It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool stuff on ariel photos.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I have a program called Expert GPS that goes online and downloads maps and ariel photos around the gps waypoints that I download to the program from my gps unit. I noticed this in one of the mosaics. It looks like it might be written on the photo, but is spelled with white rocks on the side of a mountain to direct ufo's to Phoenix.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
lol......maybe its just a way to ward them off.
errrrr......I dunno what else to say.
Deep

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Is this image taken from an aircraft or Landsat 7?

If you want to get an aerial photograph of your own hometown be sure to check out:USGS Earth Explorer You can even buy landsat enhanced imagery compact disks, golly thats purdy.

BTW, those white rocks were probably put there to guide wayward pilots back in the days of yore prior to GPS. Its a fricken desert, everything looks the same.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by insite
Is this image taken from an aircraft or Landsat 7?

If you want to get an aerial photograph of your own hometown be sure to check out:USGS Earth Explorer You can even buy landsat enhanced imagery compact disks, golly thats purdy.

BTW, those white rocks were probably put there to guide wayward pilots back in the days of yore prior to GPS. Its a fricken desert, everything looks the same.

SSSSHHHHHHH! You're going to spoil the fun.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Here is a fun site with lots of stuff about desktop digital mapping. I already have 3dem featured here and will be checking it out shortly trying to overlay Digital Ortho Rectified Photos over Digital Elevation Models with a topographic map overlay such as the one shown on this site. Fun stuff for free!!!

DIGITAL GROVE DESKTOP MAPPING

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Is this your site groingrinder? This is more up my alley, I love GIS.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
Is this your site groingrinder? This is more up my alley, I love GIS.

No, not my site, I am just getting into this stuff, but I am wholly into 3d modeling and animation and this fits right in.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
(g) This one's a Forum Library "keeper." Good stuff!

new topics

top topics

join