It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Copy of Declaration of Independence Sold for $2.48

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Rare Copy of Declaration of Independence Sold for $2.48

Source Link: www.freep.com

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Many people dream of being the lucky so-and-so who went to a thrift store and bought a $2 item that turned out to be worth six figures. Meet Michael Sparks, a Nashville music equipment technician for Soundcheck Nashville, who happens to be that so-and-so.

A rolled-up document he happened upon last March and paid less than $3 for turns out to be a rare copy of the Declaration of Independence. It might fetch a quarter-million at auction - or more.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I wonder if the individual who purchased the item knew before hand what it was worth. That is one helluva bargain man.

I can see him/her laughing all the way to the bank and I think it will be more like 7 figures not 6 as suggested unless of course the condition is such that it prevents it.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Good for him.. That is one lucky guy! Not only because of the money, but to have such an important piece of history. He can only wonder who held that same document in their hands.

It also reminds me of the person who mailed a letter with a $250000 rare stamp without writing a return address on the envelope.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
I wonder if the individual who purchased the item knew before hand what it was worth. That is one helluva bargain man.

I would say since he had it authenticated, he probably at least had a clue. I didn't read the article though.

new topics

top topics

join