It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Has anybody ever heard anything about time travel? Is it even possible to do so?

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I've got some friends that kept a voice mail I don't remember making... "When you see me, tell me to buy gold and move away from the coast. It was JEB. It was JEB!"

But I used to drink.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Click on this link -------> www.mysticfish.net then click on the "John Titor Project" get ready for ALOT of information about time travel!

PEACE...
m...

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Thanks, thats alot of info... IS there anyway that you could get a copy of this voicemail?

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Time travel has come up in threads here at ATS too, probably in the TECH areas so look for that too.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
JeanLuc; if you haven't, you should watch Donnie Darko, that's a movie that you would probably be interested in. It's all about time travel, wormholes, portals, all that stuff.

I'm not sure if I think it's possible. There's a lot of strange physics involved, Plus it'd be odd because the person time traveling would be seeing us do things that we haven't even done yet. But if we do have a 'set path', Gods Path, or whatever, then I think it's possible. Time travel would have a lot more implications than just traveling into the future, there'd be religous backlashes and all that stuff. So, i'll just say i'm indifferent towards time travel.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I mainly mean like jumping back in time...not so much as forward...

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
If it is possible, it probably is only backwards, and possibly only as an invisible observer.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Time Travel is unkown...keep an open mind regarding everything...dont become complacement on any one way,method or possiblity.

You might find this link interesting..it deals with time travel..mostly about John Titor..but an interesting read.
Anomalies.net>Time Travel Forum

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I have always wondered....what if you were to make a time-capsule
with instructions to the future and have the capsule guarded and
when time travel was possible, have the capsule opened and then
state in it;

future time travelers, please travel to this date(todays date) and if
time travel is possible there would be a time machine right then and there.

What do you think?

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cardsharp
I have always wondered....what if you were to make a time-capsule
with instructions to the future and have the capsule guarded and
when time travel was possible, have the capsule opened and then
state in it;

future time travelers, please travel to this date(todays date) and if
time travel is possible there would be a time machine right then and there.

What do you think?

This is assuming you can be compelling enough to make them want to go to that time. And if they do, and you intend to take the machine, you have to consider the possibility that time is linear. And if it is linear, the travelers already know that you're going to try to take their machine. In which case, uh-oh.

And then, if time isn't linear, you could go back in time, and never be able to get back to your timeline, because you'd already have influenced the past, creating another time line. You could go further back, then forward, but then you just created another branch because your time machine showed up in the past, even for a second. Time travel is rather dangerous unless you know what you're doing...Like me

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   
That is the thing...if you go back in time, don't do anything!

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeanLucPicard
That is the thing...if you go back in time, don't do anything!

But you just went back in time, and that in its self is something!

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Then you can watch the things the past you did. Like pretend to be a doctor of physics. Wait...did I say that?

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Man.. if I could go back in time.. i'd be rich.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I have a LARGE following of ppl, who agree with me and my theory. It's very complex, and takes about a week to fully explain. email me for details.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I believe the general rule is time travel is "possible" when going forward and not backwards. As you cannot travel past the point of where the first event began

Abstract
----------
science.howstuffworks.com...
www.sciam.com...
epunix.biols.susx.ac.uk...

Technical
------------
plato.stanford.edu...
freespace.virgin.net...

The search function isn't doing a good job looking for past posts

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxRaider
I have a LARGE following of ppl, who agree with me and my theory. It's very complex, and takes about a week to fully explain. email me for details.

how bout you post it up here so everyone can see?

I myself think time travel is impossible, but I will change my mind if anyone can convince me. Even if it is possible, I don't think it would be practical or ethical.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
i dont believe you can travel to the past as i dont believe it exists. i believe only the present truly exists. time is a human invention to measure duration, thats all.

there seems to be this assumption that everything that has ever happened has been given a time-code and filed away for future use and laid out in a linear line.

however i do think travelling to the future can be achieved by the infamous cheating method of travelling at faster than light speeds etc etc...

[Edited on 24-12-2003 by innkue]

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by innkue
i dont believe you can travel to the past as i dont believe it exists. i believe only the present truly exists. time is a human invention to measure duration, thats all.

there seems to be this assumption that everything that has ever happened has been given a time-code and filed away for future use and laid out in a linear line.

however i do think travelling to the future can be achieved by the infamous cheating method of travelling at faster than light speeds etc etc...

[Edited on 24-12-2003 by innkue]

this is kind of how I think...whatever is happening NOW is all there is...but time is not just a human invention, the way we measure it is..but time is very real, and we would not be here if time did not exist.

space cannot exist without time and vice versa

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join