It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VERY STRANGE Moon Anomalie??? Does anyone know what this is?(calling Mr Lear)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I (as im sure a few of you have) saw this very briefly on the video "UFO - Greatest Story Ever Denied".

Ive been trying to find it ever since....

And now I have, does anyone know what this is??

I've followed most of the Moon anomalie threads for the last 4-5 months and havent seen this come up, and its abit hard to go through ALL of them to check, so apologies if this has been discussed before.

This is the image in question,the obvious array of "white dots"...

From this site, a nice little site for moon pics

the site has nice little gems on it like this...

Second picture down is very intersting.

So, What do guys think, anyone know what this is, (the array of white dots)? im thinking the "aesthetically pleasing" blobs, above right,about 3cm of the white dots, is a processing anomalie (because it sits on top of the lines on the film.

The array on white dots, however, appear to be under the lines.

Any thoughts, or out-right knowledge/facts on this artifact?

Appreciated

[edit on 21-1-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]EDITED FOR WRONG SITE POSTING

[edit on 21-1-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

[edit on 21-1-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Im giving it a little "bump" here, as it slowly sinks down the list.

Doesn't ANYbody have any idea what this "things" are supposed to be.

We have some DAMN good "moon enthusiasts" here on ATS, so i havent lost faith yet

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Given the fact that the entire image is a mosaic comprised of separate strips of film, I think that the possibilities of the anomaly showing up in three separate bands, at exactly the right place to form a cohesive image is extremely remote. I myself am fairly convinced what we have here is a picture of a settlement of some sort on the moon. In fact, if you zoom in and look closely at the bottom right corner of the large image, you can see a similar "settlement" in a different formation. There is also one more at the bottom middle of the frame. Strange stuff, indeed.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yeah, i noticed that "other" array of dots bottom left as well.

VERY strange indeed.

Im gonna see if i can get someone here to look at this pic,who knows alot about moon pics. I'm thinking Zorgon or John lear.

They MUST know something about this

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilism
the site has nice little gems on it like this...

Second picture down is very intersting.

Simulation of probable HIRES view of ancient settlement on the Moon (left).

Keyword simulation.

Anyway, I dont know what the specks are. I remember them being brought up before though.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
cool, cheers.

I was whipping through the site gathering up pictures and didn't read that.

So, you say that the pic with the Dots Array has been discussed here before?

Do you remember what the conclusion was?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

This is the image in question,the obvious array of "white dots"...

I opened this image in Photoshop and noticed that someone had created two paths. Not sure what that means, other than someone was obviously tampering with the original image. The paths don't register with the images discussed. But the fact that paths are present leaves me to suspect this is a hoax.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hmmm interesting.

I would be surprised if an organisation with this amount of work behind AND in frount of them, felt the need to do that.

The Site the pic is form......

www.lpi.usra.edu...

Still, i agree, a curious find

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The image in question is a 32-bit RGB JFIF jpeg file created in an old version of Adobe Photoship (3.0) tagged in the jpeg source file.

From my recollection, official digital moon images from NASA are 8-bit JPEG grayscale, not RGB.

I confirmed the image does indeed have two paths. The first labeled "Lamont", and the second a default "path 1". This clearly indicates this image has likely been modified from the original.

[edit on 22-1-2007 by mister.old.school]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Now, i know SOD all about photoshop,image processing etc. so for forgive me if my question sounds "uninformed"...but....

Could two pathways be created when processing the image from one format to another?

In other words, are there other ways to make "two pathways" WITHOUT the image actually being tampered with.

Im just thinking that if there's say, 20 ways to get two paths and only ONE of them is tampering, then that is only ONE of many possible explainations.

Just thinking of other ideas
like i said ...i know NOTHING about imagine software and what it involves

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Im just thinking that if there's say, 20 ways to get two paths and only ONE of them is tampering, then that is only ONE of many possible explainations.

From my experience, there's only one way to add a clipping path, and that's by hand.

Here's a link to a screenshot of the image and the clipping path:

northstar-autoparts.com...

This path, as you can see, is a circle. Again, I'm not saying that who ever created the path had intended to create the anomalies, but the fact that the path is there is suspect. Also, the path could have been added later, and not by the people at www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Exellent!

Thankyou very much for your contribution guys

I'm still tryin to see if i can get someone in here that knows alot about lunar images. Someone may recognise this photo.

Tis deffinately a strange one, and if it IS there, then this has to be one of the most STRANGEST things......

apart from THIS and THIS....

DATA'S HEAD......half way down the page

Hoagland's Lunar Sharde

That has every been seen on the lunar surface....ASSUMING its actually there

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It is interesting to note that on that site there are more pictures with these anomalies on them
www.lpi.usra.edu...

check out all the photos that are IV-085-xx
I think all of them have these strange formations.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by drconfused

It is interesting to note that on that site there are more pictures with these anomalies on them www.lpi.usra.edu...

Please disregard my comments above. It appears those clipping paths were used to indicate areas on the moon.

Here's a link showing the fully disclosed area, including the Lamont area:

www.lpi.usra.edu...

I apologize if I mislead anyone. Just shows what a little research will find. However, the mystery is still there concerning the OP's original thoughts: "What are those things?"

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
No, NO.

You're right though, they are VERY similar.

You see, there are TWO types of anomaly on that pic.

1. Around the 1 O'clock area, from the central array of dots, the anomaly LOOKS like a "burn" on the film, it goes OVER the scanning lines, so im guessing, Picture anomaly.

2. The array of white dots,in the center AND bottom left of the image (but PERTICULARLY the central array) look like they're more "embedded" in the photograph, AND beneith the scan lines......HOWEVER!!!!..

These white dots, as found by Papajake, ARE found on other pics..NOT just the IV-085-xx...but others, that DONT fit the picture.

But are they the FIRST picture anomalie that i listed OR the second.

Here is the list of pics on that page, FOLLOWED by two examples of suspect images showing similarities

List Of Images

V-065-M

IV-085-H2

GOOD sluething Papajake

What do others think?

Them "White out of place" craters still look a litle odd?

I would be VERY dissapointed if the producers of "UFO GREATEST STORY EVER DENIED" showed this image KNOWING there were a few others to cast doubt on its authenticity

[edit on 22-1-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
If you ever wondered what NASA airbrushes out, well this is it. Why?

It shows intelligent design, and they don't give two hoots if you find water or rock formations that look like houses, they just don't want you to believe that there's intelligence out there. Anyways here's one you'll get a kick out of.

img143.imageshack.us...

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I bet some of these pics give hardcore skeptics nightmares
. I had never seen some of these pics. Cool stuff. At first the white dots reminded me of finder prints, maybe a greasy finger made its way onto the raw original. But after seeing these other images, I think there is no doubt that these white things are actually on the ground. Ive only seen one picture where the white things were clearly a glitch in the photo due to the scale of the objects.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by Unplugged]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by subliminaut
Given the fact that the entire image is a mosaic comprised of separate strips of film,

That would be incorrect... they are NOT separate strips of Film if they are Lunar Orbiter images.... they are video scan passes on the same negative... the negative stays on board the space craft similar but not the same... the image is ONE negative..

I think that the possibilities of the anomaly showing up in three separate bands, at exactly the right place to form a cohesive image is extremely remote.

So this is mute LOL as it IS only a single snapshot....

Ive been trying to find it ever since....

What surprizes me is that you found this one at LPI... good work! But had you not U2U'ed me I would not have noticed... I have my hands full in the other threads.... This "anomalie" is on the farside of the moon and has made the circuit as a settlement... I have been looking for a good copy!

The Russian site is interesting I will have to take some time to look it over. I will add it to my info on the Russian space shuttle

[edit on 22-1-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by incunabula
Anyways here's one you'll get a kick out of.

img143.imageshack.us...

Got the original source image number on this one?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Glad i could be of help

I came across the pic Incunabula linked, that you asked for...

IV-103-H1

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join