my walls. well somehow i seemed to just "understand" that some "things" were watching me through the eyes of my posters. i looked around the room, carefully looking into the eyes of the faces on my posters. I couldnt see any difference, but i knew "they" were there. I also somehow "understood" that they meant no harm, and that i had no need to be frightened, so i wasnt. I knew that they were just there to observe me. I am easily spooked by this type of thing, but that night i knew everything was going to be alright. After a little while of being observed, i began to feel a little sick to my stomach. I do not know if it is related, but it happened. All i really did was lay there for a while, not making any noise, feeling sick. Then it hit me; I had to pee. lol. so I looked over at the clock that i had sitting on my nightstand, and i saw that it was 1:30am. I said to myself something like "oh man, i have to be up so early. This sucks so bad." I was not mad at being observed, but i was a little upset that i was not going to get much sleep. So i went to the bathroom, came back to bed and layed back down. I was laying there on my back and then a Shadow Person leaned over me. This figure had the hat that i now know to be typical of a shadow person. it was strange, because the hat has always stuck out to me, and i have heard stories on Coast to Coast AM describing them with a hat, as well as Art and George talking about how they always have the hat. So anyways, this shadow person leaned over me, and told me "we gave you more time..." i kind of thought "whaaaaat?" so i looked over at the same clock that had read 1:30 before, and it was now saying 12:30!! after that, i knew that they had left. The sickness went away and i was able to fall asleep a little while later.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I had a shadow person encounter when I was 3 years old, yes i do still remember things from when i was that young, im 38 now.
Heres what happened;
Like i said, i was just a child and was in our apartment with my mother. We had a huge box in the family room that we had left from the new washer my dad had bought, it was kept for a while for me to play in. My mom went down stairs to get the mail and left me alone, the mailboxes were just about 100 feet or so away. After she left i was standing near the box when suddenly this dark figure appeared next to it, it was so dark that it was almost featureless but the one thing that always stuck in my mind is that it had a hat on. It was one of those hats that was really short brimmed, I compare it to a derby and he was only about 3 feet tall. When i seen him, i started screaming, my mom heard me scream so she ran back up the stairs but the door was now locked. When i started screaming he (it) pulled me inside the box and that was my last memory of what happened. My mom went to a neighbors house and called the fire dept to try to get inside the apt and then went back up to the door but this time it was unlocked.
When she got inside, she couldnt see me but heard me talking inside the box, so she ran over, looked inside and saw me sitting there and jabbering away.
At 3 years old i didnt have much of a vocabulary, so she claims she couldnt understand what i was saying. I dont remember either, like i said, the last memory i had was being pulled in, nothing after that..
All i do know is that I had a fear of big boxes after that lol, i wouldnt even sleep in my room untill my big toy box was gotten rid of.
Obviously some of this story had to have input from my mother because remembering something that happened at 3 yrs old isnt very common i know but the parts i told you i remembered, i really did.
Its just funny though that i can remember the hat so vividly because there was no detail to this person/thing, it was truly just like a shadow but the hat stood out, i can still see it 35 years later..

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
wow, thats crazy. it sounds like the same hat i saw on mine. Your story is rare, because from what i understand, they usually dont act like that towards people. I worked at a movie theater one time that was "haunted" by a big black shadowy blob. it didnt have a hat, it was just a mass of black. it was very strange.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Im jealous of you guys. I've been reading about shadow people on ATS and the experiences sound intense. I have been looking around my room now when i go to bed hoping to see a shadow person or something but no luck. I say luck because i want to have a visit by a shadow person. It seems as if they are gaurdian angels or something and they seem like good spirits. Im jealous

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
my experience left me with the feeling that i was being observed by a group of things, i am not sure if they were shadow people or what. I dont know if they were looking at me like studying me (a human) or maybe studying me as an individual for some reason. I never understood what was watching me, but i did have that shadow person lean over my face and "tell" me they gave me an hour. i have also recently heard of people getting sick feelings when around shadow people, so maybe my upset stomach was related to that event. as far as seeing one, maybe there is a place where they are seen a lot, kind of like how some houses are haunted, some areas have a lot of UFO action, etc. maybe there is a place with a lot of shadow person sightings. try looking into it.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
i'm not trying to disprove your experience or anything so plz dont take offence. could it be possible that you had a form of sleep paralysis / dream? or maybe it was daylight savings, do you have that where you are?

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
i have never had sleep paralysis, and in this case i had just got up to go to the bathroom, i know it was not a dream. also time change would not have any effect on my alarm clock, because its only changed manually, not automatic. i am not offended, i have no problem answering questions. this was a really strange event in my life, and i want to know more about it! getting outside perspectives, ideas, and questions is great. thanks

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
As a child I also experienced a shadow person. My story isn't as compelling as yours (except from the inate feeling of complete fear and vulnerability when I first laid eyes on the being - and that my brother also witnessed the event), however since then contact has grown with this entity and I'm in firm opinion that such experiences are more then coincidence and 'eye-tricks'.

You were probably chosen to be contacted. What I suggest is you stay true to your experiences and see where they end up, you may solve the puzzle.

My best advice is to not be consumed in fear. Fear is a barrier and held me back from a lot of initial contact.

[edit on 24-3-2007 by kolo_heights]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
What sort of hats do shadow people wear? Do the brims stick out further than the face? Have you got any drawings of them?
When I was about 14 I saw something in a mirror that I just haven't been able to explain. I saw what I thought at the time was a large bandage around someone's head in the mirror - as if someone was about to walk in profile in front of the mirror but stopped when only the 'bandage' was showing. I was in a music lesson at school with three other friends - none of whom saw anything unusual. Thinking back to it now, it could have been the brim of a hat.
Also at the same school about a year later, out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw someone peering over my shoulder. I assumed it was the teacher, but when I looked up he was at the front of the classroom (I was at the back with no other pupils behind me).

[edit on 24/3/07 by Ankhnesmeryre]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I have never seen anything like that in my bedroom at night but one time when it was pitch black with no lights anywhere.I heard someone stumbling around in the room and had actually kicked over a glass bottle on the floor.When I had the courage to turn on light ,nobody there.I was alone in the house that night.Now I use an air freshener with the built in night light.Cmon I know some of you may do that too

I sleep peaceful now.I have never heard anything since.I wonder if it was a shadow dude but could they possibly hate any lights on?

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Whoa! Tonight is the first night I am alone in this house again since that last time when I heard footsteps moving around the dark room.I was just about to fall sleep in front of the TV when I heard this huge crash upstairs!!

I went running up there because it sounded like somebody big fell down the stairs crashing to the floor.It was this Gigantic Antique Wall Mirror in the hallway that suddenly crashed to the floor! My heart was just beating like crazy,why did that happen the one night I am alone again?! It is most likely just a fluke but I can't see why it fell the 3 nails were still all in the wall...Damn,I think it's time to move.That was possibly the most shocked I ever felt in my life ,the crazy thing is that there is no scratch or nothing broke on that giant heavy Mirror...I'm still shaking but ya it could be just nothing but thanks guys for letting me write all this ,it calms me down knowing you people are out there.Has anyone ever experienced this in there house? There is no open windows or any wind ,I can't explain it.

After a few hours I went and put the mirror back on the wall and it turns out that the wire on the back broke in half,I guess it is just a really heavy mirror and just decided to break when no one else was home but me....still I'm thinking about moving

[edit on 25-3-2007 by mistr_b2]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   

What sort of hats do shadow people wear?

It looks similar to a fedora hat like this one
www.poshgirlvintage.com...

basically a short brim hat that looks like like a retro gangsters hat. the brim does stick out further than the face, which is why its so easy to remember that the shadow person had a hat on. you see a silhouette of a person and on their head is clearly the outline of a hat.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Thanks for the picture. That could well be what I saw - but just the brim of the hat before the rest of the face came into profile - there's no way it could have been anything in the room. My friend moved in front before I could see anyhting else. It was grey though.

sip

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think I saw a shadow person myself when I was about 8 years old. Again I was young so it could just have been my overactive imagination

Anyway it was at night, bedtime and I just climbed in, the bottom of my bed faces the window which is beside the porch and porchlight. This was a small bungalow in middle nowhere countryside. Anyway the porchlight was on and little light was coming through the curtains and suddenly a person slowly walked past the window with what looked like devils horns. It definately was not my parents because they were in the hallway, my brother was also asleep in his bed. I was awake, I'm sure. The shadow was so vivid aswell.
The house was old enough, used to be occupied by nuns before we lived there. Can't recall any other spooky goings on...

That's my story

sip

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
well being young does give you an overactive imagination, but i am one of those who believes that children are able to see things that most adults can not, such as ghosts. i think a lot of kids who have "imaginary friends" are actually seeing and talking to spiritits and things of that sort.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
That is exactly how i was going to describe the hate the one that attacked me wore.. I called it a derby because it was all rounded at the top, no indentions on and it had shorter rims. kinda like the hat the skinny tall guy on the honeymooners wore.
My experience was in no way related to sleep paralysis as I was it was daylight and I was wide awake.. even so, the fact that the doors were locked when my mother tried to get back in, then unlocked when the firemen arrived

Originally posted by evo80

What sort of hats do shadow people wear?

It looks similar to a fedora hat like this one
www.poshgirlvintage.com...

basically a short brim hat that looks like like a retro gangsters hat. the brim does stick out further than the face, which is why its so easy to remember that the shadow person had a hat on. you see a silhouette of a person and on their head is clearly the outline of a hat.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It was the kind of hat that i can only describe as a derby, black.. just like the one in this picture but without the feathers, just black and feature less.
How i was able to distinguish the hat when he had no other distinguishable features, i dont know thats just the way i remember it.
just like this one but no feather and no band

Originally posted by Ankhnesmeryre
What sort of hats do shadow people wear? Do the brims stick out further than the face? Have you got any drawings of them?
When I was about 14 I saw something in a mirror that I just haven't been able to explain. I saw what I thought at the time was a large bandage around someone's head in the mirror - as if someone was about to walk in profile in front of the mirror but stopped when only the 'bandage' was showing. I was in a music lesson at school with three other friends - none of whom saw anything unusual. Thinking back to it now, it could have been the brim of a hat.
Also at the same school about a year later, out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw someone peering over my shoulder. I assumed it was the teacher, but when I looked up he was at the front of the classroom (I was at the back with no other pupils behind me).

[edit on 4-4-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I'm not saying you're wrong as I've seen a shadow person myself (sadly it didn't have a hat lol) but I have to admit it does sound like a dream... I know you've already said it's not a night terror but I had a dream once that I woke up at 7.30 and did my usual morning routine (get dressed, brushed teeth and went to the toilet etc!) and started walking to school at 8.10 (i checked the kitchen clock before i left) and as soon as i stepped outside my front door my alarm went off and I woke up at 7.30... so i wouldn't say it definatly wasn't a dream ^_^

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Another time I seen something was in the year 2001 when I lived in Idaho. My brother bought a house in a rural area near Boise, this house was most definitely haunted. One night in particular as I was walking past the kitchen window something caught my attention.
I stopped and looked outside the window (already dark) I saw a dark, Grim Reaper looking shadow person walking across the gravel driveway. I didnt say anything at this time because I didnt want to startle my kids 7 yr old boy and 3 year old girl.
About one hour later, my son walked past the same window and yelled at me and my brother that somene was walking across the driveway. I ran to the door,that opened to the driveway and went outside but there was nothing there (of course) lol
I asked my son to describe what he saw, he described the same thing that I had seen earlier and i told my brother about me seeing the same thing.
After that, he confessed that he had seen he same thing the night before and we had all described the same thing.
Dark figure, with a hood that hung over its head, this made it impossible to see its face, which is why i described it earlier as a "grim reaper" type figure.
Over the course of about 2 weeks I experienced things like this several times.
My bedroom was up 1 flght of stairs from the kitchen, it was basically a small
attic bedroom, the front part was a small office type place for a desk and my PC and the back part was my bed.
Many nights, while setting at my PC I would see flashes (like strobe lights) out of the kitchen window, which I could see at the bottom of the stairs, from my PC. My brother would see them on several occasions as well. What was strange though was up untill that night, most of what we saw was outside on the gravel driveway.
However, later that night while at my desk on the PC. I noticed something darting back and forth the doorway, which was an open part that led to my bed about 8-10 feet from me. What I saw was a dark figure but I was not able to see it long enough to tell if it was the same thing we seen at the driveway.
My brothers bedroom, along with my kids, was down two flights of stairs from my bedroom.
So anyway, i turn out the lights and get in bed but as usual it takes a long time to go to sleep, so I just lay there with lights out trying to go to sleep.
After about 1 hour, still in bed and lights out when I "feel" a presence in my room but was to dark to see.
I lay in bed with my eyes open and motionless, trying to see something, the next thing I know, something sat down on the edge of my bed on the side I was sleeping on.
It was weird because it had mass and weight because the bed went down where it sat and i could "feel" something against my leg, like it was leaning back against my leg as it sat on edge of bed. I thought it was possible that it was my boy (the 7 year old) so i reached out for him (it) there was nothing there. Looking back, i thought well how strange was that. Not strange as in it being a shadow person but strange that it had mass and weight that I could feel on the bed. What was strange was that I could still feel the weight on the bed and my leg but as I reached out for it there was nothing to grasp.
It is weird that whatever "it" was it could something to NOT go through it (the bed and my leg) but at the same time, it could allow something TO go through it (my hand)
Long post I know, sorry

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
When I was about 9 in the dominican republic I was waiting for my big brother to come home, I would always be waiting by the door with my mom because it wasn't the best area in town so for his safety we would look out, one night my mom went to see the neighbors and left me alone for a few minutes, I saw two shadows two male figures wearing those hats that u described one figure was a shadow the other was a white silouette they seemed to look at me for what felt like minutes, all of a suddent the shape shifted into two winged lions and began to fight, so I did what any little kid would do I ran like a little girl, I told my mom and she said she would kick my booty for telling lies wich I wasn't; the next night I bravely decited not to wait for my bro and was taking a bath when I looked out side the bathroom window I saw afigure that looked like a gray (alien),it waved its hand from right to left, and sure enough I ran like my life depended on it.
I told my mom once more and as I did my big brother got home looking very spooked my mom asked him "what's wrong?" he said he had just seen a 2 foot tarantula follow him and vanish in to thin air, my mom looked at me and said she was sorry but I was to scared to pay her any attention. now I'm 28 years old and I work in a paper recycling plant in nyc on rotating 12 hour shifts and every time I'm on nights much like tonight I hear them wistle at me and call my name I stil see them dart by but I'm not scared anymore I'm actually trying to capture them on film but its next to impossible. Well that's my story hope nobody judges me for it I have always been called a liar when I tell that story but I am far from it I'm the type of person that will tell the ugly truth even if u don't wanna hear it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join