It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: 3 French Flights Cancelled!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Saw it on skynews a minute a go, the french government is cancelling a flight to LAX.

I'll keep you updated.

[Edited on 24-12-2003 by Nerdling]

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Dude. Not to be rude or anything, but we all have PCs and can all see the news flashes for ourselves.
How about posting when we got something concrete?

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I'm grateful for the updates personally....not all of us have access or know of all the best news sources...Nerdling...continue as normal please. I value your updates...same with everyone else....

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Did they give any hint at why, Nerdling? This is going to put a bit of a kink in the theory that the Bush administration is doing all of this to say "see we stop it".

You're not going to make me believe the Bush administration could get ANYBODY in France to play along right now. LOL!

This is VERY interesting. Depending on the "why", this may have just proved the REAL threat.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This came through from Reuters earlier.

www.reuters.com...

They were already looking at Air France for some reason.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
What the heck is going on in LA. Anyone found any underground news about it? Something is up there. I got a friend out there he says it's crazy military everywhere from the street corners to the sky even lot's of ships out in the harbor. What the hell is going on?

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Not sure, but I just picked up my woman's Granny at the Sacramento Airport last night and she said the security is pretty tight at LAX, they made her take her shoes, jacket and hat off-keep in mind this is an 86 year old woman

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL
What the heck is going on in LA. Anyone found any underground news about it? Something is up there. I got a friend out there he says it's crazy military everywhere from the street corners to the sky even lot's of ships out in the harbor. What the hell is going on?

Don't you know? When they say Las vegas and valdez Alaska and throw in Tappahannock Municipal Airport - ... Latitude: 37�55'30"N. Longitude: 76�52'18"W somehow it means LA.

I don't know dude, but here's one festival I'm passing on: www.essex-virginia.org...

JOIN US FOR TAPPAHANNOCK'S BIG EVENT IN 2004

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Dude. Not to be rude or anything, but we all have PCs and can all see the news flashes for ourselves.
How about posting when we got something concrete?

On the contrary, your average viewer will only visit cnn and likes for their news, these outlets tend to have entirely the same content alibeit paraphrased for legal reasons.

I'm trying to give a panoramic view of whats happening in the world. However, I respect the fact that you kept the criticism constructive instead of assininem and rude.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   
You know, any time now, we're going to see people posting on here saying that the only reason it happened is to get France back. Because the threat can't come from france, they disagreed with us and we went on and did it anyway. So if the threat is coming from France, we need to just ignore it...

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Update:

abcnews.go.com...

Dec. 24 � PARIS (Reuters) - France said Wednesday that national carrier Air France had canceled three U.S.-bound flights from Paris due to security concerns

I wonder if detailed threat information will be put up later, or are the french just playing a christmas prank?

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Just got this on cnn.com

It seems the threatscope just went nuts.

> BREAKING NEWS
French government cancels three Air France flights from Paris to L.A. due to terror fears, French Interior Ministry says. Details soon.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Oh well just less refugee claimaints in the end, no loss.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   

The cancellations were requested by the US embassy in Paris - which mentioned fears of a terror attack, French officials said

news.bbc.co.uk...

Seems pretty specific to me.

Imagine if you were one of the 600+ passengers booked on one of those flights. I probably wouldn't be complaining.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Alright, the kudos goes to cbsnews on this one, their the first outlet i've seen thats managed to formulate a good story on it.

CBS News National Security Correspondent David Martin reports the three Air France flights to the United States were cancelled as the result of late-night work by American officials to convince their French counterparts that the planes might be used by terrorists.

www.cbsnews.com...

I'd hate to be on those flights, their probably loaded with americans going home for christmas. I'm sure we'll be treated to nonstop terror commentary soon enough.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I don't understand why they would cancel the flights though.
If they had enough intelligence to know that the planes were a threat, why didn't they just load the passengers and then screen them? It would be far easier to secure a plane on the ground than it would a terminal full of passengers.

Any Al Qaeda terrorist is just going to walk out of the airport.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
You know how the french are...

*french accent* Oh No no, pleaze dont attack us,We surrender! we make you great feleigh mingoh, monsior pleaze!Besidez, you dont want to attack us, we are worthlez! Nothing!And we smell of pepe le pules diaria!

lol sorry,had to do that. But seriously my ex-girlfriend just moved to LA . I just spoke with her on aim last night.She says she saw a bunch of military hardware bieng moved into LA on the highway....

BUt I havent had the news on all morning. I cant say I heard any of these headlines.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

I'd hate to be on those flights, their probably loaded with americans going home for christmas. I'm sure we'll be treated to nonstop terror commentary soon enough.

And each and everyone of them is now on a list of possible terror suspects. I'd hate it too.

By the way, I've been trying to get the cancelled flight numbers, but the Air France site is a MESS right now. Inundated no doubt. Keeps saying NO FLIGHTS AVAILABLE.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
maybe ALL flights were canceled due to security concerns.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
MSNBC is reporting SIX flights cancelled!

www.msnbc.msn.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join