It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We (ATS) are a source for news...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Sitting here over morning coffee, my wife and I were floored to see something amazing... NY1 is the New York City equivalent to CNN (and is owned by CNN's parent company)... www.ny1.com... , and runs NYC-related and national news for 24 hours on Time Warner cable. As the camera scanned the news room leading to a commercial break, we saw someone obviously reading ATS! And when they came back from commercial break, we could see the same person about 15 feet behind the anchor person, still on ATS, browsing back-and-forth from the forum home, through several threads, and taking notes on a note pad, for about 2 minutes while the anchor was read the news! This is because of the high quality of our members and the posts you're making. Keep up the good work!

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
ACK!!!! They found us!!! QUICK! HEAD FOR THE HILLS!!!

(just messing with you, folks. I think it's funny, and it IS a tribute to some of the good research work here.)

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Thats a nice christmas present for you hehe, but i honestly feel its well deserved

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Your positive right? Why didn't you record it?! I thought you of all people would have a tape in the vcr or dvd writer!

Is there a way to check their sources, could we request an interview?

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR Is there a way to check their sources, could we request an interview?
Well... we have one of those pain-in-the-a$$ home theater arrangements (with DVD recorder) that actually takes some freakin planning to record anything. -sigh- I've sent an e-mail to the weekend editor, and also to someone I know who works there (camera man). We'll see if anything comes of it.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scarface Thats a nice christmas present for you
Not for me! For all our members!

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   
William,

Thank you for sharing this with us! That is just the coolest thing in the world. And I agree with you it's because there is just a wealth of quality investigators living right here amongst us! When I think about the things I learn here it just overwhelms me. Sure, everything I read here has to be checked, but the same should be true for absolutely anything read in mainstream media...and I don't think people do that enough.

That is why, when I get up in the morning, the first place I go is here for my news. THEN, I start checking out the "other" sources...lol!

I want to offer my thanks to Simon for this wonderful place, and letting me be a member. And I want to tell you how much I appreciate you and the fact you put up with me. Your efforts as an admin - the wonderful improvements you're constantly making, and the paternal approach you take to the board structure - is at the top of the list of why this place is what it is.

Thank you ATS members for being so great!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Thats really cool. Unless people start ripping off our ideas and post and turn them into their own stories but hopefully that wont happen. HORAY FOR ATS!

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Yep, this is the first place I go for news. Take the Egyptian FM beating for instance. I routinely look at CNN. I saw it here on ATS first, then had to wait for the news sites to start covering it, Sky, Reuters, Al-Jazeera, etc. Cool to hear.. Thanks for letting us know!

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I'm with Gaz. As soon as something breaks I find it here before anywhere else. I really do view this place as a news source since we have so many members scanning so many different sources all the time.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Think about the thousands of people who come here and then think about the average intelligence in comparison to the population at large...

Unlike every other "conspiracy" site I have personally seen, this one gives each "new" item plenty scrutiny. THAT'S the difference.

Investigation is the middle name of most of the posters here.

Now about your lack of Tivo, Bill... UNFORGIVABLE!

PEACE...
m...

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer Now about your lack of Tivo, Bill... UNFORGIVABLE!
DVR's just came out for our cable system... but I don't feel like recording crap so...
Just don't watch that much TV.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer
I'm with Gaz. As soon as something breaks I find it here before anywhere else. I really do view this place as a news source since we have so many members scanning so many different sources all the time.

Oh my gosh! We're like a big brain!

We're kind of syborg-ish! a collective consciousness!

Resistance is futile. We will take over the world!

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by observer

Oh my gosh! We're like a big brain!

We're kind of syborg-ish! a collective consciousness!

Resistance is futile. We will take over the world!

We are intellectual locusts, scouring the vast wasteland that is the net to find the useful bits. We then bring them back here to be devoured, digested and and sometimes puked back up if it turns out to be bad info. Welcome to our hive-mind!

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   
look at this.
News Article
U.S. Blurs High-Tech Washington Images
Wed Dec 24, 2:00 AM ET
story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/blurring_washington

ATS post
GlobeXplorer Censored
posted on 12-18-2003
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Call it the case of the missing White House. Users of Mapquest's free aerial photo database recently noticed that details of several Washington D.C. government buildings were no longer discernable in overhead images of the U.S. capital.

A comparison of old and new images posted on the government secrecy watchdog site Cryptome shows that portions of overhead color photos of the Capitol building and the grounds of the Naval Observatory, where the Vice President's residence is located, have been distorted -- pixilated into an digital blur."

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I wonder if they are just trying to guage our reactions to stuff. Just my .02.

-P

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
hey, perhaps the person you saw on TV will post a reply here....now THAT would be cool...
thanks again for sharing...
it's almost like we all shared our 15 minutes of fame

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
For the record, I am available for freelance work or under contract.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Bill, you can request the tape of the show from them, it'll probably cost you like 20 bucks, but the ego trip would be fun for all of us.

*swivels round and looks at camera in a peter jennings fashion*

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I would donate for a copy of that tape.
HECK yes I would

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join